• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth has shipped 5 million units

Ramma2

The last game I'm wishing would get a remaster and come to the PS4. Even if it was out on the streaming service, I'd be good with that too.

Stiler

It really sucks that they took Obsidian off this series. The first game was great and I feel like making it "in-house" is just going to lead to Ubisoft not making a fun rpg but instead going down their tried and true "ubisoft" style game, focusing more on collecting crap and less on the actual rpg-gameplay and the story/humor of things.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'd felt a lot better if I knew Obisidian was making the sequel.

Also sucks that Obsidian always gets the shaft, they make great games for companies like this, Fallout: NV, and then they get screwed or don't get the sequel work on them. Even Bioware seem to have stopped using them.

It really sucks that they took Obsidian off this series. The first game was great and I feel like making it "in-house" is just going to lead to Ubisoft not making a fun rpg but instead going down their tried and true "ubisoft" style game, focusing more on collecting crap and less on the actual rpg-gameplay and the story/humor of things.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'd felt a lot better if I knew Obisidian was making the sequel.

Also sucks that Obsidian always gets the shaft, they make great games for companies like this, Fallout: NV, and then they get screwed or don't get the sequel work on them. Even Bioware seem to have stopped using them.

I'm still not sure why people are down about Obsidian not working on the game. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but people like them mostly because of their writing/stories, right? I doubt they had all that much to do with that in Stick of Truth and Matt and Trey did most of the writing. Now if Matt and Trey weren't involved, then I'd be worried.

Ridley327

Truth be told, Stick of Truth is really, really, really, really barebones compared to Obsidian's other RPGs. There's only one real branching decision in the game, which turns out to not matter at all about an hour after you make it, and most of the game is collecting a whole lot of crap (quite literally, in one quest) and having pretty basic RPG elements in place with regards to builds and equipment. The writing is really what takes it to the next level, along with using a tried-and-true battle system template that paired exceptionally well with the IP.

spekkeh

Banned
Not sure what this means. Wasn't it free with Xbox Gold and like $1 in multiple humble bundles? I hope it did well, but nowadays such numbers are easily inflated.

Lylo

The funniest game i've played, i'm a huge fan of the show, but i'm not a big fan of turn-based RPGs, so i enjoyed the "light" aspect of the gameplay. I had some really good laughs with the game, well deserved success.

Top Bottom