• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laputa_94

Frustrating, really in any gamemode, where team balancing decides to do 1v5 or something similar. Becomes really noticeable when you're playing something like Droid Run and you can just end the game 30 seconds in because the other team only has one person.

I was apart of a 4v1 heroes vs villains once. It was pretty dumb just rushing the one hero with all the villains and a trooper.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Frustrating, really in any gamemode, where team balancing decides to do 1v5 or something similar. Becomes really noticeable when you're playing something like Droid Run and you can just end the game 30 seconds in because the other team only has one person.
Whats really weird is that if its 4 vs 3 say, often a new player will get added to the team with more players to make it 5 vs 3.

The amount of Shadow Troopers is getting a bit silly (scout for life). But really though, I can't be assed to crank up my brightness for the Tatooine underground because there's four of them literally blending in with the shadows.

Also, this invincible bug is getting out of hand. Just stood behind a guy shooting him for a good 5 seconds (he was looking throug orbital strike binoculars) and it did zero damage.

That feeling when you shoot 4/5 guys in a row and they all shield at a sliver of health, rage inducing.

Toa TAK

Banned
Loving the sniper rifle:

KfrUuhG.gif

But not feeling it with the Disruptor Rifle, though:

iOji7uV.gif

Woorloog

Banned
The Disruptor rifle feels like it is bugged. I've shot full shots and gotten direct hits with no effect, just like in that one gif above.

PrankT

Anyone else cheer for joy when you got the 15th dioxis grenade kill? Boy, what a terrible challenge. It's so easy to run away from and doesn't last very long. I don't really want it to get stronger, but it should detonate immediately.

Anyone else cheer for joy when you got the 15th dioxis grenade kill? Boy, what a terrible challenge. It's so easy to run away from and doesn't last very long. I don't really want it to get stronger, but it should detonate immediately.

It was frickin' rough. I saved that Hutt Contract for last. Enemies can easily run away from it, and because it kills so slowly, it's easy to get your kills stolen by teammates before the gas can finish off the targets.

Lulu23

Yeah, I'm gonna spend the little time I have left with this game before I get bored with it playing after the next patch. Really not fun right now.

(Not a comment on the game's quality beyond the current version, I love it except for the first map-pack, but I also didn't like BF3 Close Quarters back then.)

Some PC games have it and it's dumb. Not only does it fuck over the other people switching but it also results in more players dropping out.

LoveCake

Is there any news on when the updates are coming to fix the issues with credits and more importantly Jabba Missions being fixed so they un-lock when completed (are un-frozen) also the dropping back in rank issues.

I have had a look about on the official forums but the latest from a few days ago is that "they are working on it" why not just work on one thing and release the updates as they go along.

Laputa_94

Its becoming a comical trend of me being a hero on Hoth and players with infinite health kill me before I realize they are invincible.

Its becoming a comical trend of me being a hero on Hoth and players with infinite health kill me before I realize they are invincible.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind%20IV/video/16240597#t=102

I know that feeling. In general, I am getting a bit sick of invincible characters/shots not doing damage.

Does anybody know where the Imperial's hero token spawns on Outpost Beta (WA) on the first uplink?

While we're talking heroes. Jeesh, today it felt like the enemy team went on 10 man hit squads out to get me whenever I became the hero. Of course our team runs at the sight of the first Luke or whatnot.

Laputa_94

Ended up having a great set of matches in Supremacy today. So i made it to level 60 and got the iconic Weequay skin. While I am thinking about it they should make it that you can choose which color your Twi'lek can be, since they can be 11 different colors. I'm lucky since Blue is my favorite color anyways but still.

Man, I'm beyond frustrated with the number of times I get killed standing around like an idiot repeatedly trying to deploy a blaster cannon or pop a orbital strike but the game won't let me for whatever reason.

Oops! There's one pebble there. "CAN'T BE DEPLOYED!"

Quick! Orbital Strike on the Walker! "Hahaha! NO!"

Jeez...

On the bright side, I finally got my Shadow Trooper armor today. Gonna take it for a spin. I couldn't stand getting shot from the darkness and seeing a shadow trooper emerge. Now, it's my turn. >:)

Xzan

Switching teams mid game would be dreadful. Is this really a thing? I don't play many multiplayer games.

Back in the day, when MP servers were primarily run by ISPs and communities, forced team swapping wasn't really necessary. At least in the TF and Tribes communities I played in, one-sided stompings in pub matches was both boring and considered poor form, so people would swap mid-match to even things up. Generally, everyone had more fun through good sportsmanship, and the seriousness was mostly left to clan matches.

Now everything is anonymous randos shoved together via faceless matchmaking on corporate run servers. Everyone's stats are tracked, so playing for fun is somewhat discouraged by things like KDR, accuracy %, etc. depending on how competitive you are by nature and how much you care about such things (of which I'm somewhat guilty).

Scripted swapping during matches would be annoying but I think they should give players the option to manually do so, with some caveats: i.e. only to a team with lesser numbers, maybe calculate a 'skill' score for a team as a whole based on certain stats, which I'm sure they do already to some degree for individuals, and disallow moves away from the team with lesser 'skill' (though that wouldn't discourage players from quitting).

I don't know, maybe I'm just looking back with too much nostalgia to a time when something like Quakeworld TF could have a thriving community that lasted for years in a small city like the one I live in, despite only having a few maps, no progression grind or customisation beyond what skins or sound mods you had installed via .pak files.

BF4's server browser on consoles was a step in the right direction but the matchmaking in Battlefront completely reversed it. I don't know why they couldn't keep the Quick Match option and leave the browser for those after something more specific.

Joco

Is it normal for Hutt contracts to stay in the post game menu even when you've 100% completed them? I've done 3 or 4 of them and it keeps showing them, however any new ones I'm in progress of completing won't show up in the post game menu. Seems like a design oversight.

Is it normal for Hutt contracts to stay in the post game menu even when you've 100% completed them? I've done 3 or 4 of them and it keeps showing them, however any new ones I'm in progress of completing won't show up in the post game menu. Seems like a design oversight.

Yeah, it happened to me too. Should be fixed because it's rather annoying, especially when you are actively working on some and they don't show up post game, but the 100% does.

Anybody else (Xbox One) been noticing more model pop in? I remember my distaste for helmetless troopers as they generally went from bald to having hair, but I have been noticing pieces of armor popping in and out on scout troopers as well now.

Anybody else (Xbox One) been noticing more model pop in? I remember my distaste for helmetless troopers as they generally went from bald to having hair, but I have been noticing pieces of armor popping in and out on scout troopers as well now.

Yup. Since the last patch the game has more popins and framerate problems.

I really hope a patch comes soon to fix most of this stuff. I can't and won't play until the Personal Shield jumppack is fixed and team balancing is fixed.

I really hope a patch comes soon to fix most of this stuff. I can't and won't play until the Personal Shield jumppack is fixed and team balancing is fixed.

That personal shield stuff is already very annoying. It should stay that way. Makes it a bit more balanced.

That personal shield stuff is already very annoying. It should stay that way. Makes it a bit more balanced.
Nope. They already nerfed it by removing the ability to use grenades while it's active and added another weapon that can puncture shields. Not having the ability to jumppack makes it worthless.

Plus, destroying the card just to fix one mode isn't fair.

PrankT

Nope. They already nerfed it by removing the ability to use grenades while it's active and added another weapon that can puncture shields. Not having the ability to jumppack makes it worthless.

I agree. If they keep it as is everyone will use adrenaline pack. The shield is a nice alternative since it gives you more defense at the expense of offense.

Tubie

I'm honestly ok with people not being able to use jump pack while they have shield on. Shit was annoying as fuck.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a patch any time soon tho, we'll all just have to deal with all the broken things for a while.

The Shield is there to protect you. Its already a free out of jail card. With the Jetpack it will make things even worse. No thanks it can stay how it is now.

Not being able to spam nades is good compromise.

Personal Shield is fine the way it is, shit is annoying as hell and it pisses me off more than explosive shot. Seems like people want PS to be this god card that lets you run around and do whatever you want. Oh I'm just going to go in the middle of a group of guys throw a nade PS and jump pack away with no consequences! It rewards bad play, if anything I'd just remove it from the game.

But enough of my rant.

The Shield is there to protect you. Its already a free out of jail card. With the Jetpack it will make things even worse. No thanks it can stay how it is now.

Not being able to spam nades is good compromise.
Then the shield needs to be much stronger. You start getting strafed by a vehicle and pop the shield, it'll still punch through and kill you. At least when you could use the jumppack you had a chance to escape.

The only thing they should have done was remove the ability to throw grenades while it is up. Thankfully not being able to use the jumppack with it is just a glitch.

It rewards aggressive gameplay, or at least it did. I've noticed people pushing forward a lot less now that you can jump with it active.

Woorloog

Banned
The shield's a fucking game slower. I outgun and outplay someone but they just pop invincibility and run away. FUCK.

Jet Pack is in the same class of "Shit that good game should not have".

(The shield being counterable only with Ion Shot or kinetic weapon isn't good either, it is fucking rock-paper-scissors game which is also poor design.)

The shield is a tactical tool. If the maps didn't have so many choke points and lack of flanking routes it wouldn't be needed. But as it stands, in Supremacy at least, it is necessary to overwhelm defenses when taking certain control points.

Jag

The shield is a tactical tool. If the maps didn't have so many choke points and lack of flanking routes it wouldn't be needed. But as it stands, in Supremacy at least, it is necessary to overwhelm defenses when taking certain control points.

I play a ton of extraction (favorite game mode right now) and the shield is really important to get the shipment moving at choke points.

I play a ton of extraction (favorite game mode right now) and the shield is really important to get the shipment moving at choke points.

True, I praise the guys that go for it with shield up.

Even if its intended use is 'tactical', it's primarily used as an 'oh fuck, I got caught with my pants down, gotta bail' tool.

PrankT

True, I praise the guys that go for it with shield up.

Even if its intended use is 'tactical', it's primarily used as an 'oh fuck, I got caught with my pants down, gotta bail' tool.
Most triangle cards are a bail out. Scan pulse is a temporary wall hack helping those with no game sense. Explosive shot helps those who can't lay enough shots to get the job done without damage boost. Adrenaline pack helps those who got into bad situations and need to heal. Why be upset with people who take away one of your kills instead of those using the other powers to increase your deaths? If you equip a cycler rifle or scatter gun you can take care of them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom