• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield - Those getting the game, are you getting Standard, Premium, or Constellation?

Which version are you going with?

• Total voters
GamePass + Premium, plus I bought the game outright for posterity if I cancel GamePass.

I mean, I’ve got a few hundred hours into Skyrim and this is much bigger…so…

Standard version. I'm going to wait until I'm done with a first play through of BG3 (PS5 release) and Phantom Liberty first, though. Cant' wait for the reviews. This year is mental.

digdug2

I wanted to get the Constellation edition because the smartwatch looked incredibly slick. However, the communication from MS/Bethesda as to when pre-orders would actually open was absolutely atrocious, so I wound up missing the chance. I'm not so down bad that I'll pay the outlandish eBay prices, so now I'm just going to play it on Game Pass.

I was thinking about the constellation edition, but it's kinda annoying there's no deep dive on the watch, it's probably not worth the extra 200, but it would still be cool to have if it was at least decently made.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I wanted to get the Constellation edition because the smartwatch looked incredibly slick. However, the communication from MS/Bethesda as to when pre-orders would actually open was absolutely atrocious, so I wound up missing the chance. I'm not so down bad that I'll pay the outlandish eBay prices, so now I'm just going to play it on Game Pass.

There are a lot of these Constellation Edition here in The Netherlands at some online retailers. They do not sell that well and people even canceling them since some retailers do have them again.

I have one in pre-order but i’ll wait till the reviews are dropped. I might cancel it or hold it for myself and sell it later.

digdug2

There are a lot of these Constellation Edition here in The Netherlands at some online retailers. They do not sell that well and people even canceling them since some retailers do have them again.

I have one in pre-order but i’ll wait till the reviews are dropped. I might cancel it or hold it for myself and sell it later.
I suppose that I haven't looked hard enough. Just a moment ago, I looked on Amazon.de, Gamestop.de, Saturn.de, and Mediamarkt.de but wasn't able to find any for sale.

oji-san

Banned
Game Pass, would probably get the gold edition with the expansions on next Xbox when it can run it at 60fps.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I suppose that I haven't looked hard enough. Just a moment ago, I looked on Amazon.de, Gamestop.de, Saturn.de, and Mediamarkt.de but wasn't able to find any for sale.

These 3 here still have them.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

I've been debating premium but AC6 around the corner and might just wait for gampass release.

Right now Game pass Standard.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Game Pass, but might crack and get the early upgrade thing.

6gsv6kz.gif

twilo99

Today I learned that some people will purchase this game, instead of just playing via GP.

Some people really like to own games... so much so that hey are willing to pay more for it

I've got 3 years of pre-paid GPU and stacks of codes from doing MS reward points so gamepass is a no brainer.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Anyone know which version the AMD free download will be? Will I be able to download on Steam as well? For those who don't know, you get a free copy of the game with qualifying AMD CPU or GPU purchases.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Game Pass standard so far but I'm very likely to get the premium before the 1st.

would play it on Gamepass but I refuse to use the MS Store on PC or stream the game so I’ll have to buy it. It’s not really the money that’s the issue. I’d pay £60 for it but I don’t have the time because I’m focused on Baldurs Gate and Armored Core is out this week. I can pick up Starfield in a couple months or something.

Portman

Throwing my vote in for Premium. The discount for PC copies was tempting along with the ability to take advantage of the early launch with the holiday weekend.

Hopefully we'll have an OT opening up with the early launch so us premium people won't wander the forums those few days without a place to discuss the game.

Game Pass + Premium. Had some money on my account that I forgot about so I said what the heck. Please be good.

Last edited:
For those still looking to get Constellation edition, it is going in and out of stock at Best Buy. Probably for orders that are cancelling. I was able to get one last night so +1 for Constellation on Xbox. Keeping my Premium Steam version too.

Top Bottom