• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

Anyone else having issues with double XP? Game ends shows how much the bonus was then cuts to the screen where it converts to points and does nothing just sits at 0?

So, I barely, if ever, get the Imperial hero icon on Endor.

SO I AM FINALLY LUCKY AND THIS SHIT HAPPENS

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/16434011

Words cannot describe how much I wanted to punch the screen and how much I fucking hate this game right now.

(And yeah, I could have seen it coming, but hell I was barely paying attention and honestly did not expect it).

Yeah, they really need to change that. Take of a good chunk of health and let the Speederbike crash. Not this insta-kill shit.

I need more people on my PSN friend list, I have a couple but only have been able to get in a few matches with Patriot_Infinity, which is awesome but not often enough. No need to chat, just see if we can get in the same matches if we ever play at the same time. PSN is PrankT.

Added

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
More than confident the final expansion is Rogue One based now, after seeing that epic trailer. (Like most of us speculated, since it is mum.)

The movie is all about war, very homage to gaming with some shots as well. This is basically, Battlefront The Movie!

GeeTeeCee

So I play Battlefront for the first time in over a week for the double xp weekend, and the xp bug that was introduced with the Outer Rim dlc still isn't fixed?

I just got 15,000xp from a single match, but when I go to check the stats screen all that xp is gone (not like the 0 credits bug - GONE). Fix this shit DICE.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So, the amount of rubberbanding BS going on over on Xbox One these last few days has been utterly insane.

What the f. happened?

I've been noticing a lot more lag on the PS4 version as well.

Influx of more players for double XP, and getting the itch from the Rogue One trailer, as well as TFA Blu-ray/DVD launch?

I know this is anecdotal, but I saw a bunch of people getting Battlefront at Best Buy with TFA Blu-ray, when I was there getting the Blu-ray and Sphero BB8. They had it merchandised really well to get you to purchase more than just the movie.

nillah

Banned
Leia's blanket on Swamp Castle is cool.

Double XP or not I was gunning for some Battlefront this weekend. New DLC has me intrigued and the notification bar listing so is pure hype. What I might do is purchase all of the DLC at once and experience it as such... That random free map drop was a pleasant surprise and the only surprise I like is when the lady gives me head in the morning

We'll probably see Kylo Ren and co. on Battlefront 2 so whatever characters we get now is cool

How are people nailing me in mid-air (jumppack) with the airspeeders? Is the hitbox completely screwed up or? Notice it's the same with AT-STs, but some of these airspeeder pilots can't hit the broad side of a barn and then suddenly nail 6 shots in mid-air? Yeah right.

Palpable

I need more people on my PSN friend list, I have a couple but only have been able to get in a few matches with Patriot_Infinity, which is awesome but not often enough. No need to chat, just see if we can get in the same matches if we ever play at the same time. PSN is PrankT.

We always wreck. Need to party up just so we are guarenteed on the same team.

PrankT

Yes, we have some great games. I don't typically play Cargo because the teams I get put on induce insanity, but it's pretty nice with you killing everyone! I normally don't chat since my kids are super loud (3 year old and 6 month old), but I can party up.

Influx of more players for double XP, and getting the itch from the Rogue One trailer, as well as TFA Blu-ray/DVD launch?

I know this is anecdotal, but I saw a bunch of people getting Battlefront at Best Buy with TFA Blu-ray, when I was there getting the Blu-ray and Sphero BB8. They had it merchandised really well to get you to purchase more than just the movie.

I saw a lot of new players on Xboxone two days ago. Most didnt even have a loadout ready etc lol

Palpable

Yes, we have some great games. I don't typically play Cargo because the teams I get put on induce insanity, but it's pretty nice with you killing everyone! I normally don't chat since my kids are super loud (3 year old and 6 month old), but I can party up.

That's what I need on my cargo team, someone that plays objective. My play style is to control the middle and kill shit. Yeah, I don't care to talk most the time because it takes my focus away.

Found this in the attic today. Now I only need to find my PSP and it's charger....

9AKnpbS.jpg

Ozorov

I can't believe the credit-bug and hutt contract-bugs are still there. Imagine the first impression if you bought the game now. Beta all over again.

Tomorrow has it been 20 days.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Might have to get in a few rounds with you guys soon! Want to test out my new 50" Sony XBR with this game (coming from a 24" monitor)... so the immersion is gong to be so surreal.

Messed with Fighter Squadron for just one quick game, and my jaw dropped again, as well as going 21-0 (may be placebo), but I think it was due to having much better peripheral, larger real estate to maneuver better and see distant objects with more detail (easier to hit the hotbox with a larger on screen object).

I saw a lot of new players on Xboxone two days ago. Most didnt even have a loadout ready etc lol

That is what I figured. The game was flying off the shelf on Tuesday, lol. That Star Wars hype... and Rogue One will only build on that since it seems like "Battlefront The Movie", lol.

I mean shit, most people who are semi or full Star Wars Geeks, buy other things impulsively when they get the movie or new things that come out. I got the movie and ended up walking out with the $129 Sphero BB8, the 3 foot wide panoramic Vader/Obi-Wan mosaic puzzle ($6), and Wicket Pop Vinyl ($5) girlfriend wanted that one to go with the free Chewie one they gave me last year for getting Battlefront, lol.

That product merchandising table.

Though I only had it on PS2, I had a go at BF2 on my friend's PSP back in the day. Difficult to control but playing Battlefront on the go was brilliant

Its great on the PS Vita though. You can set the aiming to the face buttons and then set the right stick to the face buttons and it controls a lot better, though you can't roll with that setup.

av40jUZ.gif

Hnnnnnnnnghh..

Got Luke, saber rushed a guy and it did nothing (clear hit) turned around and force pushed him, that also did nothing. Cost me like a good 60% HP and then it happened again on another guy, dead as a result. Sigh.. please start sorting that stuff out.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Anybody else been consistently put on an Endor map every damn time they pick a playlist this weekend?

Digby

Neo Member
Someone please help me understand some things...

Why is it that the 40 player modes, or all modes actually, are all stacked with dominating players on one side? Didn't the implement team scramble? If so its not working. This goes on until the losing teams player count drops to the point of the game being abandoned by both teams.

And there is something going on with the server side of this game. I can be godlike on one mode, switch to another game and it's like everyone has the jump on me and it takes 2x the number of shots to bring someone down. Am I being connected to some server in Russia or something without knowing?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Why is it that the 40 player modes, or all modes actually, are all stacked with dominating players on one side? Didn't the implement team scramble? If so its not working. This goes on until the losing teams player count drops to the point of the game being abandoned by both teams.

And there is something going on with the server side of this game. I can be godlike on one mode, switch to another game and it's like everyone has the jump on me and it takes 2x the number of shots to bring someone down. Am I being connected to some server in Russia or something without knowing?

You might be overthinking this. Maybe you just have the usual bad slump - happens to all of us

PrankT

Team balance was supposed to be implemented in the recent patch, but it wasn't. Also, sometimes people use scan pulse to get the jump on you. It can drive you crazy, especially in small modes. Besides that, you can just get bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom