• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix has revealed their TGS 2022 lineup + schedule (Final Fantasy Rebirth, Forspoken + More)

Draugoth

Gold Member
FbjcYVNXkAALrlN

FbjcZAKXgAIfRO2

FbjcfL2XwAAe-eB

//DEVIL//

In for new FF16, Reunion and Rebirth trailers. Can't wait.

Also, FU square-Enix for not releasing Rebirth day one with the PS5 version. Not gonna buy these games on ps5.

My whole collection is on pc and it will stay this way. I'll wait..no 70$ from me day one. Suck it -_-

Last edited:

fermcr

Final Fantasy 15 was crap... Final Fantasy 7 Remake was okish... don't put much faith in next Final Fantasy overhyped games.
Forspoken looks like a game to get on sale.

Last edited:

Metnut

Square Enix is absolutely killing it lately and then are bringing a lot of heat over the next year too. Very happy Switch and PS5 owner here. Square’s games are usually in good shape at launch and I like playing them close to release date.

Last edited:
All that cover art looks like it was produced by the same person, Then there's Powerwash that washed all that other art away and did it's own thing.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Sweet, Crisis Core release date coming in hot. I’m excited for that, as the original is the only Final Fantasy I have never played.

FF7 Rebirth, FF7 Renuion, Harverstella, FF16 - Fuck yes!

Although...where is Kingdom Hearts 4? A bit early for that perhaps? I am sure it will prolly have a big splash next year.

Last edited:
I remember there was a time when Square Enix was trying to chase the western aesthetic, gameplay and monetization/multiplayer trends... so relieved in recent years they realized what people like them for--single player JRPGs in the classic style--and double down back on it. What a line up.

Could use Nier 3 though...

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Square Enix is definitely cranking out some good shit as of late. Even the cover illustration of their games revokes that classic Squaresoft + Yoshitaka Amano vibe of the golden 90s. Maybe it's him that still draws them?

Astral Dog

Final Fantasy 15 was crap... Final Fantasy 7 Remake was oksih... don't put much faith in next Final Fantasy overhyped games.
Forspoken looks like a game to get on sale.
FF XVI has Ryota Suzuki and Naoki Yoshida at the helm you cant compare it yet to those previous titles, but i will say Square got themselves one of the finest designers in action gaming to work on this title, you know how fans kind of like FFVII and Kingdom Hearts combat? well FFXVI is gonna make those look like a stinkin pile of shit in comparison

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Square just has no quality control. They will literally push any bad game out the door and promote it with a straight face. The Quiet Man, Left Alive, Avengers, etc.

Don't forget Square also rereleased a PS1 game that dips to 10 fps at times on PS5.

But yes, I'm buying Tactics Ogre and Valkyrie Elysium day one, maybe Star Ocean.

Square just has no quality control. They will literally push any bad game out the door and promote it with a straight face. The Quiet Man, Left Alive, Avengers, etc.

Don't forget Square also rereleased a PS1 game that dips to 10 fps at times on PS5.

But yes, I'm buying Tactics Ogre and Valkyrie Elysium day one, maybe Star Ocean.
To be fair, Quiet Man did have a commercial where it was making fun of itself by quoting its horrible online reviews.

Nankatsu

Oh man, Quiet man, I played that shit.

vietnam GIF

CosmicComet

So has Kingdom Hearts 4. Both games are still years away so no need to talk about them again just yet.
And...?
KH4 was announced a few months back.

DQ12 was announced OVER a year ago. May of last year.

Zero updates since then. Not even a CG trailer. They are far overdue for an update.

Woopah

And...?

Zero updates since then. Not even a CG trailer. They are far overdue for an update.
This is pretty standard fare with these sorts of announcements though right? Elder Scrolls 6, SMT V, FF VII remake, Bayonetta 3, Avowed, TLoU 2. Lots of games get announced early in development, and then we have to wait a while for news

And...?

Not really. They announced it is being made, so it will release eventually. They were at least up front that it would be a good while until it came out. Unlike, say, Microsoft/Xbox with their numerous ”announcements” of CGI bullshit that they keep teasing and slowly downgrading as they show more and more stuff. Sony does this as well, but not nearly as egregiously.

sigmaZ

Gold Member
Mostly mediocre and potentially bland content IMO. But I'll be willing to try most of the non-cellphone stuff out. I like the concept behind the magic system in Forspoken, but it looks somewhat unpolished and it's been delayed, so I'm nervous.

Top Bottom