• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

epmode

Early rollout in the second week, everyone else in the third. I expect the full persistent universe to be slightly delayed as well. Mid-2020 or so.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm guessing next week is only considered as the first week of May ?

Oh, probably. CIG loves its technicalities. "Hey, technically, the first full week of May starts on May 5, and that's what we meant. ... Oh, did you think you were getting AC at the beginning of the second week? Heavens no. You'll get it 11:55 p.m. May 18 Hawaii Time."

FINALLY UNBANNED

What did I miss this last month guys? :x

Luckily, all of this thread's posts have been archived in this thread. =P

[edit] Looks like they just posted the monthly report for April: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13848-Monthly-Report-April-2014

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
And it casually slips out that [Redacted] is, in fact, Illfonic.

I just came across that part, haha:

Eric Peterson said:
Audio:

In April, the entire audio department has been focusing on the needs of the Dogfight Module, beginning with the PAX East reveal and continuing on to the first release. Martin Galway has been hard at work wrangling the many facets of audio production – here is a look at what is going on with his team.

Pedro has been delivering interactive music clips that have been implemented so far by Jens Lind. Mason Fisher has been generating WAVs for Illfonic’s EVA work; Bill Munyon has spent most of his time on spacecraft sound design & implementation; Jason Cobb has concentrated on fixing existing audio, creating new implementation hooks and playtesting; Stefan was hired in mid-April and is still ramping up, starting with dialogue work for the Dogfighting module. Ian Chuprun has been working on environmental audio for the two multiplayer maps (in addition to asteroid hangar and general hangar upkeep).

So the doubters can doubt no more.

MrBig

Yeah, I don't wanna settle on just one, I want pretty much all of them in the game. :(

This whole reality show format has been rather restricting and inappropriate for many things. Winners should be anyone who makes something appropriate for the game, and perhaps be payed on royalties. Even if they only received a 25% royalty they'd all probably get at least the top prize of $30k fairly quickly.

Zabojnik

This whole reality show format has been rather restricting and inappropriate for many things. Winners should be anyone who makes something appropriate for the game, and perhaps be payed on royalties. Even if they only received a 25% royalty they'd all probably get at least the top prize of $30k fairly quickly.

I think that may in fact be what will happen for some of the non-winners in time. I don't mind the "reality" aspect of it, tbh. It's not like they can realistically add more than one or two player ships in the game with everything they have going on on that front already. There has to be some sort of elimination process and I think they've done a very good job at it so far. It looks like it'll come down to the judges' and fan's personal / subjective preferences, which I guess is as much as you can hope for. It means that pretty much all the teams have done an outstanding job. And, well, there's always TNGS Season 2 ... :)

phoenixyz

Is there a reason for quoting a very long post that hardly loads on mobile?

bitcoin-gone.jpg

Daedardus

Just tons of hangar screenshots from Mylene on page 3, but seeing as those are quite old, not snipping the pictures was quite annoying on a 3G connection :p

got an error while finishing the patch, now have to repair the damn thing. Anyways, does anybody know of a multiplayer game that lets you walk around moving vehicles without locking you into the seat? I was thinking about this for SC and how stable its going to be. Only game I can think of is Joint Operations which was very glitchy in the larger vehicles. Curious to see how CIG are going to pull this off

got an error while finishing the patch, now have to repair the damn thing. Anyways, does anybody know of a multiplayer game that lets you walk around moving vehicles without locking you into the seat? I was thinking about this for SC and how stable its going to be. Only game I can think of is Joint Operations which was very glitchy in the larger vehicles. Curious to see how CIG are going to pull this off

Off the top of my head there's Space Engineers, which I've never played but from videos I've seen I'm pretty sure you can be in a moving ship while walking around in it.

With the speeds I get from the launcher I should be able to play the DFM sometime in August, assuming it's out in the next week or two.

epmode

Didn't they do this in the Star Wars Galaxies - Jump to Lightspeed expansion? I didn't play it, only read about it.

Looks like they put out an update for multi-org memberships today, and added the towels to the hangar

Woohoo!

I resubmitted my application to the Gaf org. My main org is the one with me and my roommates.

Also, better Rift support! Finally! Downloading the patch now so hopefully it's better than what it was before. With true stereoscopic support, I'm hopeful.

Woohoo!

I resubmitted my application to the Gaf org. My main org is the one with me and my roommates.

Also, better Rift support! Finally! Downloading the patch now so hopefully it's better than what it was before. With true stereoscopic support, I'm hopeful.

could you tell me perchance if the true stereoscopy has reflections / object motionblur at all?

Curious if they fixed the reflections problem and wondering if they left the object motion blur in (an unnecessary thing in VR in all likelihood)

Didn't they do this in the Star Wars Galaxies - Jump to Lightspeed expansion? I didn't play it, only read about it.

Off the top of my head there's Space Engineers, which I've never played but from videos I've seen I'm pretty sure you can be in a moving ship while walking around in it.

Never played these games before but would be interested to hear input from people who played them to see how well the mechanics worked, and isn't space engineers a single player game? A SC dev recently answered a forum question about 300i owners being able to get out of the seat and walk around but they said the ship "runs you over" when you walk into walls right now

phoenixyz

Yep. Worked fine. You could even freely place furniture in the bigger ships (like in player houses) and still see the stuff happening outside of the windows.

Keasar

Battlefield 1942 had battleships and carriers you could drive around while people went on about it on them. Not to mention you could pile a team up on the wings of a bomber plane and fly around with them. The same for Battlefield 2142 that had a huge flying Titan in one mode that the teams commander could give orders to move around.

MrBig

Looks like DFM rollout is to be based on the time you registered, though the pace of the rollout hasn't been specifically stated yet. From the previous 10ftc, it seemed like they wanted to get most people if not everyone in within a couple weeks of launch.

I registered back in april 2013, #133022.

Top Bottom