• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbreeze conference May 10: Walking Dead, System Shock 3, Psychonauts 2... [Over]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze

---

bca06ee06a4124cb_800x8os9d.jpg

It's worth noting that in addition to the below bolded games, Crossfire Co-op is quite likely, since Smilegate is there.

Starbreeze said:
Starstream by Starbreeze – premiering an exclusive live-streamed event May 10
FRI, MAY 05, 2017 19:00 CET

To feature exclusive development update on OVERKILL's The Walking Dead, PAYDAY 2, ”Veterans of the Industry" panel with Warren Spector & Tim Schafer, exclusive announcements & more

Come one come all! Starbreeze invites you to an exclusive live-streamed event on Twitch.tv May 10 starting 9am PST /12pm EST/ 6pm CEST featuring first looks and previews, in depth interviews and fun for the whole community on a number of Starbreeze projects including:

OVERKILL's The Walking Dead, PAYDAY 2®, an introduction to the universe of System Shock 3®, Psychonauts 2, Dead by Daylight and a panel titled ”Veterans of the Industry" featuring Warren Spector, Tim Schafer and Bo Andersson.

Players around the world can tune in to the Starbreeze Twitch Stream on May 10: https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze to follow the event.

Starting 9am PST / 12pm EST / 6pm CEST, the segments will include features and titles such as:

• OVERKILL's The Walking Dead
  • Psychonauts 2
  • System Shock 3
  • Exclusive PAYDAY 2 announcement
  • ”A Veterans of the Industry" panel featuring Warren Spector, Tim Shafer and Bo Andersson.
  • RAID: World War II
  • Deliver Us The Moon
  • Trailers and unveils
  • Community interaction and giveaways and more
Source: http://news.cision.com/starbreeze-a...exclusive-live-streamed-event-may-10,c2259169

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I still can't believe System Shock 3 is a thing.

They announced the walking dead years ago and we still know nothing about it. I wonder if we'll learn anything here.

Xater

Well, we have a conference unveiling the game, and the thread about it has generated 3 replies in six minutes, so I can't blame people for not trying earlier.

I look forward to dozens of people comparing System Shock 3 to Bioshock.

Zukkoyaki

Well this was an unexpected surprise! Starbreeze has quietly become one of the more compelling publishers in the industry and one of the shining examples of the mid-tier making a successful return. Can't wait to check this out!

Gusy

Is Doug Church involved in any way with System Shock 3? I know that Valve hired him a few years ago but I'm not sure about his current whereabouts

I was fairly sure Overkill's Walking Dead was vaporware at this point so I'm glad to see it's still kicking.

Starbreeze is proving to be one hell of a publisher.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was fairly sure Overkill's Walking Dead was vaporware at this point so I'm glad to see it's still kicking.

Starbreeze bought an engine company and moved their internal projects over to the new engine, so I suspect that was a lot of the delay.

Sciz

They just did one of their big semiannual Payday 2 events, so I can't imagine what they'd have ready to announce for it here. Ongoing support continues through 2018, maybe.

They just announced another delay to 2H 2018, so don't hold your breath: PR, Google translated from Swedish

alemmon

This is actually a great time for this. If they have things to show they really get to own the week without having to worry about E3. GI ma really looking forward to this

Mechazawa

Hoping that scifi 4 player coop thing they've been working on for a million years is one of the unveils.

I need my Syndicate coop successor.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hoping that scifi 4 player coop thing they've been working on for a million years is one of the unveils.

I need my Syndicate coop successor.

That one is Storm on this list, so I wouldn't hold my breath, especially given that Crossfire seems to be there, and I can't imagine they're successfully developing three games internally at once when they can't get The Walking Dead out the door.

starbreeze2j1usl.png

I look forward to dozens of people comparing System Shock 3 to Bioshock.

Skip forward 8 years into the future.

>This System Shock 4 game sure reminds me of Prey and its sequel.
> You mean that old game with the native american protagonist?
> What native american? You were Asian in the first one and African in the second.

Looking forward to see System Shock 3.

Though I'm wary due to some of the early details they released several months before.

Can't wait to hear more about System Shock 3, but fucking hell, just announce Payday 3. Payday 2 is already dead to me. I want you to make a new game it shows that you actually give a shit.

Alexious

But what about the true Starbreeze, Machinegun Games? Where's my new Riddick/Enclave/The Darkness?

Starbreeze recently said they're not going to make other single player games themselves, though they might license those franchises to other studios.

I wasn't aware they had really said anything about it beyond some staffing info. Link?

This article: https://www.polygon.com/features/2016/8/30/12700542/system-shock-3-art

There's a segment about how they want to explore SHODAN's motives:
"In System Shock 3 I want to explore Shodan's motivations," said Spector. "In the first two games her plan was to destroy humanity because, with the removal of her ethical constraints by the hacker in the first game, she's going insane. But we never explained why she wants to destroy humanity. So we're going to be exploring the idea of a super intelligence and what would motivate a super intelligent AI."

Which I see it unnecessary since she is an AI with a god complex

dugdug

Banned
Curious to see how their Walking Dead game performs. Feels like they're coming in on the tail end of the show's zeitgeist.

JNT

Can't wait to see more of System Shock 3. Although I am cautiously optimistic considering Ultima Ascendant doesn't look all that hot.

Ah dang, they're having a conference for my birthday. That's awful nice of them! Can't wait to see some Psychonauts 2! That tech demo they showed has me hoping for an eventual remaster of the first game.

Top Bottom