• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Rouge One stuff just screams DLC Pack 4 for Battlefront.
Especially the AT-AT Scene
I sure hope so, it looks awesome.

animation1jwqnd.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
Trailer looked great, and I loved the "ALIEN" sirens thing they had going on.

But yeah, DLC 4 better be Rogue One, that gif says it all.

MADGAME

pacman85

Rogue One looking strong!

I think we all "knew" we were getting heroes with Bespin DLC, but it has now been officially confirmed (but not specifically who).

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/38414/bespin-hero-villain-suggestions

Lando seems guaranteed, I hope the villain is IG-88 :)
where is chewbacca??!! also, i guess this pretty much confirms the verbiage on one of the pages on EA's website that specifically said we get 4 heroes and villains TOTAL was incorrect right? surely, they wouldn't have death star and rogue one DLC with 0 heroes/villains right guys?

MADGAME

where is chewbacca??!! also, i guess this pretty much confirms the verbiage on one of the pages on EA's website that specifically said we get 4 heroes and villains TOTAL was incorrect right? surely, they wouldn't have death star and rogue one DLC with 0 heroes/villains right guys?

Well DICE have said they want to give us as many heroes/villains as possible. I don't have a link to that statement but they said it. Also, there was some ambiguity around the 4 in total verbiage, and in addition to that it was tied to the season pass. This means we may (and I believe we will) get some free heroes/villains.

Chewbacca seems like a no-brainer for a free one. First, locking such an iconic and important character behind a paygate would cause an El Niño grade shitstorm of backlash and I think DICE/EA/Disney know this. Also, saving him for the 3rd expansion in the fall would help to reinvigorate the game after being out for almost a year, along with the Death Star expansion which will be hugely popular. That's my thought anyway.

The poor hit detection has been present in DICE games for years, since at least BF2. But the frequency you describe, along with the rapid turret/droid lock-ons, sounds more like a latency issue.

From what I've observed, though I have no net perf overlay to confirm anything since I'm on PS4, is that your server site isn't set between map rotations. From personal experience, I can go from one map where I'm nailing every EE-3 burst and barely having to lead my shots, to the next map in the rotation where I'm firing rubber bullets and I have to lead my shots as though I'm using a garden hose.

To me this seems like the matchmaking system is mixing and matching groups from different server locations between maps in the rotation and picking the best one for the majority of players. Sort of like the way Mario Kart handles it on the Wii U. e.g. AU and EU sharing the same matchmaking region in MK8 is good and bad depending on the origin of the majority of players. It would certainly line up with the way I got Survivors of Endor in two out of three maps in a rotation the other week with only one map in between. Either the rotation was glitched or our players got mixed in with players on another server.

I assume you're in the US, so these instances of bad hit detection and rapid AI lock-ons could be a result of you being placed in a server in another country. If you're an extra 100-200ms away from the server, those lock-ons are going to be a bit quicker (1.5s lock-on time before latency is factored in?). DICE's connection quality indicators are worthless, since I get max bars yet also get occasional bad connection indicators, and I can say with almost 100% certainty that any Australian servers I'm connecting to will be with at least 70-80 ms ping due to distance (no one puts game servers in Perth that aren't owned by users or ISPs).

The rest...spawns only seem to suck for me when the walkers are vulnerable in walker assault and the map boundary is unlocked. But for everytime I get attacked at the spawn, theres been a time where I've been moving to flank as Imperial and had 4+ Rebels spawn on top of me. I also dont mind personal shield but thats because I love the Cycler Rifle/Scatter Gun, and often carry Ion Shot on certain maps.

Hero token behaviour is weird though. There's been times I've run through one repeatedly and been unable to pick it up despite no item equipped, and I've also seen two spawn next to each other in the shadowed side of the sandcrawler on Jundland Wastes WA.

Well, I am from the EU, and I am also on a wired connection (open nat/high speed and everything).

But I can find myself in the part that you described about a different 'feeling' from one game to the next, I am an EE-3 user predominantly and it's funny how I experience the same thing in regard to going from what seems to be near hitscan like shots to having to lead very heavily.

I have also noticed, and it becomes very apparent when I see it on teammate, that sometimes the hits seems to be way off. For instance, I saw a guy on my team get nailed by a pulse cannon, meanwhile the green laser was pretty much a meter or two above him. It seems so awkward.

Thought I was done with my cinematic tours of the planets, but totally forgot that Jakku was there as well :)
So here it is, that's five planets done and Bespin can't come soon enough.

http://youtu.be/Q7VZXvQtsq0

Also: did anybody already use rolling in a combat situation? I have yet to see someone do a roll and haven't used it myself either.

PrankT

Thought I was done with my cinematic tours of the planets, but totally forgot that Jakku was there as well :)
So here it is, that's five planets done and Bespin can't come soon enough.

http://youtu.be/Q7VZXvQtsq0

Also: did anybody already use rolling in a combat situation? I have yet to see someone do a roll and haven't used it myself either.
I roll a couple times for fun and then forget about it. Also, I believe there is a bug where you can't see other people roll right now, you just see them stutter. So rolling is virtually worthless at this point.

I hate the bug where the round ends and your stuck outside the map zone or in front of a turret, and you die from being unable to move.

Seriously how has that not been fixed yet?

Ozorov

HvV in Outer Rim is the worst shit ever. I hope they remove it. Just played a HvV that lasted over 50 minutes since every fucking round went to a draw.

Love starting the game and seeing the Bonus Score symbol pop up unexpectedly this morning :)

Is anyone using the Bounty Hunter trait? Yesterday I had a couple of rounds of like 20+ and 4 (which is great for me; some of you guys reach rediculous levels of slaughter), and reached level 2 & 3, but I never once got a powerup for any kill. I double-checked to make sure that I had Bounty Hunter equipped. Am I just that unlucky, or does it glitch sometimes? Guess I'll just go back to Scout, but I felt like switching things up.

Is the level 59 crash random, or can you do things to avoid it?

I want to try to hit 60 this weekend, or at least get close.

The crash happens as you attain level 60 in the post game stats screen.

The one where your xp is tallied up.

The way to avoid the crashing is to get as close to level 60 as possible, for instance I did one blast game, purposefully did not complete any challenges, or kill to many people.

This left me with having to get 3,500 points to reach level 60. Which I did during a game of WA, as soon as the in game message pops up saying you are level 60, quit to the main menu.

After this you can resume playing as normal.

The crash happens as you attain level 60 in the post game stats screen.

The one where your xp is tallied up.

The way to avoid the crashing is to get as close to level 60 as possible, for instance I did one blast game, purposefully did not complete any challenges, or kill to many people.

This left me with having to get 3,500 points to reach level 60. Which I did during a game of WA, as soon as the in game message pops up saying you are level 60, quit to the main menu.

After this you can resume playing as normal.

Wth, that's crazy. Well thanks for the heads up and the method to avoid the crash.

These Cargo matches where both teams camp around the cargo and have no intention of grabbing the other teams cargo are the worst. Especially when you are literally the only one trying to play the objective.
Also: Pipelines map is a terrible Cargo map.

Laputa_94

Since I had 60k credits stocked and ots double xp weekend I decided to buy the reminder of the skins for human troops. Now the only thing in the game I need is dioxis 2 which is currently bugged from progressing.

PrankT

Since I had 60k credits stocked and ots double xp weekend I decided to buy the reminder of the skins for human troops. Now the only thing in the game I need is dioxis 2 which is currently bugged from progressing.
How is that one bugged? I don't recall issues on that one, besides it being terrible.

PrankT

So, I barely, if ever, get the Imperial hero icon on Endor.

SO I AM FINALLY LUCKY AND THIS SHIT HAPPENS

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/16434011

Words cannot describe how much I wanted to punch the screen and how much I fucking hate this game right now.

(And yeah, I could have seen it coming, but hell I was barely paying attention and honestly did not expect it).
Poor Vader taking a stroll in the forest breathing in the fresh air...

PrankT

I need more people on my PSN friend list, I have a couple but only have been able to get in a few matches with Patriot_Infinity, which is awesome but not often enough. No need to chat, just see if we can get in the same matches if we ever play at the same time. PSN is PrankT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom