• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix website offering Omikron: The Nomad Soul for free (PC/Steam key)

Kalor

I got a code though the site was struggling. I know barely anything about the story or setting of this so it should be interesting.

Slowdive

Banned
So, started it up, and there's one interesting thing I've just noticed, and I don't know if it's a trademark thing or what's going on, but see the following:

Now..far as I recall, the bottom-right should say Omikron: The nomad soul, not just the sub-title, and the menu logo is also a very poor edit that has the Omikron bit removed for some weird reason. Any ideas?

It's just called The Nomad Soul in Europe.

Ath

Love The Nomad Soul. I think it was the first game with an open world that I ever played. I've still got my CDs:
WkZ1QOX.jpg
Definitely recommend it. It's clumsy as hell, but super ambitious and loads of fun.

rav

NA says sold out, and has a waitlist. I signed up.
I have never played this, and will definitely check it out (even if I don't get a key for free)

GUN-NAC

So, started it up, and there's one interesting thing I've just noticed, and I don't know if it's a trademark thing or what's going on, but see the following:

Now..far as I recall, the bottom-right should say Omikron: The nomad soul, not just the sub-title, and the menu logo is also a very poor edit that has the Omikron bit removed for some weird reason. Any ideas?

It was just called "The Nomad Soul" in Europe. The PC DL files are probably the same regardless of region.

The Orz

This is an incredibly nice gesture that will hopefully bring more attention to a highly underrated game (played the Dreamcast port). Reading the David Cage tribute, I find myself liking the game even more now.

Lutherian

Thanks, OP ! Loved it on Dreamcast and PC (my DC is dead and the original version of The Nomad Soul run like shit on modern PC, but Steam and GoG versions are ok :)).

Lutherian

No French allowed :

Our products and services displayed on the Store are not available for purchase by individuals outside of the Serviced Countries. Our system indicates that you are outside of the Serviced Countries for this Site.

Regginator

never heard of this game. according to the steam tags it´s a cyberpunk rpg with deus ex being one of the "similar games"? count me in.

but i can't process my order, it gives me an error (5001). how long is this offer available?

Weird thing where the order finally went through, but the link in the confirmation email tells me that the order isn't validated. Probably just need to wait it out, but wondering what everyone else's status is after they refreshed the key supply.

Dambrosi

Banned
I just checked, and I already have Omikron on Steam, but thanks and kudos to Square Enix for doing this. What a tribute to a genuine hero of modern music.

never heard of this game. according to the steam tags it´s a cyberpunk rpg with deus ex being one of the "similar games"? count me in.

but i can't process my order, it gives me an error (5001). how long is this offer available?

According to the Coupon message, it will be available for free until the 22nd of January, so 1 week offer it seems.

Assanova

I actually bought this game last year, but quickly stopped playing it when I realized that the number of saves were limited.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Order processes for about 10 minutes then errors out. Will probably have to wait until later to redeem. At least it has a fairly large window of opportunity.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I kept getting the Internal Server Error and now the coupon code is showing as no longer valid.

Looks like they got hugged to death. Prolly just wait a bit I guess.

EDIT: Oop scratch that, the order went through, just the confirmation page timed out on loading. Viewed "My Account" and there it is. Thanks!

Breakbeat

Banned
Man, how did the same David Cage who made Beyond make this game? Did he contract Tommy Wiseau Disease later in life?

Regardless, glad I'm finally getting the chance to try this out at length. I've heard that Bowie had a fair deal of influence over the game's world, too. Ever since finding his contribution to the bizarre proto-Second Life MMO chat game "Worlds", I've been fascinated by his contributions to gaming.

KyleCross

So is this actually a good Quantic Dream game? I hated Indigo, Heavy and Beyond. Would I enjoy this one? I know it isn't a QTE game but what about its writing and design, is it good?

So is this actually a good Quantic Dream game? I hated Indigo, Heavy and Beyond. Would I enjoy this one? I know it isn't a QTE game but what about its writing and design, is it good?
I played it sixteen years ago. I remember the world was fleshed out. The VA was acceptable. But I can't remember fine details about the story. I remember loving the music... and interrupting a robbery?

Like I said, it's been a while.

It wanted to be a fighting game, RPG, and FPS. And did none that well.

Thought the keys would be taken up by now (NA), but still was able to get the offer at the end of the day with no issues. My wife is a Bowie fan, mostly due to Labyrinth, so hopefully she gets some enjoyment out of it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Just got this. Pretty awesome... I was considering buying it in tribute.

Top Bottom