• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a stream of another player who doesn't seem to be crashing as much: http://www.twitch.tv/kingkongor

*Edit* lol, as soon as I post this he got disconnected from the server when he started quantum travel. He managed to check out two locations which was pretty neat.

*Edit2* Stream over. He was borrowing a friend's account who has it, and the friend wants to play now.

inky

The downside of that stream is that you'd have to listen to kongor speak ;P
well known Diablo 3 streamer, always has been awful imo.

Nah he is crashing. The problem seems to go: Load into Olisar->Disconnect->Load into Hangar->CTD.

He successfully quantum traveled to a refueling station (a welcome from the refueling station came on over the radio too which was a nice touch) and also some sort of Saturn-esque planet with a rocky ring.

Looked pretty damn cool. He wasn't doing a mission though, just exploring.

When he tried to quantum jump to a third location is when he crashed.

inky

I'm madly in love with the ship designs in this game. How are they so good when they suck so much in basically every other game?

Zabojnik

I'm madly in love with the ship designs in this game. How are they so good when they suck so much in basically every other game?

I remember when there was quite a bit of skepticism regarding CIG's ship art & style direction, with people saying that the competition's ships had a much more defined look. They've come a long way since then in terms of nailing down each manufacturer's look & feel and the designs have been just brilliant in general. Things need time to develop, who knew.

Zalusithix

That's a neat way of getting people to work for free. Bugreporting Guarantees Citizenship !
People would be doing that anyhow. Technically we're actually paying to do it no less. This is more likely in place to keep the server population low while the major kinks are being worked out, with the side benefit of having that low population being the "best" at diagnosing and reporting those problems.

Geist-

There must have been a really limited number of people doing anything with the Issue Council. I just had 7 contributions and 0 reports(mainly saying I recreated the problem) and I got an invite.

Tried playing it last night, they have voice acting on some of the missions. The rescue missions get creepy as fuck sometimes too, I love it.

There must have been a really limited number of people doing anything with the Issue Council. I just had 7 contributions and 0 reports(mainly saying I recreated the problem) and I got an invite.

Tried playing it last night, they have voice acting on some of the missions. The rescue missions get creepy as fuck sometimes too, I love it.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Awesome :D

Zalusithix

Might be based on past PTU play records as well. Wouldn't make much sense on sending an invite to somebody that normally ignores the PTU.

KKRT00

So, where are screens?!

Geist-

So, where are screens?!

I'll take some when I get home from work today. I didn't really do much because of the crashing issues, but I'll have enough time today to see if I can push past the bugs to take some really awesome screens.

Might be based on past PTU play records as well. Wouldn't make much sense on sending an invite to somebody that normally ignores the PTU.
That might be it, I've participated in every PTU since they came up with the term PTU.

How badly did they fuck up the Avenger stuff. Looks like the hard points to S3 on the Titan were actually a typo, the pricing was wrong, we don't know if it is module or a proper ship, and the pricing changed without any comment. Amazing.

How badly did they fuck up the Avenger stuff. Looks like the hard points to S3 on the Titan were actually a typo, the pricing was wrong, we don't know if it is module or a proper ship, and the pricing changed without any comment. Amazing.

Pretty sure it will all sort out in due time. Like any minor drama around a ship sale...

Zeknurn

I was watching a twitch stream where the guy said he had submitted just one report and he got access.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
CIG is about $70,000 away from hitting $95 million. They've raised an average of $11,700 per hour over the last seven hours, so I'm going to guess that they'll hit their next milestone by 6 p.m. EST today.

Zalusithix

CIG is about $70,000 away from hitting $95 million. They've raised an average of $11,700 per hour over the last seven hours, so I'm going to guess that they'll hit their next milestone by 6 p.m. EST today.

IMO the next milestone is 100 million. At the funding level we're at now, single million increments don't seem like much worth noting. The only question is whether we'll hit that mark before the new year ends or shortly thereafter. Lots of ships to go this week, and the last couple days with everything on sale could spur a last minute rush. I certainly anticipate a lull for the beginning of 2016 at any rate.

KKRT00

I've just watched gamersyde Old Man teaser.

HOLY FUCK, the detail on the character, not only on face is out of this world. Its better quality than Infiltrator, hands down.

What also surprised me, how freaking good animations on the whole crew. Their rig is outstanding, every motion very fluid.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Never mind, it somehow jumped $50,000 in the last 50 minutes and they're now $20,000 away from $95 million. They'll probably get it by 1 p.m. :lol

IMO the next milestone is 100 million. At the funding level we're at now, single million increments don't seem like much worth noting. The only question is whether we'll hit that mark before the new year ends or shortly thereafter. Lots of ships to go this week, and the last couple days with everything on sale could spur a last minute rush. I certainly anticipate a lull for the beginning of 2016 at any rate.

I didn't mean milestone as in "senpai will notice us and give us more freebies!" I meant it simply as the next million dollars — sure, it's not as important as it used to be, but I think it's still worth noting. Especially since funding had slowed down quite a bit in the middle of this year (they only raised about $6 million in June through September).

[edit] And as of this edit, they're at $95,010,396. There it is.

Zalusithix

The Phoenix sale should be a big boost. I wonder if they'll make them limited this time around.

They shouldn't be selling them at all since they hit their cap before! They're devaluing them by selling them again! I'm special and only I should have one! /s

Realistically speaking, I'm not sure. It was supposed to be a "rare" ship, so I'm not sure how many more they can sell for it to hit the same target percentage of the population as it was back when it first went on sale. If it's not that many, then perhaps they'll limit it quantity wise again. For that to be worth a damn though, they'd have to track hull and upgrade sales - or just eliminate it as a CCU target all together. On the other hand, if most have been melted over the past year, then they can probably just make it generally available for those 3 days and call it good enough.

