• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony vs VFXVeteran: The Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vick

The time has come.

AcCPdVr.gif

After years of widespread fear and misinformation, it's time to held VFXVeteran VFXVeteran accountable for his crimes right before the start of the new generation.

For this first round, let's just start chilling with some screenshots from a 2018 free-roam:

GEhgO0t.png

5ZUOFB5.png

Eou4hvh.png

MCeGyDi.png

cvO5zYY.png

PgdIo5B.png

orAf8wC.png

LZxkVUS.png

3yPeuP4.png

ldeRRSy.png

cZQNwkR.png

Y3KVMsq.png

But that was just an appetizer, so let's move on with some God of War goodness:

rHjgy3o.png

Lu9HBLW.png

XYSM7Kv.png

DlHld5h.png

Jfpng0S.png

s5kc14x.png

TkBNXAw.png

fJiHohq.png

VMASpOe.png

me6Rd8b.png

rNDDOvN.png

7nkhGKQ.png

ns6GtrZ.png

RJAqyZ1.png

PGzBzFv.png

kfYt0S3.png

And now let's end with a bang with some Uncharted 4 goodies (first person shots are taken by simply aiming with the HS39 with no HUD, or by playing with the camera).

AiAPE2G.png

zbjtZ70.png

xUTWph0.png

hpEDg1K.png

DQhfMWa.png

gdQE1wB.png

XwRk8WC.png

M85OTys.png

TPGO62U.png

Cs1kett.png

CoIsjhE.png

2lWhh2a.png

fC8uSMs.png

g2edQQE.png

uRClcPM.png

4X9DZR9.png

jg7dzWb.png

Mpt1ZoL.png

kJnIBaH.png

lb8p4Zv.png

And that's all for this first round, thanks to GAF limit of pictures per post.
With titles such as The Order: 1886, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub, Shadow of the Colossus, Days Gone, Gran Turismo Sport, Ghost of Tsushima or The Last of Us: Part II left, and a potential of 1000+ pictures per title, do we have to continue or.. ''zu you surrenda?''

CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 core GPU: 4,20 TFLOPS AMD Radeon™ 8 GB GDDR5, playable software at locked 30fps.

What a stupid thread.

Anyway he is right:

So let's see the change in narratives now:

Old narrative: PS MUST produce AAA 1st party exclusives as next-gen only.
Result: Not happening for at least 3yrs.
New narrative: If they have decent enough graphics differences from PS4 to PS5 like Spiderman MM, then we are OK with that. ALthough we fail to see these same differences in multiplat games from console to high end PC graphics features..

Old narrative: PS will have native 4k/60FPS games.
Result: PS5 will have "dynamic res" 4k/60FPS and native 4k/30FPS
New narrative: We can deal with that as long as the game continues to look like past gen PS4 exclusives.

Old narrative: PS will have full RT features in games.
Result: Only RT reflections are available right now.
New narrative: RT is too expensive anyway. We'll be happy with the RT reflection games though.

Face it, you guys will accept anything Sony withdraws from the old narrative.

What is this?
What you are experiencing, is a really horny doe that got a wiff of VFXVeteran VFXVeteran 's pheromones and is making a power play amongst all the other horny does that constantly bleat and vie for his junk.

It always amazes me how they all act like they can't help themselves and must root out all disinformation, aka opinions they don't like to hear, and then laser in on someone to seek and destroy. Especially if that person has the slightest amount of credibility or expertise. It's like their lives are just worse if they don't hunt down and burn the "witches" so to speak. They are incapable of just ignoring them.

JordanN

Banned
But Spider-Man is a crossgen game?
You would think the better next gen showcase is an exclusive that was built from the ground up.

Not that it's particularly ugly, but you can still tell it's a PS4 game on steroids.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Money is more important bro
Yet every console launch in the past still had an exclusive that blew everything away.

PS4/XBO had Ryse and Killzone Shadowfall.
On the Xbox 360 there was Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero.

It's a poor excuse. Sony made billions from this generation alone. Asking for a new game isn't asking much.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
A very promising candidate for the most stupid thread of the day, perhaps even week.
There’s been a lot of bad ones this week and it’s only half over.....

Its in strong contention for the top 5 though, unless the second half of the week really surprises us.

Vick

One thing is clear, he has much more knowledge on computer graphics than most of the people here who usually cannot differentiate between good art and good techniques (see OP as an example)
You want to discuss tech? Are you sure, because this is tech found in PS3 games from 2011:

adam-littledale-forest.jpg

hold-fight-start.png

underwater.png

stariwell-door-spray-start.png

stairwell-door-spray.png

stairwell-burst-1.png

hallway-vent.png

cabin-climb-end.png

tate-mosesian-uncharted3-chapter18-the-rub-al-khali-01.jpg

tate-mosesian-uncharted3-chapter18-the-rub-al-khali-06.jpg

tate-mosesian-uncharted3-chapter18-the-rub-al-khali-04.jpg

tate-mosesian-uncharted3-chapter18-the-rub-al-khali-02.jpg

tate-mosesian-uncharted3-chapter19-the-settlement-01.jpg

Extensive use of global illumination, HDR, volumetric lighting, an ambient occlusion with less artifacts than SSAO on some current gen games, water more dynamic than most games in this generation with actual reflections with no visible artifacts (unlike most games on PS4, exclusives included), clothing simulations, the very highest resolution textures on the system, extensive use of an insanely high quality POM, high quality DOF, lots of samples for it’s per object and camera motion blur, the best sand simulation on any game on any platform to this day (with grains of sand falling into Drake’s footsteps!), the most mindblowing levels probably ever experienced in a game like the burning chateau, sinking ship and falling plane.

I'm not, but if i was, i'd probably choose a guy with a taste in gif comparable to yours.

But Spider-Man is a crossgen game?
You would think the better showcase is an exclusive that was built from the ground up.
It's all PS4.

Raonak

Banned
Yet every console launch in the past still had an exclusive that blew everything away.

PS4/XBO had Ryse and Killzone Shadowfall.
On the Xbox 360 there was Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero.

It's a poor excuse. Sony made billions from this generation alone. Asking for a new game isn't asking much.
Everybody knows that Demon's Souls is the real graphical bombshell for the PS5.

onesvenus

You want to discuss tech? Are you sure, because this is tech found in PS3 games from 2011
No, I don't want to discuss tech with someone who, as your two post in this thread show, is obviously a Sony fanboy and not able to cope with criticism of the games on his favorite platform.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
You showed some nice screenshots that prove nothing compared to what VFX said about sony fanboys. What a useless effort. And this is coming from another Sony fanboy. VFX made a really good point but you're all just blind not to mention the fact that if Sony forced you to pay 100 euros for all games you'd find any reason to say its fine. It's not. Nothing Sony has done so far is fine. Dynamic resolution, scummy price increase especially in Europe, half-assed BC, etc. Yes, it's too early and I'm sure they're going to change/improve but so far it's meh. Not that xbox is doing any better. If this was 2010 they would've been eaten alive.

Vick

You showed some nice screenshots that prove nothing compared to what VFX said about sony fanboys. What a useless effort. And this is coming from another Sony fanboy. VFX made a really good point but you're all just blind not to mention the fact that if Sony forced you to pay 100 euros for all games you'd find any reason to say its fine. It's not. Nothing Sony has done so far is fine. Dynamic resolution, scummy price increase especially in Europe, half-assed BC, etc. Yes, it's too early and I'm sure they're going to change/improve but so far it's meh. Not that xbox is doing any better. If this was 2010 they would've been eaten alive.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

This is not made for what he said about fanboys at all. This Thread was made for what he incorrectly stated time and time again towards sofware which, more often than not, genuinely impress tech-savvy guys, from the industry or not.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
giphy-downsized-large.gif

This is not made for what he said about fanboys at all. This Thread was made for what he incorrectly stated time and time again towards sofware which, more often than not, genuinely impress tech-savvy guys, from the industry or not.

Compared to what? If you're going to say PC well oh boy.

Spaceman292

Banned
What you are experiencing, is a really horny doe that got a wiff of VFXVeteran VFXVeteran 's pheromones and is making a power play amongst all the other horny does that constantly bleat and vie for his junk.

It always amazes me how they all act like they can't help themselves and must root out all disinformation, aka opinions they don't like to hear, and then laser in on someone to seek and destroy. Especially if that person has the slightest amount of credibility or expertise. It's like their lives are just worse if they don't hunt down and burn the "witches" so to speak. They are incapable of just ignoring them.
Is it just me or did this post make absolutely zero sense?

You cannot separate good art from good graphics.

If something looks good, it looks good. Irrespective of art or techniques or whatever.
What? You contradict yourself in the same sentence.

You can have great art direction and shitty understanding of tech and your art will still come out bland. Or vice versa.

Good art and tech:

ba39a41d-0f58-48aa-8b6b-e897b09d24e6.png

or Witcher 2
maxresdefault.jpg

Bad art and good tech:

battlefield-4-1280x720-1.jpg

or any Call of Duty sans a few of the more crazy ones. Not the best art direction, a bit boring to look at, but the tech is solid behind it. Not to say bad art direction makes a bad game, some of the most popular games have boring ass shit art.

Vick

That's the spirit!

You cannot separate good art from good graphics.

If something looks good, it looks good. Irrespective of art or techniques or whatever.
VFXVeteran sort of agrees with this, he always says Sony FP games are liked because of art instead of tech. Which is however not entirely true.

Is it just me or did this post make absolutely zero sense?
You just have to check the post history of 90% of the users who posted in this Thread at the moment, will provide a very good understanding.

Compared to what? If you're going to say PC well oh boy.
We will get there.. you're in for some surprises.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah but where is he? I posted because i saw him online..
Never wanted the Thread to first trigger every single Sony hater on the Forum.. :messenger_pensive:

I don’t see anyone in here hating Sony.

I do see you calling out someone (even if you thought it was lighthearted) that has been piled on over and over again by Sonygaf. (Some of it he earned, some was undeserved) thinking it was a good idea.

It was a poorly thought out thread and the community reaction reflects that.

Brofist

Ooh this gonna be a good one. Usually in a complete thread backfire OP will back out slowly, but this one is going the distance

55b0243973725331403cb123fd9d0887.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom