• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield has 'Mixed' reviews on Steam (Up: 'Recent' reviews are Mostly Negative)

GrayChild

cT54phX.png

The Simpsons GIF

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
It’s clear that it’s review bombing but what happened recently to make it reach mostly negative?
The shitty "roadmap" and the devs coming out and basically telling players to STFU because they don't know anything about games.

This further shows how tone-deaf Bethesda is. Some idiot posters here think the irrational hatred is just console warring but they're just lying to themselves. The majority of disgruntled players are fans of Bethesda who believed in them, only to be served this giant turd.

Remember when people were complaining about performance? Todd said the game is optimized and to just get a better PC. A month and a half later, CPU performance skyrockets by like 30% and GeForce cards perform up to 25% better. Your game was no optimized, you troll. But it wasn't just that, even the HDR that they took 2 months to add on PC was just garbage auto HDR that didn't even work properly and people had to resort to mods again.

Instead of acknowledging that performance could be better and that they heard loud and clear what displeased the fans, they found excuses. They blamed the fanbase, blamed our hardware, and blamed the players. It's everyone's fault but theirs. This isn't even talking about the spin about 13M players who average 40 hours. Now that they're part of Xbox, they hide their sales too because we damn well know the real numbers are probably embarrassing.

Last edited:

Tarnished

It just wasn't very good, I finished it and that was it, I gave the NG+ a little try, but it was absolutely pointless. I doubt I'll ever play it again unless they add a massive expansion, because the story, world and characters were just so dull. The only real improvement over their previous games was the combat, which was decent. The first guy who gave it 6/10 was absolutely on the money, I don't know how anyone could give it higher than that.

Thirty7ven

Banned
It just wasn't very good, I finished it and that was it, I gave the NG+ a little try, but it was absolutely pointless. I doubt I'll ever play it again unless they add a massive expansion, because the story, world and characters were just so dull. The only real improvement over their previous games was the combat, which was decent. The first guy who gave it 6/10 was absolutely on the money, I don't know how anyone could give it higher than that.

“It’s not dull or do you think when Lance Armstrong first stepped on the moon he thought it was dull?”

- Bethesda on Steam Reviews

kebaldo

If Starfield was a Capcom or a Namco game (for example) I think it will have been treated like the Gollum game lol
The fact that is a Bethesda + MS esclusive is making the thing float and people still try to give it some credit lol it will be hilarious to revisit in a couple of years some of the comments trying to defend it.

Topher

Gold Member
If Starfield was a Capcom or a Namco game (for example) I think it will have been treated like the Gollum game lol
The fact that is a Bethesda + MS esclusive is making the thing float and people still try to give it some credit lol it will be hilarious to revisit in a couple of years some of the comments trying to defend it.

Nah....Starfield is in no way comparable to a Gollum game and hasn't been treated as such. Much of the criticism is deserved, but lots of people, like myself, enjoyed the game quite a bit. I don't need a "defense" for that.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Well at least it's getting some nice updates on the tech side early next year.

I don't do Gamepass so will wait for these updates and a super low price to finally give it a try.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well at least it's getting some nice updates on the tech side early next year.

I don't do Gamepass so will wait for these updates and a super low price to finally give it a try.
Ah yes, the games as a service of what it should have been at launch. Came in hot.

Top Bottom