• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony State of Play (25th Feb - 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm UK)

State of Play rate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aion002

Cool! I am hoping that they will focus on things that will be released this year and have at least one surprise. A Bloodborne patch or remaster would be amazing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
We're only getting Ratchet and Kena, but that'll be fine.

I'd love to see Horizon though even if it's cross gen trash
ive seen enough of ratchet.

totally forgot Horizon is cross gen. its actually the only next gen looking game weve seen so far. lets hope its there and didnt get downgraded.

Azurro

Banned
I want more details on what is the amount of time that PS games will remain timed exclusive. If PS games are now designed to run on a wide range of configurations, then it'd good to know this information to start building a PC. I prefer the console experience, but without the exclusive software, then there's no point and it's simply better to go for the better performance.

Lol it happens on the day of my birthday, but not only that but also starts when I have my restaurant reservation booked for friends and family which is at 2 PM PT/5PM EST , thanks Sony for the birthday gift. Guess I'll have to keep checking on my phone for announcements, as I can't watch it.

EDMIX

I expect new trailers for Returnal, Ratchet and Clank and Resident Evil 8 plus other fillers. I don't expect big surprises, those are almost never included in State of Plays.

Well....maybe. Resident Evil 3 remake was literally announced during a State Of Play. The reason why I think they love the randomness is they get to take over a media cycle of people JUST talking about them, so this whole "I expect" this and that and "almost never" is what they want you to think in the first place.

That sounds like an event I'd want to put my game trailer on to shock everyone and own the media cycle.

Look at Resident Evil 3 remake's views on youtube when it was first announced, to literally got millions of more views then Resident Evil 2 remake announcement, why? Well look at all the fucking shit that was announced THEY DAY Resident Evil 2 remake was announced..... look at how little was announced during that state of play for Resident Evil 3....

So when you say something like "I don't expect big surprises" that is why some publishers want to book their reveal during a State Of Play, Nintendo Direct, random Youtube video lol They want NOTHING ELSE major going on so alllllll you talk about is their title. So this is just different then several years ago where you got big announcements from a few places. With games getting this expensive to make, they can't afford to put all their money behind reveal their game in a packed day with other announcements getting lost in the shuffle. So I'd say, if anything....expect some of the biggest announcements in those smaller, not toe be expected state of plays. That is what they are banking on tbh.

I personally want to see that Cat game lol, Little Devil Inside, some more GT7 footage, God Of War trailer.

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
you mean debut god of war ragnarok footage, the announcement teaser had nothing to go with apart from the 2021 release window reveal

i know that's what i mean, debut footage is new

tenor.gif

SNPlayen

Jim Ryan didnt mention God of War in that GQ interview thing as a 2021 release. That means they are showing it in the State of Play!!

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Most curious thing for me: They mentioned that "there won’t be PlayStation hardware or business-focused updates in this show."

Last year, Sony used to only say "there won't be Playstation hardware updates" -- because everyone was expecting PS5-related news. But then we (and they) knew that PS5 updates were coming soon, just not in this SOP episode.

Perhaps this is Sony's way of saying that business-focused updates will be in a future episode/show? I'm thinking PS+ or PSNow updates, acquisition, restructuring, licenses, more clear updates on future PS partnerships, etc. Interesting!

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Please just give me TLOU 2 REMASTERED GOD DAMN IVE BEEN WAITING 8 MONTHS FOR MY SECOND REPLAY AND I FOOLOSHLY BOUGHT A PS5 AT LAUNCH THINKING IT WOULD BE A LAUNCH TITLE

:messenger_smirking: :messenger_expressionless:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Most curious thing for me: They mentioned that "there won’t be PlayStation hardware or business-focused updates in this show."

Last year, Sony used to only say "there won't be Playstation hardware updates" -- because everyone was expecting PS5-related news. But then we (and they) knew that PS5 updates were coming soon, just not in this SOP episode.

Perhaps this is Sony's way of saying that business-focused updates will be in a future episode/show? I'm thinking PS+ or PSNow updates, acquisition, restructuring, licenses, more clear updates on future PS partnerships, etc. Interesting!

I think Sony looks at the rumors going around and sets people expectations by saying what's not going to be in the show. So I believe there won't be any acquisition news in this State of Play episode

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
At the very least.

THE VERY LEAST

I hope they show HZD:FW footage and THEN announce a 60fps patch for HZD.

Orpheum

I don't expect new announcements to be honest.

We know which games are set to release this year so it'll be about those. I'm putting my hopes in a larger show in June at around the time of when E3 usually happens

Honestly Ill be happy to hear about anything. But I assume it’ll be about Returnal and Rachet and Clank. Some Last of Us Multiplayer would be nice.

Please just give me TLOU 2 REMASTERED GOD DAMN IVE BEEN WAITING 8 MONTHS FOR MY SECOND REPLAY AND I FOOLOSHLY BOUGHT A PS5 AT LAUNCH THINKING IT WOULD BE A LAUNCH TITLE

:messenger_smirking: :messenger_expressionless:
It doesn't need a remaster, they just have to unlock the frame rate. It's ten minutes of work and they won't do it for some reason.

Bramble

Predictions:
Returnal gameplay
Kena Bridge of Spirits free with PS Plus March
The Last of Us Pt. II PS5 details, maybe Factions reveal and release date
Days Gone 2 teaser
Maybe some new R&C gameplay

More like state of delays i guess :D

But still we might see what has chance to make it in 2021 from presented stuff.

Hoping for Horizon footage

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think Sony looks at the rumors going around and sets people expectations by saying what's not going to be in the show. So I believe there won't be any acquisition news in this State of Play episode
Yeah, but my point was that there won't be business-related news in this episode, so perhaps there is business-related news coming soon in the future, perhaps in one of the next State of Play episodes.

Hunnybun

I don't think we'll get new stuff on Returnal - I assume they'll save that for a dedicated state of play nearer release.

I think Kena is a lock.

Resident Evil 8 seems to be hard to avoid so I'm guessing that will be there. The Oddworld game will be there too, and probably Little Devil Inside. I'm gonna say there'll be at LEAST one other "eat your greens" style indie showing: Jett, Goodbye Volcano High, Solar Ash etc.

So that's 5 or 6 of the 10 accounted for. Personally I think Ratchet will show up. I think there'll be at least 2 new announcements. Which leaves 1 or 2 updates of previously announced games.

Deathloop is very possible, but I think I read somewhere that that's will probably be shown on IGN on Friday... I guess there's some Arkane thing going on?

The only big stuff from last year's reveals left to release, and which haven't already been delayed, are Horizon, Final Fantasy XVI, and God of War.

So I think there's a pretty good chance of Horizon showing up, tbh. I really, really, hope it does.

I think the new announcements will be FF VII PS5 version, and perhaps a slew of PS4 games all getting patches, so Uncharted 4, TLOU 2, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, maybe even stuff like GTA V and RDR2.

I'd like to see Factions or this rumoured MGS stuff but I can't see it.

Last edited:

Just_one

I´ll go all in :

Final Fantasy VII Remake PS5
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 Teaser
Bloodbourne PS5 4K/60fps Patch
Kena Release Date
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Gameplay and Release Date
Elder Ring Gameplay
GTA 5 PS5 Version Release Date
God Of War 2 Trailer
Deathloop Gameplay and Release Date
Ratchet & Clank Gameplay (showing off the ssd power)

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I´ll go all in :

Final Fantasy VII Remake PS5
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 Teaser
Bloodbourne PS5 4K/60fps Patch
Kena Release Date
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Gameplay and Release Date
Elder Ring Gameplay
GTA 5 PS5 Version Release Date
God Of War 2 Trailer
Deathloop Gameplay and Release Date
Ratchet & Clank Gameplay (showing off the ssd power)

And ends with Jim Ryan cracking hard boiled eggs between his bicep and forearm

maxresdefault.jpg

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I would like to see something unexpected from Returnal.

Can't wait for the game.

How big are the chances of news from Elden Ring?

Elios83

Well....maybe. Resident Evil 3 remake was literally announced during a State Of Play. The reason why I think they love the randomness is they get to take over a media cycle of people JUST talking about them, so this whole "I expect" this and that and "almost never" is what they want you to think in the first place.

That sounds like an event I'd want to put my game trailer on to shock everyone and own the media cycle.

Look at Resident Evil 3 remake's views on youtube when it was first announced, to literally got millions of more views then Resident Evil 2 remake announcement, why? Well look at all the fucking shit that was announced THEY DAY Resident Evil 2 remake was announced..... look at how little was announced during that state of play for Resident Evil 3....

So when you say something like "I don't expect big surprises" that is why some publishers want to book their reveal during a State Of Play, Nintendo Direct, random Youtube video lol They want NOTHING ELSE major going on so alllllll you talk about is their title. So this is just different then several years ago where you got big announcements from a few places. With games getting this expensive to make, they can't afford to put all their money behind reveal their game in a packed day with other announcements getting lost in the shuffle. So I'd say, if anything....expect some of the biggest announcements in those smaller, not toe be expected state of plays. That is what they are banking on tbh.

I personally want to see that Cat game lol, Little Devil Inside, some more GT7 footage, God Of War trailer.

Obviously if there are big surprises it will be great but State of Plays rarely are the place for these announcements.
Imo they set the expectations pretty clearly.
There are 10 games and most will be updates of games announced in June.
So:
RE8
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank
Kena
Deathloop
Stray
Little Devil Inside
Oddworld

and 8/10 are already gone.

Hunnybun

Obviously if there are big surprises it will be great but State of Plays rarely are the place for these announcements.
Imo they set the expectations pretty clearly.
There are 10 games and most will be updates of games announced in June.
So:
RE8
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank
Kena
Deathloop
Stray
Little Devil Inside
Oddworld

and 8/10 are already gone.

I'd say Stray is pretty doubtful because it was only tentatively announced as releasing late this year, meaning that it probably won't appear until next year now.

I'm not sure about Returnal either. It's coming in a couple of months, so will almost certainly get its own State of Play in April. Plus it's already had quite a few showings. I'm not sure it needs to be here as well. Not saying it won't be, but I don't think it's a certainty.

kyliethicc

10 games, ~ 3 mins each...

mostly 2021 3rd party or indie games, some from the June 2020 show...

1. Final Fantasy 7 remake (PS5 PC)
2. Oddworld Soulstorm
3. Kena Bridge of Spirits
4. Jett The Far Shore
5. Goodbye Volcano High
6. Little Devil Inside
7. Solar Ash
8. Stray
9. fucking GTA 5 port (PS5)
10. Ghostwire Tokyo / Deathloop

I expect nothing really from 1st party in this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom