• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

I hope they never include HvV in the playlists again. I don't know how they'd get people playing HvV on new maps, but it's not working in its current form.

Edit: I love HvV, but it is a flow killer.

Jag

I hope they never include HvV in the playlists again. I don't know how they'd get people playing HvV on new maps, but it's not working in its current form.

Edit: I love HvV, but it is a flow killer.

People are bailing on HvV in every game. It's completely broken.

PrankT

Heroes vs. Villains in Outer Rim fails for a few reasons:

-Takes place right after extraction. Most people just want to play the new mode and will drop from HvV to find a new extraction match.
-Since people drop there are too few players to start.
-Players take forever to pick a hero.
-Players drop during the match if the teams aren't even, and they usually aren't.
-HvV lends itself to slower more balanced gameplay, which feels like it takes forever to end.

Man, the difference between playing during the day and in the night is staggering (at least today). Tonight has been nothing but shoddy hit detection (rubberbanding for days), bad luck (AT-AT AI seems to like me, also seeing hero icons and getting shot a second before I get there) and all around less fun than I had during the daytime.

Also, friendly fire.. please.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/16152455#t=17

And that's it for me. Fucking done, 7 deaths in without being able to fucking move. Orbital strike, two X-wing runs (guy kills me, I spawn, kills me again), Luke up my ass. Fuck it, meanwhile at the end of the game, I am counting 6 pulse cannon shots where the enemy freaking flinched and received zero damage.

While we're on the topic of retarded rebel fighters. Anybody care to enlighten me as to why, when I have a fighter, I have to shoot people on the ground for a good while. Meanwhile, I literally get one shotted out of thin air, no rumble, no suppression, nothing; is it possible to headshot people with them? Is that why I dropped dead out of fucking nowhere and with the first blaster he shot at me.

MADGAME

That scatter gun is my favorite weapon star card, and it definitely one-shots droids / turrets. Just fly in and shoot them.

And one-shots shielded enemies too. I can almost hear them saying "WTF?! Oooh, damn scatter gun".

I also use it like a short range sure kill when I'm not sure I'll sure win the exchange with my main weapon. And it seems to kill multiple enemies when grouped.

It's so good, I hope it doesn't get nerfed somehow.
Love the card also. It's powerful up close and shreds droids and shields, but loses the ability to kill at range, is useless against vehicles and has a high cooldown. I think (hope) it's safe from a nerf.

Yeah I don't have that.
Ah, well I highly recommend.

Yup it can one-shot (it's actually two but) them.
Two-shot One-shot™

PrankT

So it's safe to assume that if you want to go through a full rotation without having to play HvV halfway through, you have to start with a match of blast?
The data is incomplete! Looks like results are varied to a certain extent. I'll try to start with Blast next time and see what it transitions into.

When somebody nicks a hero token before your eyes.
giphy.gif

lawnchair

Banned
So it's safe to assume that if you want to go through a full rotation without having to play HvV halfway through, you have to start with a match of blast?

i start with blast and then get two rounds of extraction, then HVV (when i quit). every time.

i really don't like this. kinda taken a break from the game recently tbh. playing mass effect again :D

I always start with cargo and then it goes extraction, hvv, blast

The data is incomplete! Looks like results are varied to a certain extent. I'll try to start with Blast next time and see what it transitions into.

i start with blast and then get two rounds of extraction, then HVV (when i quit). every time.

i really don't like this. kinda taken a break from the game recently tbh. playing mass effect again :D

Just checked and it looks like it's:

Blast-Extraction-HvV-Droid Run-Cargo

So you're best of starting with droid run.

PrankT

Just checked and it looks like it's:

Blast-Extraction-HvV-Droid Run-Cargo

So you're best of starting with droid run.
Based on this input I think they have it set up so that it's like this:

Cargo, Extraction, HvV
Blast, Extraction, HvV
Droid Run, Extraction, HvV

This way you play extraction and HvV more than anything else to emphasize the new mode and heroes. I've never played an entire cycle to find out but it's clear we all play a mode of choice (Droid Run, Cargo, or Blast) that is followed by Extraction and HvV.

Based on this input I think they have it set up so that it's like this:

Cargo, Extraction, HvV
Blast, Extraction, HvV
Droid Run, Extraction, HvV

This way you play extraction and HvV more than anything else to emphasize the new mode and heroes. Or it's completely random. I've never played an entire cycle to find out but it's clear we all play a mode of choice (Droid Run, Cargo, or Blast) that is followed by Extraction and HvV.

I think this could be correct.
Just played Droid Run and after that Extraction.

The question is: will they make changes to HvV in the Outer Rim playlist, or will they remove it completely?

lawnchair

Banned
there's probably some obvious logical reason why they can't do this, but ..

as more and more DLC maps keep coming, why not just break down all DLC maps into their own mode-specific playlists? ie "i want to play all DLC blast maps" playlist?

also i feel like once all the DLC is present there should just be one big incorporated playlist for every mode. ie "i want to play all blast maps, original and DLC".

Digby

Neo Member
How could they let the rebel speeder be so completely unbalanced. I just watched someone go 83 and 2 on a turning point map. if you time speed boost and jamming, you're invincible.

So ill ask the question again - do the devs actually PLAY the goddamn game they made??

5taquitos

How could they let the rebel speeder be so completely unbalanced. I just watched someone go 83 and 2 on a turning point map. if you time speed boost and jamming, you're invincible.

So ill ask the question again - do the devs actually PLAY the goddamn game they made??

A few people using Ion Shot and heavy blasters can put a big dent in them, especially as they line up for a strafing run.

Toa TAK

Banned
also i feel like once all the DLC is present there should just be one big incorporated playlist for every mode. ie "i want to play all blast maps, original and DLC".
I feel like it should've been that way from the get-go. A playlist dedicated to Outer Rim as we currently have it.

Then the DLC maps gets mixed in with the rest of the original game modes. I guess that'll fracture the community, but that never seemed to be an issue in Halo or COD.

A few people using Ion Shot and heavy blasters can put a big dent in them, especially as they line up for a strafing run.

Yeah, but I don't think too many people run Ion Shot.

Personally I love Ion Shot, it's so good for WA. Melts any type of turret or droid. Good against aircraft and ATAT/ATST. It's also great for all the Personal Shield people running around.

5taquitos

Yeah, but I don't think too many people run Ion Shot.

Personally I love Ion Shot, it's so good for WA. Melts any type of turret or droid. Good against aircraft and ATAT/ATST. It's also great for all the Personal Shield people running around.

For sure. I carry Ion Shot on most WA and Supremacy maps simply for melting turrets. Blowing up a turret the second an enemy enters it is one of the most satisfying experiences in the game.

PrankT

In theory the AT-ST is supposed to take them on, but usually the people who get them go after infantry and blow up quickly.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So last night was one of the very rare times I tuned in to the SW Rebels show last night because it was a very important episode.

And after seeing this hilariously stupid shit (spoilers if you care), I'm definitely sure we should never consider the Inquisitors as potential heroes for this game ever again.

Man, the Rebels finale was awesome and it's a good show overall. Better than the prequels anyways (though I don't know how much of an accomplishment one would consider that hah). I'm currently watching The Clone Wars due to Rebels, Battlefront, and how good I thought TFA was. It's great being into Star Wars again after I've felt so much disappointment in it from the Special Editions and Prequels.

On topic though, I've finally unlocked the Dioxis Grenade upgrade to complete the Hutt Contracts. Took me days to get my Dioxis kills for the upgrade. I just spammed Extraction finally, because of the defenders usually crowding around the objective in close quarters, often indoors, made for easier use.

I wish the maps and play-modes were available to all players though. I know I paid for the season pass, but I'd be happy with exclusive weapons and star cards, heroes, skins, emotes, and a bunch of credits. As long as the dlc maps don't have a smaller player base. I don't know if Dice can, are willing to, or even want change it at this point though.

Edit:

Oh! I finally noticed the slain and jailed Gamorrean guards in Jabba's Palace! Fangasm. Thanks for the heads-up, Gaf. Then I saw the empty carbonite... 8o

MADGAME

I'm baffled why the in-game stat screen is not reflective of your actual stats. I leveled up, and after a few games it still doesn't show the correct level in that screen, but does in the app. Was this always broken or newly broken?

PrankT

I'm baffled why the in-game stat screen is not reflective of your actual stats. I leveled up, and after a few games it still doesn't show the correct level in that screen, but does in the app. Was this always broken or newly broken?
Newly broken.

PrankT

An early goal I had was to get 1000 kills with the base blasters, except those that I just don't like such as the DL-44, DLT19, and T-21B. After some delays, and 133 hours, I finally finished that up tonight. Here's where I'm at currently:

DH-17-----1707
DL-18-----17
DL-44,----301
DT-12,----179
SE-14C----2470
A280C-----1039
E-11------2190
EE-3------1006
DLT-19----215
RT-97C----1008
T-21------1038
CA-87-----1002
DLT-19X---0
RELBY-V10-5
T-21B-----88

Palpable

Ya, but you broke 100 kills, haha. You almost got 100 a second time as well.

It was great. The AT-ST was handling in my favor and when I got Nien Nunb, I was absolutely buttfucking them on choke points with the orbital strike and turret. Nien is fantastic for defense.

Xzan

The Trooper Bane change when shooting through shields is a bug? Good to know. Leia's kind of gimped without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom