• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield preload is some week in the future (August -1st)

M.W.

bdOCmjd.png

Moving stuff around from internal to external HD. I think 200GB free space should be enough to handle any updates. Maybe.

EDMIX

Does anyone know when the Steam pre-load start? I was looking to get one of those collections and just thinking about skipping it all together and getting a vanilla copy lol

Sleepwalker

You probably just got it ready to download automatically when it’s available.
Can’t remember the technical jargon they use.

According to this you could already pre order it on July 13th, I'll check my xbox later but i distinctly remember starting the download and waiting for it to install. Not that it really matters anyhow.

Last edited:

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Does anyone know when the Steam pre-load start? I was looking to get one of those collections and just thinking about skipping it all together and getting a vanilla copy lol
Don't know, I have the PE preordered, still saying this for me
"
Coming Sep 6, 2023
This game plans to unlock in approximately 4 weeks"

Three

I think preloads start on the 9th.

Did anybody else think that was a XSX in the image? The price tag made me think it was a nice discount but then saw the $418 was for a Series S. 😄

According to this you could already pre order it on July 13th, I'll check my xbox later but i distinctly remember starting the download and waiting for it to install. Not that it really matters anyhow.
Yeah, that download was only 350mb or something for memory

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I got it from Fanatical because it is 17% off there. Praying hard they will deliver the keys before its launch date for pre-load and not on release date.

salva

I think imma just buy it even though i got game pass for like 2 more years

I wouldn't bother... Similarly I've got game pass ultimate til 2026. I think I'll just get the premium upgrade to play early + DLC. In 2026 I'll buy on steam to play with all the mods (should be cheap by then)

Last edited:
Top Bottom