• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play Thursday, September 14 at 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT

For this to get me hard, I'd need all of the below to be shown/announced

Dragons Dogma 2
Dino Crisis Remake
Unreal Tournament
Half-Life Orange Box remaster
GTA 6
Space Marine 2
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 9
Alien Vs Predator Arcade port
KOTOR remake

No sir, all you get is Foamstars...

6/10 Nothing exciting.

Spider-man looks cool but we have seen it multiple times already, FF7R we have also seen a couple of times already. Without them it would be 4/10 at best. Personally, I have already forgotten other games aside SM and FF.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
It shouldn't be a surprise that the showcases for the GaaS games were an embarrassing cringe, while showcases for single player only games were pretty sick.

Audiophile

Gold Member
Much better showing for Spidey vs that godawful gameplay presentation they lead with a some months back. Though there's still something a little off with the cohesiveness of some assets with the overall image, much of it was quite striking and impressive. Nice of them to detail the map and some functionality too.

As for the rest of the state of play presentation........................:sleep:

Bartski

Gold Member
I expected nothing, got RE4R DLC coming next week and Ghostrunner 2 demo.

not bad team GIF

Fbh

Rebirth looks great.

Otherwise boring show but I can't blame them, they said it would be boring beforehand.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just watched this. Did Jim Ryan have a sex change?

I have to say the cringeworthy rap music at the end for the Spider-Man stuff is so shit it’s laughable.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I have to say.....I wasn't really excited about Spider-man until that.
This was such a dope trailer. I also LOVED the previous Story trailer. Insomniac hit out of the park in their last 2 showings of SM2 I feel.

The gameplay reveal was relatively weaker than this. And I think it'd have been better if Insomniac didn't show the game back then at all, because the optimization work is clearly backloaded in their workflow, and it keeps improving every time they show it.

Topher

Gold Member
This was such a dope trailer. I also LOVED the previous Story trailer. Insomniac hit out of the park in their last 2 showings of SM2 I feel.

The gameplay reveal was relatively weaker than this. And I think it'd have been better if Insomniac didn't show the game back then at all, because the optimization work is clearly backloaded in their workflow, and it keeps improving every time they show it.

I'm excited they opened it up to more Burroughs. That's going to be cool to check out.

XesqueVara

No, it's published by Sony now. So it'll release I think.

Sony also hasn't shown Rise of the Ronin, which is apparently releasing in early 2024 too.
Rise of the Ronin is a Japanese one so don't need to worry about it.
Korean and Chinese ones show their games and then disappear.

Top Bottom