Edit: On that note, the 890 should have popped up in this sale. It's the only ship short of the Javelin that hasn't come back lately.

Crap....got so excited I liquidated my 315p for store credit.

Not going to miss it...

You're looking at the proud new owner of a Freelancer MAX ladies and gents. My dream ship.

So yeah...that's another $80 donation. Well worth it.

:)))))) I returned Battlefront..got my MAX.

viveks86

I've just watched gamersyde Old Man teaser.

HOLY FUCK, the detail on the character, not only on face is out of this world. Its better quality than Infiltrator, hands down.

What also surprised me, how freaking good animations on the whole crew. Their rig is outstanding, every motion very fluid.

Yeah the crew animations really stood out. Especially after getting used to all the jankiness in the gameplay demoes. I wonder when all that is getting into publicly playable builds

Shy

Not going to miss it...

You're looking at the proud new owner of a Freelancer MAX ladies and gents. My dream ship.

798SN7K.gif

Zalusithix

Not going to miss it...

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to pick up a limited ship during the sale period ( Freelancer MIS), not one you can pick up at any time. ;P Also, your 315p was a package. You replaced it with another package right? (The simpler procedure would have just been a CCU upgrade from the 315 to the Max. No melting required.)

Also, while a bit more costly:
  • Melt package
  • Buy $30 package when they show up
  • Buy P72
  • Buy CCU from P72 to Freelancer
  • Apply CCU to the Freelancer.
  • You now have a cheap Aurora and an LTI Freelancer.

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to pick up a limited ship during the sale period ( Freelancer MIS), not one you can pick up at any time. ;P Also, your 315p was a package. You replaced it with another package right? (The simpler procedure would have just been a CCU upgrade from the 315 to the Max. No melting required.)

Also, while a bit more costly:
  • Melt package
  • Buy $30 package when they show up
  • Buy P72
  • Buy CCU from P72 to Freelancer
  • Apply CCU to the Freelancer.
  • You now have a cheap Aurora and an LTI Freelancer.

OR...

Liquidate and buy Freelancer MAX package. :)

I can't wait to get off work.

Zalusithix

OR...

Liquidate and buy Freelancer MAX package. :)

I can't wait to get off work.

Well, yes, you can, but melting one non-LTI package for another non-LTI package of higher value is kind of the long way of doing it. CCU accomplishes the same thing and is more streamlined. I mean, I guess you get a couple bucks more UEC and a couple more months insurance in the melt -> buy method, but you're also paying $5 more doing it that way as well.

Shy

I'll probably won't be able to get a Carrack. Sad face. :(
They shouldn't be selling them at all since they hit their cap before! They're devaluing them by selling them again! I'm special and only I should have one! /s
Sorry if i sound paranoid, but you're not making funny of me for what i said during the chat, are you. ?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Sorry if i sound paranoid, but you're not making funny of me for what i said during the chat, are you. ?

I'm guessing not. Both of us have one and it's kind of a running joke that Phoenix owners in general get protective about their exclusive status.

Shy

I'm guessing not. Both of us have one and it's kind of a running joke that Phoenix owners in general get protective about their exclusive status.
Ohh. Sorry i just realised you weren't in the chat during the stream.

I'm very sorry. hope i didn't cause any offence.

Ohh. Sorry i just realised you weren't in the chat during the stream.

I'm very sorry. hope i didn't cause any offence.

YOU KNOW WHAT, NOW I'M OFFENDED

Hearing a lot of good things regarding the flight model so far. Can wait for the public release (F off data caps).

Rephin

I just noticed something weird. Anyone have any idea why the Redeemer is in the sale for the Piracy theme tomorrow? It's already regularly available in the store and isn't limited in any way at all. If it's for 3 year insurance they kind of borked that with the P-72 being available every day of the anniversary sales for LTI CCU-ing needs.

Raticus79

we missed you 0_0

Oh hey, I just got a PTU invitation. I guess they did another wave within the last half hour (5000 in this round apparently). You should probably have it now considering your submission was the only one I had participated in. Maybe check the account page since a few people had it activated without getting the email.

The PTU account copy hasn't worked for me yet though - it might be bogged down. Edit: there we go, took about 15 minutes.

I just noticed something weird. Anyone have any idea why the Redeemer is in the sale for the Piracy theme tomorrow? It's already regularly available in the store and isn't limited in any way at all. If it's for 3 year insurance they kind of borked that with the P-72 being available every day of the anniversary sales for LTI CCU-ing needs.

Maybe it'll be part of a "Piracy pack" with a small discount like the explorer one.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/To-The-Stars-Explorer-Pack

Rephin

Oh wow, I got a PTU invite as well. I've only submitted one bug report, ever.

Edit: Yeah, still waiting for my PTU account to get copied. Must be killing the servers right now.

Oh hey, I just got a PTU invitation. I guess they did another wave within the last half hour (edit: 5000 in this round apparently). You should probably have it now considering your submission was the only one I had participated in. Maybe check the account page since a few people had it activated without getting the email.

The PTU account copy hasn't worked for me yet though - it might be bogged down.

Oh wow, I got a PTU invite as well. I've only submitted one bug report, ever.

0o0! Going to check now!

edit:
hqdefault.jpg
nothin'

Raticus79

Bah, too bad. They're probably just doing some random selection now or something.

By the way, did you mention a console command for increasing the texture VRAM cache allowed? I thought I saw something but couldn't find it in the old posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom