• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 31 update from community manager: https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/37495/star-wars-battlefront-outer-rim-3-31-16

Bug list: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...ug-reports-updated-3-31#latest#Comment_213439

In general: there are a lot of bugs and it will take time to investigate/resolve them.
Unable to use Jump packs while shields are active: http://bit.ly/1ZJ2PmI

YES YES YES YES ITS A BUG NOT A FEATURE WOOOO!!!!

Once that is fixed I'll be back in the game.

Lots of rubberbanding with the jumppack going on..

Finally got to play Luke on Hoth. Spawn right in the open next to an AT-ST, Vader and in sight of a Walker. Great. In general, I have found it a lot harder to snag hero icons. Barely ever get an Imperial one, and if I do spot one, it's always right on top of a shit ton of people. Somehow the same people always end up getting them.

Also had something weird happen on Hoth, rebels had only a few y-wings at first and second uplink, yet our AT-ATs dropped almost instantly.

Lots of rubberbanding with the jumppack going on..

Finally got to play Luke on Hoth. Spawn right in the open next to an AT-ST, Vader and in sight of a Walker. Great. In general, I have found it a lot harder to snag hero icons. Barely ever get an Imperial one, and if I do spot one, it's always right on top of a shit ton of people. Somehow the same people always end up getting them.

Also had something weird happen on Hoth, rebels had only a few y-wings at first and second uplink, yet our AT-ATs dropped almost instantly.

It shouldnt be possible to use the jetpack and Shield together. They should let it this way
Fuck that noise. They already nerfed it by disallowing grenades from being used while it's on. It's pretty worthless defending against vehicles now. Before if you got jumped by an AT-ST you could pop and fly away, now if you pop the AT-ST can take the shield down super fast because you can move fast enough.

Jag

Final DLC announced: The Clone Wars

Maps: This DLC will introduce four new planets to Star Wars™: Battlefront™.

Geonosis: Fight across the harsh red desert, through Geonosian catacombs, and Trade Federation droid factories of Geonosis in the first battle of the Clone Wars.

Mustafar: Located in the Outer Rim, Mustafar is a scorched volcanic planet full of resources being mined by the Techno Union.

The remaining planets will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Vehicles, Weapons, and Star Cards: The Clone Wars DLC will add more than 20 new vehicles, weapons, and star cards to the game. These will include the Republic Army's signature DC series weapons, Trade Federation tanks, boomas, and more.

Heroes and Villains: This DLC will add 8 iconic heroes and villains from the prequel trilogy. Fight for the Republic as the fearless General Jar Jar Binks and Commander Cody, or for the Confederacy as bounty hunter Jango Fett or Droid Army commander OOM-9.

Game modes: The Clone Wars DLC will bring 4 new game modes to Star Wars: Battlefront. You will be racing through the canyons of Tatooine in Podracing, and fighting against Gungan Warriors in Hunt mode.

It was funny at first, but it's becoming way too frequent now. Ion disruptor and pulse cannon hits not being detected. Nailed an AT-ST with the disruptor and it did nothing, same with pulse cannon on troops and fighters, particle effects bounce off but zero damage.

Also. Just remove the lock-on for the blasters on fighters already.. then you can have actual dogfights and not this easy mode air superiority BS.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Final DLC announced: The Clone Wars

tumblr_nubxnzT98i1tswyjoo1_500.gif

lawnchair

Banned
jump packs with shields up .. this pleases me.

also, it would be hilarious and sad if they made The Clone Warz actual DLC lolllllll

PrankT

So, wanted to try out the outer rim maps. Nothing but empty lobbies. Not much season pass holders on Xbox?
Try to choose a mode. I usually get empty lobbies unless I specially choose one. I'm on ps4, but I bet it's the same. Matchmaking in general has been pretty bad on small modes for me, I can rarely find a drop zone match at this point.

Try to choose a mode. I usually get empty lobbies unless I specially choose one. I'm on ps4, but I bet it's the same. Matchmaking in generally has been pretty bad on small modes for me, I can rarely find a drop zone match at this point.

Ah that would explain it. I just picked the general playlist.

9zSbQcR.gif

If only the pulse cannon could one shot fighters. Alas.

jbpeHpz.gif

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

If only.

Went on a 30+ killstreak with Vader, it's feast or famine with the guy. But at least it's 100 times as fun as ledge camping with boba. Also got Han, still think they could buff his health a tad, but man, snipe a TIE, blow up an AT-ST and look awesome doing it.

Also tried a go at Palpatine, I always seem to get the shittiest honor guard, they run right off. They should buff his basic lightning tbh.. people can gib you hard if they see you. Being sneaky with heros only works if enemies are oblivious to the radar.

5taquitos

This game need auto-balance in the game and not only between matches. 13 vs 20 ain't fair.

Yeah, they just need to go all out and have dynamic team balancing during the match. It may piss people off to be switched teams mid-round, but games have been doing it for years.

Wat is dis?

Image Dave Prowse tweeted the other day. Thought it was a cool image :)

If only.

Went on a 30+ killstreak with Vader, it's feast or famine with the guy. But at least it's 100 times as fun as ledge camping with boba. Also got Han, still think they could buff his health a tad, but man, snipe a TIE, blow up an AT-ST and look awesome doing it.

Also tried a go at Palpatine, I always seem to get the shittiest honor guard, they run right off. They should buff his basic lightning tbh.. people can gib you hard if they see you. Being sneaky with heros only works if enemies are oblivious to the radar.

If you play Palpy the right way, he can be awesome. But I see so many people rush to the frontline with him, only to be slaughtered in an instance.
He also can be very valuable in HvV, healing other villains.

So you pick a mode for Outer Rim and after that it picks random modes?

Anyways. Just played a bunch of Outer Rim. I literally got to rank 60 by solely playing Walker Assault, but I have to admit that these smaller modes are actually quite fun! And the maps are utterly beautiful too..

Also Nien Nunb is broken as fuck in HvV, goddamn. Has anybody ever used Greedo's deadeye ability? It bugs a shit ton of times and why use it (leaves you open for ages on a squishy target) if you one shot people with his blaster?

Goddamnit EA. I hope that the population is gonna survive all this fragmentation.

I lost both these games, I can't even..

When I was the Empire, they cowcabled both our walkers (sadly I was in one of them). When I was on the Rebel side, man oh man, we blew up the one that was weak and then I saw two airspeeders just flying around and not even going for the towcable when we still had plenty of time left.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

GuZ2u8r.gif

Rv7ZaVe.gif

I bought the season pass. Do I have to unlock the new blasters via Hutt contracts after buying the season pass or are they already unlocked for me cause I've coughed up the cash? Thanks guys! :)

This game need auto-balance in the game and not only between matches. 13 vs 20 ain't fair.

Yeah, it does suck. I don't notice or mind it as much in larger maps. But it definitely sucks when it happens to you in Drop Zone and smaller modes.

I've been on the short end of 2 vs 6 and another round just me vs 4. It seemed those rounds, my teammates quit out after a slow start losing a few pods or looking short-handed early. But I've been part of teams down four pods and we've come back to win.

I usually just try to stay alive and disrupt the other team's objective long enough to hopefully get more help on my team. Doesn't always work out though.

RyanW

Frustrating, really in any gamemode, where team balancing decides to do 1v5 or something similar. Becomes really noticeable when you're playing something like Droid Run and you can just end the game 30 seconds in because the other team only has one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom