• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | January 31, 2024 [OT]

Audiophile

Gold Member
I wanna believe that's early 2025 for DS2 but with GTAVI likely being Q1 '25 I doubt DS2 will release then. Plus the first game was a November game.

Sold my PS5 last year. With Wolverine pushed out to 2025 and Ghost Of Tsushima 2 nowhere to be seen, looks like I won't be getting a Pro til early 2025 now as there's really nothing much else that interests me.

Was hoping for a PS5 Pro + DS2 line-up this November; the game looks awesome though!

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
This was epic and surprisingly full of stuff for everyone.

SH2 is still an unknown quality, but overall presentation went beyond my expectations. And yes, Sony really held bcak because of this stupid ABK shenanigans.

DeNoro

Neo Member
Look, the showcase was fine, in my opinion. Stellar Blade looked fun, althouth i despise asian trailers. Rise of the Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2 combat seemed engaging. The Silent Hills Short Messege game maybe interesting, but I thought the shots that seem to come out of P.T. to be and odd choice to keep, to say the least. SH Remake looked subpar when compared to the announcement. The indie stuff looked to be so uninteresting and the announcement of Until Dawn remake was a waste of time (Sony now announces big stuff on articles and the boring stuff in showcases). The only jaw dropping looking visuals were from Death Stranging 2. It really looked "next gen" and it left me excited, although again, I despise asian trailers.

In the end, my greates disappointment was that it was, again, another showcase without the participation of Playstation's most important and famous first party studios. It's been such a long time since we've seen them in action. To me they are sinonimous with the Playstation brand. I remeber that 3 years ago, every showing would count with the presence of their main studios, but now we only get to know what they are up to through leaks.

N30RYU

Is there a list of the games shown and on what platform they release?

Other than Stellar Blade, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, F7R2... what are the PS5 console exclusive games shown?

Eiknarf

Banned
Oh. Rise of the Ronin. Fuck me sideways that looks awesome. I’m getting this bitch day one. Fuck it.
Will Rise of the Ronan be more like Nioh, or more like Ghost of Tsushima, or more like Assassin’s Creed?

I’m reading that it’s “not really a soulslike”

“While Rise of Ronin won’t be a Soulslike, some elements will remain.”

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Dude I was blown away by DS2. I didn't like the first game too much but this looks fun. I was smiling the whole time when Kojima was shown.

Top Bottom