• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield - Official Gameplay Trailer Reveal (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Life

Are those 1000 planets randomly generated or do they have true single player content? Very bold of them to reveal something like that but it definitely has my attention.

Boy bawang

I have strange mixed feelings about this trailer. It does look very impressive by most metrics, but it somehow didn't catch me. Which is weird, I love space, and I love Elder scrolls.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Graphic Modes. People dont get it. You can’t have a jump from 1080p to 1440p-2160p AND double the Framerate WHILE looking better than last gen. 30-60 fps alone needs double the Power and thats all there is.

one x to series x is pretty much 2x Gpu Speed. So at same graphics series x can do 60 instead of 30 fps. thats it. But not everything at the same time. Youll need a 3080TI for that aka doubling once more.

So it will be 4k ish 30 fps mode and a performance mode probably 1080-1440p 60fps.

Most realistic scenario.
I wait till the xbox series 2 alpha omega edition console comes out the.

Ezquimacore

Banned
I bet at the end of the story the secret of the universe is actually a playable version of Peter Molyneux's Project Milo
milo.jpg

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I don't really give a shit. No offense. Your opinion changes nothing for me, even if you were a fan. I personally think it's going to be a genre/generation defining game when released. I just never understood the logic. It's literally wasting time. I'm not a fan of that. No big...

The whole point is to discuss these games. You may not be a big Bethesda fan but still look forward to what they are doing with a new IP that may improve upon what you didn't like in their previous titles.

I am excited by Starfield, and intrigued, maybe it won't resonate with me completely, but I am open to liking the game a lot more than I did Fallout. If this game ticks all of your boxes and you're super excited about it more power to you there's nothing wrong with that either. But there's more to discuss than just the game being absolutely amazing in all regards if that's the discussion you're after. There's things I like that they've shown and things that still look like part of the Bethesda DNA that I don't personally enjoy. Both opinions are perfectly valid

Stuart360

Dont really get the criricism over the graphics, for the type and size of the game it is i'd say they are pretty damn good.
Plus i'd say its very similer to the difference in graphics between Skyrim and Fallout 4, to Fallout 4 to Starfeild.
We were never going to get Pandora level worlds, and no game will this gen, even the AVATAR game lol.

There is a lot on this trailer that blows away Star Citizen, and i watch a streamer play that all the time. That game gets nothing but praise for its graphics.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
watched a couple times to pick through details on my own and tbh, not really that interested in this now. It looks like a 7/10 written all over it, combat seemed to have zero feedback / weight to it, but I get that it's early.

I would much rather have smaller scope games that are polished and detailed than these vast for the sake of being vast with low detail or distinction you know?

Not often I watch a reveal at 0,25 speed, but there is so much info packed into 2 minutes from 8.40-10.40 that it's hard to process all in real time with my tiny computer :messenger_winking_tongue:

Weapons can have up to 10 upgrade slots, you can build outposts and assign people to look after them, even build/cusomize your own dream spaceship. How can anyone not be absolutely blown away by this reveal is beyond my comprehension. Not to mention how spectacular it all looks visually.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Not often I watch a reveal at 0,25 speed, but there is so much info packed into 2 minutes from 8.40-10.40 that it's hard to process all in real time with my tiny computer :messenger_winking_tongue:

Weapons can have up to 10 upgrade slots, you can build outposts and assign people to look after them, even build/cusomize your own dream spaceship. How can anyone not be absolutely blown away by this reveal is beyond my comprehension. Not to mention how spectacular it all looks visually.

Because it’s a Bethesda game and we have fallen for Todd Howard’s lies before

nani17

are in a big trouble
Because it’s a Bethesda game and we have fallen for Todd Howard’s lies before
This is where I'm at. It looks pretty good but I know it will launch a buggy mess and features Todd claims will be just bs

I'll still play it more than likely on gamepass but I won't go all out and pay 100 plus for some ultimate edition.

This game is basically taking Mass Effect to a whole other level pretty much, but with Bethesda's touch. And it is indeed a lot more hardcore of an RPG based on all the things I've noticed in the trailer. Lots of tiny details from the skills trees and categories, to the way you unlock new skills and rank them up through challenges challenges or using them, traits with unique advantages and weaknesses depending on what you pick, a large list of backgrounds - each containing 3 starter skills, that each appear to have some unique dialogue and story stuff attached to those backgrounds (we got an example of one)

Beautiful graphics (amazing in fact), diverse environments and locations, very solid gameplay systems for resource management, outpost building and customization, ship customization, weapon and item crafting and researching, the different planets and systems, and the details on each, such as the gravity, fauna, flora, water, temperature, atmosphere, gravity, the planet type, its magnetosphere (whatever that is), and planets themselves also have traits too. This game is a fucking monster, looks like a potential game of the generation candidate. It's without a doubt easily one of the most ambitious games we will encounter this generation right off the bat, that's pretty obvious.

Gameplay looked solid, combat animations and such all look better than ever. Framerate was rough, but that will be ironed out.

