• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Main Character Already Hit With Criticism Due to Ubisoft Changing Actress Apperance

freemandos

Neo Member
Wokes talk about characters like the one of stellar blade not being "realistic", but why should we care about something not being realistic in a videogame?

Something real, that average women, woke women more than anything, must accept is that , in planet earth, exist women a lot hotter than them.

So, instead of transforming it into a problem (because of their natural toxicity and competitive mindset) woke women must accept the fact that super beautiful women exist and continue with their lives.

Woke women are so toxic that they cant tolerate watching women prettier than them, not even in a videogame.
Think about that...
Also, that uglyness isn't realistic either. And it's...just ugly. And antiwomen btw. Because they take models for these characters and make them less femenine on purpose. And not because artistic or entertainment reasons.

It's all pure nonsense. And one more thing: people doesn't like being treated like stupid. And cheap and bad pandering or preaching, of any kind, does it.

Sethbacca

Strangely all the changes you list makes him more good looking instead of less ??
Completely subjective, but the game also lets you give the dude a joke of a fucking mullet, so it's not like they're not afraid to make fun of the character either.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Honestly seems the ugly character is just the tip of the iceberg here, have you seem the pricing for this game?

Ubisoft is doing here what they've been doing for years, namely releasing multiple editions of the game. There's the regular edition (70 euro), sometimes a day one edition with 1 piece of additional DLC, a gold edition that contains a season pass (usually two substantial expansions) for about 100 euro and an overpriced ultimate or complete edition that's not worth it.

Far-Cry-6-Editions-Key-Art.jpg

63356_06_assassins-creed-odyssey-ultimate-gold-deluxe-standard_full.jpg

22226.png

000104764_EN_AFOP_GridDeluxe.png

GK1Ffo4X0AADcSe.jpg

Guilty_AI

Ubisoft is doing here what they've been doing for years, namely releasing multiple editions of the game. There's the regular edition (70 euro), sometimes a day one edition with 1 piece of additional DLC, a gold edition that contains a season pass (usually two substantial expansions) for about 100 euro and an overpriced ultimate or complete edition that's not worth it.

Far-Cry-6-Editions-Key-Art.jpg

63356_06_assassins-creed-odyssey-ultimate-gold-deluxe-standard_full.jpg

22226.png

000104764_EN_AFOP_GridDeluxe.png

GK1Ffo4X0AADcSe.jpg
reminds me of this

watch_dogs_release_chart.jpg

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Here's a possible explanation why female characters are getting uglier: because the minority that want those changes, care a lot about the subject and aren't inclined to budge

Why do most of us who are more moderate in our beliefs allow those who are more extreme to dominate the political scene? To answer this, we need to explore why we falsify our preferences to bend to the preferences of the extreme minority, rather than the extreme minority bending to the preferences of the moderate majority.
Committed extremists are unlikely to move toward the middle. Committed people lack versatility. But flexible voters who are open to new ideas are more likely to move toward extremes. Those who can go either way can adopt the preferences of the minority. If one person is absolutely committed to an idea, and a second person finds merit in the idea but is uncertain, the first individual will be more likely to impose her view.

If one group is absolutely committed to an idea and unwilling to consider other ideas, and another group is less committed to an opposing idea and is willing to consider other ideas, the first group often wins. The flexible group often loses. It can pay to be inflexible.

Additionally, researchers have used mathematical modeling to demonstrate that there is a tipping point for when opinions held by a committed minority spread through the rest of a population. The tipping point is 10%. According to scientists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, “When the number of committed opinion holders is below 10 percent, there is no visible progress in the spread of ideas. It would literally take the amount of time comparable to the age of the universe for this size group to reach the majority. Once that number grows above 10 percent, the idea spreads like flame.”

If 90% of us are uncommitted, and 10% are committed, it’s only a matter of time before we match our opinions with the much smaller group

-------------------

In the case of woke politics, there's another factor: the idea that progressive ideas are morally right which means that anyone opposing them is a bad person who stands in the way of good. Good luck to any devs opposing ideologically motivated changes proposed by the wokerati because they'll be immediately accused of being racists, colonialists, sexists, ablists, fascists, etc.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Jesus Fucking Christ. If I wanted to see a chain smoking lot lizard, I'd go to the nearest Pilot truck stop. Who the fuck buys these games thinking, "Yeah! I'm being represented! That bitch is ugly as fuck. Just like me"??
It's heading in that direction and it's quite irritating. It's not even an argument of unrealistic beauty. Yes, the actress is air brushed, but gorgeous. That's what she looks like... just make it accurate. Mary Jane in SP2 looks like a thumb.

Tg89

I would say I'm no longer gonna buy it but lets be honest, I wasn't gonna be buying an Ubisoft game anyway. Have they made an open world game worth playing in the last 20 years?

violence

The big thing is the goofy hair choice. Honestly, the face looks pretty close to the real model. The small differences may not have even been intentional.

FF6 concept art interpreted by the SNES

o7qkbYl.jpg

jwaxeman

I mean the in-game graphics aren't doing her any favors but really, it's the bangs man, that isn't that different from the character model. She's just got her hair done up with makeup. Some of you all need to touch grass.

violence

I mean the in-game graphics aren't doing her any favors but really, it's the bangs man, that isn't that different from the character model. She's just got her hair done up with makeup. Some of you all need to touch grass.
It’s hard to play anything and not think of modern politics right now.

The Pokémon Go art is a more explicit example of what people are trying to point out.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I dunno, I think they COULD have made the in game character look better, regardless of who they cast as the voice. Either there is a fundamental software difficulty in depicting feminine features vs masculine ones or they sat down and DELIBERATELY designed a fairly "rolled hard, put away wet" character versus a more classically attractive one. Design incompetence (i.e. they WANTED her to look more like the made up VO actress but just failed) seems less likely, as we have a whole slew of frumpy "off looking" female characters in recent years that isn't really keeping in pace with how male characters look.

So seems to me it is a deliberate choice to make her look less attractive. The VO actress, like many actresses in real life, spends an inordinate amount of time on her physical appearance (probably a good amount of surgery and injections) that isn't really matched wih actual real world military or blue collar women that would be a basis for the in game character. Society is also much more tolerant of "non-GQ" looking men still being able to command attention, so it is easier to duck any direct comparisons between male "beauty" and female.

But none of this really translates to games, which are a fantasy, and the audience for this, like virtually ALL open world combat games, is gonna be heavily weighted towards dudes. And dudes like attractive women. So the marketing person who had a 60 minute PowerPoint presentation of why the character should look this way versus the 20 other possibilities the design team cooked up likely needs a sit down with their boss to discuss alternate career options.

I dunno, I think they COULD have made the in game character look better, regardless of who they cast as the voice. Either there is a fundamental software difficulty in depicting feminine features vs masculine ones or they sat down and DELIBERATELY designed a fairly "rolled hard, put away wet" character versus a more classically attractive one. Design incompetence (i.e. they WANTED her to look more like the made up VO actress but just failed) seems less likely, as we have a whole slew of frumpy "off looking" female characters in recent years that isn't really keeping in pace with how male characters look.

So seems to me it is a deliberate choice to make her look less attractive. The VO actress, like many actresses in real life, spends an inordinate amount of time on her physical appearance (probably a good amount of surgery and injections) that isn't really matched wih actual real world military or blue collar women that would be a basis for the in game character. Society is also much more tolerant of "non-GQ" looking men still being able to command attention, so it is easier to duck any direct comparisons between male "beauty" and female.

But none of this really translates to games, which are a fantasy, and the audience for this, like virtually ALL open world combat games, is gonna be heavily weighted towards dudes. And dudes like attractive women. So the marketing person who had a 60 minute PowerPoint presentation of why the character should look this way versus the 20 other possibilities the design team cooked up likely needs a sit down with their boss to discuss alternate career options.

In case folks have forgotten... I'll just leave this here:

Here's a possible explanation why female characters are getting uglier: because the minority that want those changes, care a lot about the subject and aren't inclined to budge

Why do most of us who are more moderate in our beliefs allow those who are more extreme to dominate the political scene? To answer this, we need to explore why we falsify our preferences to bend to the preferences of the extreme minority, rather than the extreme minority bending to the preferences of the moderate majority.
Committed extremists are unlikely to move toward the middle. Committed people lack versatility. But flexible voters who are open to new ideas are more likely to move toward extremes. Those who can go either way can adopt the preferences of the minority. If one person is absolutely committed to an idea, and a second person finds merit in the idea but is uncertain, the first individual will be more likely to impose her view.

If one group is absolutely committed to an idea and unwilling to consider other ideas, and another group is less committed to an opposing idea and is willing to consider other ideas, the first group often wins. The flexible group often loses. It can pay to be inflexible.

Additionally, researchers have used mathematical modeling to demonstrate that there is a tipping point for when opinions held by a committed minority spread through the rest of a population. The tipping point is 10%. According to scientists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, “When the number of committed opinion holders is below 10 percent, there is no visible progress in the spread of ideas. It would literally take the amount of time comparable to the age of the universe for this size group to reach the majority. Once that number grows above 10 percent, the idea spreads like flame.”

If 90% of us are uncommitted, and 10% are committed, it’s only a matter of time before we match our opinions with the much smaller group

-------------------

In the case of woke politics, there's another factor: the idea that progressive ideas are morally right which means that anyone opposing them is a bad person who stands in the way of good. Good luck to any devs opposing ideologically motivated changes proposed by the wokerati because they'll be immediately accused of being racists, colonialists, sexists, ablists, fascists, etc.
The fact is too most of the game developers are woke. They are that minority who is extreme and so they're not just doing it to please other people but to please themselves.

Last edited:

Boneless

Wow via this poor looking Outlaws game I find this trailer for Eclipse, which for whatever reason I had never seen before, that looks unbelievable awesome, what a great trailer:

BlackTron

Wow via this poor looking Outlaws game I find this trailer for Eclipse, which for whatever reason I had never seen before, that looks unbelievable awesome, what a great trailer:

Take my advice and don't get too hyped over a CGI trailer, especially for a Star Wars game. The only thing I got from this trailer was a nice montage of SW eye candy. I still have no idea what the game is even about or what you do in it. And I do hope if it does end up awesome, they don't just cancel it anyway.

kruis

Take my advice and don't get too hyped over a CGI trailer, especially for a Star Wars game. The only thing I got from this trailer was a nice montage of SW eye candy. I still have no idea what the game is even about or what you do in it. And I do hope if it does end up awesome, they don't just cancel it anyway.

SW Eclipse was announced back in December 2021 and there's been no real news about the game except that Quantic Dream says "It's simmering".

BlackTron

SW Eclipse was announced back in December 2021 and there's been no real news about the game except that Quantic Dream says "It's simmering".

Yeah I'd be more hyped over this "poor looking" Outlaws game for its actual gameplay footage. Than look forward to something that I have no idea what or even IF it is lol.

Boneless

Oh I am not hyped at all, but I do appreciate a good trailer and art direction, this trailer alone has more identity than everything I have seen of Outlaws so far.

Toots

Gold Member
Completely subjective, but the game also lets you give the dude a joke of a fucking mullet, so it's not like they're not afraid to make fun of the character either.
You’re right you can go full exterminators of the year 3000 with a mullet, handle bar mustache and headband ! But you can also make him look badass, and arguably the 80s action hero costume is badass also ! Anyway it’s all so tiresome…

CGNoire

In case folks have forgotten... I'll just leave this here:

Holy Fuck I hadent seen those quotes...jesus

A lot of pussy footing around the issue. Women are being purposefully masculinised. It is allegedly being done for inclusivity reasons... you know, to appease insecure and unattractive women along with trans women. There is also the bonus of 'sticking it' to the male audience of these games - as a means of thwarting the 'male gaze'. The problem is that most of these games are consumed overwhelmingly by a very straight male audience. The appeasement or pandering is to the benefit of an audience that doesn't exist... that doesn't buy or play the games... that largely isn't really all that interested. Thats the truth. The only reason it has been pushed with such vehemence is because meeting certain DEI targets can help secure cheap loans from Blackrock or Vanguard. Tell me I'm wrong.

RaduN

She looks alright in-game. A few years older maybe than the online pics.
Those pics eveybody's comparing to, are ultra shopped, so it's more than mikey that the actual person in everyday life looks like the game character than her own shooped pics from online.

Mr Moose

She looks alright in-game. A few years older maybe than the online pics.
Those pics eveybody's comparing to, are ultra shopped, so it's more than mikey that the actual person in everyday life looks like the game character than her own shooped pics from online.
Which pics? This one?
eZXlHzf.png

Top Bottom