• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony removed the interview with Neil Druckmann on AI and issued an apology

This is pure brilliance for gettin perspective, I can't actually think of something I care less about that this, whether he said it, whether its true or any of it.

I was outside a cafe an hour ago and I saw a dog sticking its head out of a driver's side window as the car passed by, I'm more concerned with whether the dog was driving the car or not. I think its very unlikely the dog was driving the care if I'm being honest, but I'm not invested in finding out than anything to do with what ND may or may not have said.

Here's a much much more interesting, if a little dated, controversy:

The video is very recent at the very least. Praise to the gravel-voiced big man, Ahoy 🙏

Amsterdam?

FeralEcho

"Cucks"

"Cucks Everywhere"

gPqWWjx.jpeg

ProtoByte

Gold Member
Neil and Sony both need to understand that there's a contigent of people, apparently including professionals, who will flip out if he says the sky is blue.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
Neil must be powerful AF inside Sony it they're apologizing TO HIM for what HE SAID.

(I don't think there was anything remotely wrong with what he said)
"Notably, that screenshot indicates Sony didn't simply edit Druckmann's answers—but actually penned completely new statements that were attributed to him."

JaksGhost

Neil probably said those things, but didn't like the backlash.
The transcript from the actual interview is different from what was published on their site. I, too, would ask for it to either be removed or at the very least put what I said verbatim. He already published what was actually said but I fear you guys wouldn’t take the time out to look at that because it doesn’t fit your idea of him. This site alone had 3-5 threads based on the same interview, splitting it up for clicks.

Last edited:

Gp1

Wtf... It was the first time that Neil Druckmann spoke some truths in a very long time lol

blue velvet

They need to bring back Emy Hennig. The last Naughty Dog game I truly enjoyed was the first Uncharted, one of the few games I platinumed. This guy yaps too much.

rm082e

I disagree. I think he meant it that people at large are now aware of how deep some games can be narratively and thanks to TV adaptations like Fallout and Last of Us, there is much more interest in what ND next game and potentially other games are going to do next. And he's excited for what those reactions will be. Not that their next game is going to redefine the perceptions. The redefining already happened with the TV adaptations.

Yeah, that was how I took it.

And I think that's a fair thing to say. I bought TLOU on Blu-ray and was watching it with my son. I had mentioned to my wife what it was, but she doesn't play games so she's out of touch. She walked through the room during the last scene with Max. After it was over my wife was like "Was that actually part of the game???" I had to explain how the game was like playing an HBO drama, so it was great source material for making the show. She was kind of shocked.

ZehDon

In large corporations, when the comms team spins up an internal PR fluff piece about a high ranking executive, said executive is provided a full copy well in advance to allow them to make changes. This is part of every corporation's PR cycle, to allows for careful brand manicuring. What I see here is that Druckmann was initially happy with the article... until other game developers started laughing at it or attacking it on social media. I'd wager part of the reason Druckmann responded on social media by posting large sections of the text in full is that he was still pretty happy with it... until the push back didn't stop.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
wtf? Nothing was controversial or misconstrued about what he said…?

He misconstrued what he said so he needed to apologize to him and release an amended full response to his original response to the question he was asked.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Removed? Someone better tell Sony about the Wayback machine.

If anyone reads his interview, all he's really saying is what anyone at any big company would say.

Company tries to improve tools and resources to make great products at improved costs and efficiencies. No different than a bank or Bob's and Betty's Back Hills Bakery.

Leave it to video game people and fans to go apeshit pissed.

sendit

Did him saying AI will enhance development trigger people that much (including Sony)? He only stated the truth.

Top Bottom