• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but on Thursday, as well as having the live stream, they're going to have sale too, right. ?

tuxfool

Banned
cKglQgg.gif

neat.

There seems to be kind of a meta "base-building" game that bolsters the MP game. I think the star ports/stations you can build help you respawn/spawn more ships, upgrade ships, etc.

And that's fair. I like that it is doing things that neither Elite nor Star Citizen is capable of doing. One of the things I love most in Elite is Wing combat with friends, so I:B should help scratch that itch but on a massive scale. I:B's battles, in theory, will look like the battles that Elite keeps showing off in trailers (that never happen in-game :p).

If it can succeed where Evochron Mercenary tried to do, we got a winner.

Shy

I forgot to ask earlier. For tomorrow's live stream, will we be using the twitch chat channel that we made for citizen con. ?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just 13 hours to go until the livestream!

Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but on Thursday, as well as having the live stream, they're going to have sale too, right. ?

I think so. Gonna last a week, I believe, at least for the one new ship?

Zalusithix

My body is ready, but my heart (and wallet) is not!

Yeah, the Armada pack change was a bit too recent for this sale to be wallet friendly. However, that's what CCUs are for my friend! Specifically CCUs from the most expensive common ship under the target ship to the target ship. Takes advantage of the limited time sales with only a comparatively minor outlay of cash.

Also banking on unmelting some of my previous LTI ships in the future to serve as source hulls for the CCUs.

Rephin

Yeah, the Armada pack change was a bit too recent for this sale to be wallet friendly. However, that's what CCUs are for my friend! Specifically CCUs from the most expensive common ship under the target ship to the target ship. Takes advantage of the limited time sales with only a comparatively minor outlay of cash.

Also banking on unmelting some of my previous LTI ships in the future to serve as source hulls for the CCUs.

Yeah, I'm hoping to maybe get my Hull C back, or an Orion, or maybe that new Anvil ship in exchange for my spare Sabre (and maybe CCU my Gladius for something as well). I'd also like to upgrade my Vanguard Warden to a Vanguard Sentinel for some variety in my shootbang ships.

Yeah, my wallet really isn't ready for this. And if Alpha 2.0 is coming to PTU, it'll be like an early Christmas for me, lol.

When they reveal in-game footage later this evening (I imagine they will now), I will make a new thread about the reveal? You guys cool with that?
Holy shit is this real?!
You betchya
Another screen I grabbed from the Gamestar interview
vlcsnap-2015-11-19-17jojte.png

Full PCGamer cover:
ccb578465ed28d7cca38fbjkb2.jpg

Close up in game (you can even see aliasing)
CULuWjIW4AAriLu.jpg:large

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Shy

Don't forget we have our own channel on the twitch chat that we can hang in and talk to each other. I'm in it right now

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Invited, presuming tuxfool

edit: we are talking about cit_con2015?

You in the channel? Citcon2015_gaf

I have an account called Danthrax4 but I don't know how to get into the channel or really do anything with this damn site

I feel like a crotchety old man

Shy

Just a small reminder everybody, if you were in the channel before, you don't need an invite, you can already select it from the channel list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom