• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbreeze conference May 10: Walking Dead, System Shock 3, Psychonauts 2... [Over]

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I should probably mention that """Starbreeze""" is Overkill (which used to be GRIN of Bionic Commando fame), while actual Starbreeze is MachineGames, who makes Wolfenstein.
You mean that the guys who developed The Darkness went on to make the latest Wolfenstein games? If so, I need to make The New Order my #1 priority!

ArjanN

I own it on Steam, but haven't got to it yet. Now I'll make sure to play it as soon as I can.

The Darkness/Riddick lineage is pretty obvious. Lots of good character moments in the style of those games.

That said "Starbreeze" made Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, so it looks like a win/win situation where we got two good studios out of it anyway.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Starts in 1.5 hours as a heads up.

The Darkness/Riddick lineage is pretty obvious. Lots of good character moments in the style of those games.

That said "Starbreeze" made Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, so it looks like a win/win situation where we got two good studios out of it anyway.
The staff that made Brothers works with EA now actually.

jond76

Banned
I forgot that Deliver Us the Moon was picked up by Starbreeze. I think some of y'all will dig it. I backed it on kickstarter way back.

A WW2 co-op shooter? So Starbreeze will have that, a futuristic one (Storm), post-apoc with zombies (TWD) and present day (PD3) lol. Payday in X.

MattAces

What a great way to show off his game, talk and talk and talk and talk, 5 seconds gameplay, talk and talk, live action and talk.

Zukkoyaki

I can get the disappointment of talking and concept art, but to date there hasn't been ANY discussion of this game at all. Better than nothing haha. The in-engine stuff looks good.

Wamb0wneD

That dude only chiming in saying how that one screenshot looking good and saying bye lmao. What was he there for?

"That sounds like a proper horror game". Sure doesn't look like it.

halfbeast

Banned
Two games down, zero game trailer.

Is this some sort of art lecture class?

the host reading off the cards kinda reminded me of Ross.

hqdefault.jpg

edit: "sorry guys, we only have enough money for one gaming related t-shirt, you gonna have to share it."

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Can't watch right now, did they talk about ss3 yet? Can someone please summarize what they showed/talked about for ss3?

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
I feel like these interviews would be a lot more interesting if there was some gameplay footage and everyone involved didn't look like they were held there against their will.

Wamb0wneD

Phew I really needed a break. Almost got a heart attack from all that hype.

Can't watch right now, did they talk about ss3 yet? Can someone please summarize what they showed/talked about for ss3?

You didn't miss anything so far.

Edit: So they are doing the trailers during breaks? What a weird format lol.
Edit 2: Yeah right that explosion would've totally saved them. Wut?

OldMuffin

Love how most of the stuff they have spoken about have litterly been described as "payday but with". I get it payday 2 is pretty great but there seems to be very little variety here to stay interesting.

Wamb0wneD

Love how most of the stuff they have spoken about have litterly been described as "payday but with". I get it payday 2 is pretty great but there seems to be very little variety here to stay interesting.

Yeah SS3 will be payday in space lol.

Does anyone know how long this is supposed to be? Don't want to watch this for 2 hours just to see them talk about SS3 for 5 minutes...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does anyone know how long this is supposed to be? Don't want to watch this for 2 hours just to see them talk about SS3 for 5 minutes...

I'd imagine it's about an hour given they only have three games left judging by the image.

Edit:

Maybe four. We haven't seen anything from Soap Interactive, right?

Top Bottom