Also, example of customization of a pistol before and after.

QQFPo4c.png
E1r9cwv.png
00RB5uy.png
nB7Vm9I.png

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Dont really get the criricism over the graphics, for the tipe and size of the game it is i'd say they are pretty damn good.
Plus i'd say its very similer to the difference in graphics between Skyrim and Fallout 4, to Fallout 4 to Starfeild.
We were never going to get Pandora level worlds, and no game will this gen.

There is a lot on this trailer that blows away Star Citizen, and i watch a streamer play that all the time. That game gets nothing but praise for its graphics.
This is the best looking Bethesda game ever made. If I ever had a complaint about their games, it was visuals. It may not be the best looking game in general, but for a beth game, it's a tremendous upgrade visually.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Overwhelmingly big worlds are always dumpster fires this will likely be a dud
Dont all open world games have this though?
I mean you can go to the moutains in RDR2 and all there is to do is hunt animals or gather plants. Every area in a open world game cant be full of activities.

Very sparsely populated areas can still have a good purpose. I remember in fallout 4 you travel a long distance to this highly radioactive place just to meet this scientist, i found the act pf traveling into the unknown quite fun.
Reminds of Star trek TNG episodes where they would go to a planet just to visit one area.
The act of traveling somewhere far is still fun even if the world is sparsely populated.
For people who dont want to explore barren planets eould be better of focusing on the quests where they get a curated experience.

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned
Technically disappointing and looked too much like Fallout (🤮), but I still have hopes this will be the The Expanse game I've been waiting for.

Amiga

NMS with Human factions drama.
Weaker lore than Mass Effect.
Less fun appeal than Outer Wilds.
Less ambitious than Star Citizen, but deliverable.
NPC animations are great thought.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Was this running at 30fps? Will it be playable at 60fps? Looked quite rough to me to be honest, I’m sure it will be amazing but you can see why they delayed this, it needs some more time. There will be some unbelievable writing and storylines in here I am sure.

Was this running at 30fps? Will it be playable at 60fps? Looked quite rough to me to be honest, I’m sure it will be amazing but you can see why they delayed this, it needs some more time. There will be some unbelievable writing and storylines in here I am sure.
Yes it will run at 60 fps.

On a Series X Pro

Last edited:

Crane

Banned
Do you know the type of desperation it takes for somebody to zoom in on that location? It means they were literally going through the whole trailer just to find anything to bitch about. It's pitiful. All this because some people are mad it isn't on Playstation. Yikes.
Such people have no lifes outside of social media. Imagine explainig that behaviour to a normal non vidoegaming person or even better to a woman. They would all tell you, you have issues.

Maybe than they will realize how incredibly stupid and pathetic they are.

akimbo009

Gold Member
This game is basically taking Mass Effect to a whole other level pretty much, but with Bethesda's touch. And it is indeed a lot more hardcore of an RPG based on all the things I've noticed in the trailer. Lots of tiny details from the skills trees and categories, to the way you unlock new skills and rank them up through challenges challenges or using them, traits with unique advantages and weaknesses depending on what you pick, a large list of backgrounds - each containing 3 starter skills, that each appear to have some unique dialogue and story stuff attached to those backgrounds (we got an example of one)

Beautiful graphics (amazing in fact), diverse environments and locations, very solid gameplay systems for resource management, outpost building and customization, ship customization, weapon and item crafting and researching, the different planets and systems, and the details on each, such as the gravity, fauna, flora, water, temperature, atmosphere, gravity, the planet type, its magnetosphere (whatever that is), and planets themselves also have traits too. This game is a fucking monster, looks like a potential game of the generation candidate. It's without a doubt easily one of the most ambitious games we will encounter this generation right off the bat, that's pretty obvious.

Gameplay looked solid, combat animations and such all look better than ever. Framerate was rough, but that will be ironed out.

Also, example of customization of a pistol before and after.

QQFPo4c.png
E1r9cwv.png
00RB5uy.png
nB7Vm9I.png

Don't do this. We can't have positive comments.

Dont really get the criricism over the graphics, for the type and size of the game it is i'd say they are pretty damn good.
We were never going to get Pandora level worlds, and no game will this gen, even the AVATAR game lol.

I think we’ve been conditioned to want the prettiest graphics regardless of the scope. I want game design to evolve in the way starfield is showing instead of just graphics. I can get fallout/no man sky in space with 1000 planets, full cities and engaging npcs? Give me thst over hype pretty walking simulators.

Stuart360

I think we’ve been conditioned to want the prettiest graphics regardless of the scope. I want game design to evolve in the way starfield is showing instead of just graphics. I can get fallout/no man sky in space with 1000 planets, full cities and engaging npcs? Give me thst over hype pretty walking simulators.
Im mean there is nothign wrong with wanting amazing graphics, but it seems some people honeslty want that over everything else. I mean just look at how Indies and AA games are scoffed at on here, and its Indie and AA games that have all the innovation these days really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom