• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield is No.1 in the UK boxed charts. Almost identical launch to Diablo 4

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's identical to diablo 4 physical sales on playstation+xbox? cause that would be actually impressive. But maybe he just meant identitcal to diablo 4 on xbox? idk, his not being very clear.

He's factoring in D4's PS5 physical sales as well.

It is pretty impressive that just the sheer physical sales alone are this high. Digitally, going by how Xbox games tend to do, it will have sold a lot more than physically.

Very good turnout indeed.

Mr Moose

It's identical to diablo 4 physical sales on playstation+xbox? cause that would be actually impressive. But maybe he just meant identitcal to diablo 4 on xbox? idk, his not being very clear.
I think he's talking all platforms and this one not having physical PC release (unless I missed it), yeah it's ahead of Diablo 4 PS5 + Xbox.

GHG

~80% sales digitally based on historical trends.

but yes, dring man said game pass.

half baked boo GIF

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Can't be bringing that dirty word into a sales discussion.

PS5+PS4+Xbox Series numbers for Diablo IV launch week in the UK were around 8k, but digital was about 83%+.

But my question is, if Xbox Games do 80%+ on digital sales in the UK, does that applies to Day One Gamepass titles too?

yazenov

Is Diablo 4 physical numbers somehow a huge achievement now? Its physical sales are atrocious compared to its digital sales, where it sold the majority on PC.

Starfield will be similar because it’s on the two most digital platforms (PC & Xbox).

But saying it will do Diablo numbers digitally is a reach with no basis to back it up just because it did similar to it physically. Plus, starfield is also on Game Pass while Diablo 4 isn't on that service.

Last edited:

feynoob

Is Diablo 4 physical numbers somehow a huge achievement now? Its physical sales are atrocious compared to its digital sales, where it sold the majority on PC.

But saying it will do Diablo numbers digitally is a reach with no basis to back it up just because it did similar to it physically.
Diablo was both pc, Xbox and PS.
This is just Xbox+PC. Both platform have strong digital sales, so this boxed sales is worthless discussion.

adamsapple

So poor physical sales.
Don't understand the comparison Dring is making about Diablo 4 digital sales.
Diablo 4 was not on Gamepass. That is going to hurt digital sales as well.
I guess we'll find out later how much.

Game pass would hurt physical sales as well, why only digital ?

adamsapple

Physical sales are abysmal infact.

Hence his Diablo 4 comparison. This did better physically than D4 on PS+Xbox combined and will have the bigger share of it's sales digitally. As Xbox games tend to anyway.

Game pass would have factored into both digital and physical sales.

It's behind dead island 2 in the physical charts.

I think it's safe to say the physical sales have also been impacted.
Yes, that's what I said as well. GP wouldn't just impact the potential digital sales.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
it’s behind Hogwarts, Zelda, Star Wars, Resi 4, FF16 and Dead Island 2 on that list

But then...:

When you include gamepass even the impossible becomes possible.

When we all gamepass, we all win.

Did he get his math from Professor Scott Steiner

nRJCtA8.gif

Alphagear

Gotta love the fact that Dring decided to include Gamepass in Launch sales.

Then says this doesn’t include digital.

Who in their right mind will purchase a digital copy on Xbox for full price when they can subscribe to Gamepass for 15 dollars.

Make it make sense.

Seriously the damage control going on for the saviour of Xbox.

feynoob

Digital sales could be zero. In theory.
that is impossble.
steam and majority of xbox users dont have gamepass.

this is also bethesda game. people buy them due to the length of their games.

unlike other xbox games, bethesda have loyal fans.

yazenov

Hence his Diablo 4 comparison. This did better physically than D4 on PS+Xbox combined and will have the bigger share of it's sales digitally. As Xbox games tend to anyway.

Game pass would have factored into both digital and physical sales.

Gamepass would have affected digital sales more than physical sales since as Christopher has suggested Xbox users consume more digital media than physical.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
steam and majority of xbox users dont have gamepass.
It's not doing very hot on Steam, you know. Especially for a first (and arguably the best considering the word-of-mouth) weekend. It is also the only truly concrete data-point we have atm. Dring somehow extrapolate and inflate SF numbers through D4, but one can argue that SF sales could be less bombastic if we take Steam numbers as a relevant data-point (~1.44m PC owners based on VG Insights).

For reference, Fallout 4 shipped 12 millions in a week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom