• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did the post victory animation show?

The other AT-AT shot the transport. Luckily we still had one up.

For some reason Tatooine is always the map where there's a large chance that even full health walkers get cabled because most of the fights are going on within the lower levels.

I unlocked my inner Jedi reflexes with this, wish it headshotted him in return, but this was neat as well.

MevRAgI.gif

PrankT

Those look kind of underwhelming at first glance.
But we'll have to wait and see I guess.
The health bomb will be great on supremacy or turning point if it heals others...assuming people play the objective with you.

Edit: if it also heals the enemy team then it could get tricky. Interesting nonetheless.

DirtyLarry

I am finally getting a new PC. Should be here Thursday.
It is equipped with a 980Ti, so I want some eye candy.
I play the console version of Battlefront on occasion so I know what I am in for.
I also see the game is 50% off at Origin.
But damn, I checked the player count on PC, and it is looking grim.
So before I spend my hard earned money on the PC version, serious question, will it be a complete and total bust and is no one really playing this game on the PC?
Also I feel like unless I get the Super Deluxe edition or whatever it is called, there really will not be anyone playing. I cannot help but feel that out of the 3890 PC players currently playing, 95% of them are die hards who have the Season Pass.

Wow. Apparently the people have spoken with their wallet. Damn.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I play the console version of Battlefront on occasion so I know what I am in for.
So before I spend my hard earned money on the PC version, serious question, will it be a complete and total bust and is no one really playing this game on the PC?
Also I feel like unless I get the Super Deluxe edition or whatever it is called, there really will not be anyone playing. I cannot help but feel that out of the 3890 PC players currently playing, 95% of them are die hards who have the Season Pass.

Yes

Doesn't matter how prettier it will look

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yes

Doesn't matter how prettier it will look
Are you having trouble finding games? I'm East coast US and never really have any problems finding a game. I don't have the DLC, so can't speak to the population for those games.

I'm on PC and I don't have issue finding games on certain modes, however other modes are almost dead and it takes a long time to find games. Like if you stick to the 40 player modes it's fine.

Even though the PC version looks fucking amazing.

zedge

Someone please help me understand some things...

Why is it that the 40 player modes, or all modes actually, are all stacked with dominating players on one side? Didn't the implement team scramble? If so its not working. This goes on until the losing teams player count drops to the point of the game being abandoned by both teams.

And there is something going on with the server side of this game. I can be godlike on one mode, switch to another game and it's like everyone has the jump on me and it takes 2x the number of shots to bring someone down. Am I being connected to some server in Russia or something without knowing?

Was wondering this myself. Most rounds are one team steam rolling the other still.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Are you having trouble finding games? I'm East coast US and never really have any problems finding a game. I don't have the DLC, so can't speak to the population for those games.

I'm on PS4 but based on the comments of a lot of PC players here, it seems like the version to stay away from in terms of longevity, which is a shame.

That said, probably jumped a gun with my comment given my position so sorry about that

Tubie

Really bummed out by how many annoying bugs came with this DLC.

I bet we have to wait till next DLC to get a fix for all the bugs the first one created in the first place.

Meccs

1. This game runs on Ultra on my old 7950 @1080p. It's really well optimized.
2. I bought the game while it was 50% off. No issues finding 40 player modes but 12 player modes are mostly empty unless you play on weekends. Most players also currently play the DLC, so you should be ready to spend the extra money with the caveat that the DLC will probably get abandoned rather quickly since it's just small maps and most people gravitate to the larger ones. Team balance is also an issue. I decided to get a refund. I would by it on PS4 but I don't like playing shooters on my PS4. It is a fun game that looks stunning. Too bad the PC player base is so small.

Jeesh, not picking Luke anymore. He is bugged to all hell.

- Saber rush not killing folk
- Force push doing squat
- Holding block, Luke does the animation, but you won't actually block (he's made of paper mache now, so expect to die fast).

And then a shot down AT-ST lands straight on top of me.

Edit: nevermind, holy shit.

I just went 60-0 with him on Walker Assault Tatooine. Holy shit.. what the fuck.

How to deal with Boba campers.
EAAg4xF.gif

Lately I've been encountering a lot of moments when I can't get an orbital strike to start. The marker is blue, I'm not getting shot, all is well, but no matter how many times I try to trigger it, it just wont.
In one instance I completely missed a Walker's vulnerable time because no matter what I did, it just would not activate.

And while controlling the walker, the blue marker has gotten stuck in one spot and will no longer move. I can't aim my orbital strike.

How about you guys? Any issues like mine?

Lately I've been encountering a lot of moments when I can't get an orbital strike to start. The marker is blue, I'm not getting shot, all is well, but no matter how many times I try to trigger it, it just wont.
In one instance I completely missed a Walker's vulnerable time because no matter what I did, it just would not activate.

And while controlling the walker, the blue marker has gotten stuck in one spot and will no longer move. I can't aim my orbital strike.

That has been an issue from day one.
Thought it was stated in one of the patch notes that it was going to get fixed, but apparently that didn't happen.

Same, since i started playing it.

RyanW

Anybody else think Hero Hunt is a bit frustrating at the moment? Either the player count should be reduced to 8 players or the Heroes should have a health buff exclusive to the mode because most of the time the Hero stands no chance.

PrankT

Those days where you constantly get blasted from the air, sniped when you spawn, and run into every grenade, proximity mine, and hero. Tomorrow will be a nice day to sneak some Ratchet and Clank in to smooth things over.

Ozorov

So there still a level-up/no score added-bug? What the FUCK?

Been "leveling-up" to level 57 FOUR times now. Back to main menu - NOPE! Level 56.

Lulu23

I want to believe in DICE/EA but the game went to shit right after I paid for the season pass. I also didn't really like the first DLC.

Hoping for a patch very soon and Bespin to be nice.

5taquitos

I still think it's absurd I can't just play all of the DLC maps in Blast if I wanted.

Edit: With Ratchet & Clank here now and UC4 around the corner, I doubt I'll be back to this until Bespin drops. Unless there's a big patch ofc.

I want to buy and play Ratchet & Clank, but I can't stop playing Battlefront. Every time I turn on my PS4, I end up playing The Outer Rim DLC playlist. I need to finish, aka start, Uncharted 3 before May and yet, every time I have time to play games, I'm playing this.

Destiny has a huge update today, too. Maybe that will pull me away, but the BIG difference between Destiny and Battlefront is that I play Destiny because I'm addicted to the gambling aspect of collecting the best stuff. Whereas I play Battlefront because it's just plain fun.

Ozorov

I want to buy and play Ratchet & Clank, but I can't stop playing Battlefront. Every time I turn on my PS4, I end up playing The Outer Rim DLC playlist. I need to finish, aka start, Uncharted 3 before May and yet, every time I have time to play games, I'm playing this.

Destiny has a huge update today, too. Maybe that will pull me away, but the BIG difference between Destiny and Battlefront is that I play Destiny because I'm addicted to the gambling aspect of collecting the best stuff. Whereas I play Battlefront because it's just plain fun.
Yeah same here. No matter how many bugs there are, everytime I turn on the PS4 I just have to play it. But I only play in like 30 - 60 minutes sessions.

I have probably never had a score tally up as high as this one.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/16558866

Also, fuck speeder bike ramming against heroes. I am all giddy because I got Han on the first uplink on Endor. Nope, 2 kills in, and I get rammed at near full health (hell he barely touched me and I died). Load of shit to be honest.

Are the servers derping hard tonight or what? Some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen is happening tonight. Massive bullet sponge while I am literally fucking fodder to just about anyone, disgusting.

VAZJ9xi.gif

Aside from the fact that this guy seemingly instinctly dodges my pulse cannon shot, he then proceeds to tank a million shots from my E-11 and then headshots me out of nowhere. Good shit.

I have probably never had a score tally up as high as this one.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/16558866

Also, fuck speeder bike ramming against heroes. I am all giddy because I got Han on the first uplink on Endor. Nope, 2 kills in, and I get rammed at near full health (hell he barely touched me and I died). Load of shit to be honest.

Are the servers derping hard tonight or what? Some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen is happening tonight. Massive bullet sponge while I am literally fucking fodder to just about anyone, disgusting.

VAZJ9xi.gif

Aside from the fact that this guy seemingly instinctly dodges my pulse cannon shot, he then proceeds to tank a million shots from my E-11 and then headshots me out of nowhere. Good shit.

Looks to me that you're hitting something in front of him? Can't see clearly. It's also possible he/she has Stim active.

RyanW

New details on the future of Battlefront
  • New In-Game Events - more double score weekends, community missions and Special Login Events are coming for players to earn more experience, credits and items.
  • New Hutt Contracts - Unlock powerful Star Cards like the Berserker Trait, Bacta Bomb and Ion Neutralizer.
  • More New Content - We also have a couple of surprises in store that we know our fans have been looking for, especially those who have been clamoring for ways to have more options to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront offline. More to come soon.
  • Specific for May the 4th - In celebration of Star Wars™ Day we have cool activities planned that we’ll announce soon.

This June, Season Pass holders will also receive our second digital expansion pack, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin. We’re taking players in and around Cloud City, with four new maps for all of our most popular modes. You’ll see AT-ATs in Cloud City, take to the skies in Fighter Squadron, and even spend time in a carbonite chamber. Of course, we’re also adding more blasters and Star Cards, a new game mode, and two new iconic characters we’re really excited about – Lando Calrissian and the cold-blooded bounty hunter, Dengar.

Speaking of heroes, we know they have been one of the things you most like about the game; we’re happy to confirm that there will be eight total heroes included in the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass (which includes Greedo and Niem Nunb released with the Outer Rim pack) – two more each in both the Death Star expansion and our yet-to-be-revealed fourth expansion pack. More on the heroes to come this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom