• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay 3 is scheduled for 2027

Draugoth

Gold Member
Announced in 2020, since then we have had no further information about the game other than the original teaser. Players are certainly excited to see the game again, but it looks like it may still be a long way from release.

As discovered by users on the internet, the ArtStation profile of Nora Shramek, lighting artist at Undead Labs, mentions State of Decay 3 has a release planned for just 2027, 4 years from now.

Clique para ver a imagem em tamanho original

If this is real, it means that State of Decay 3 will be released 7 years after its official announcement, a very long period of development. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing if this is just a speculative date on the artist's part.

Nora Shramek has previously worked on an Xbox title, having helped with lighting for Forza Motorsport 6. The artist has also worked on titles such as Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and League of Legends.

Source

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In other words, when that trailer was shown they didn't even have napkin notes what to make.

The only industry where a company shows a trailer or concept for a product for the masses (ie. not a crazy concept car meant for buzz) and it can come out up to 10 years later.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Doc Rivers Basketball GIF

Fredrik

Huh? Are they trying to reach the visuals on the CGI trailer or what? I know they swapped engine, to Unreal Engine 5, which could delay some, but this is ridiculous. Will likely come to the next console then.

Edder1

Microsoft has to be the worst publisher at managing studios. Phil is a terrible leader there, never understood why he is so loved by the green ones. They keep talking about how he saved Xbox, but there are probably dozens of execs who could have done a way better job. It just shows that having a gamer lead a gaming company may not always be a good thing.

Last edited:

Edder1

Huh? Are they trying to reach the visuals on the CGI trailer or what? I know they swapped engine, to Unreal Engine 5, which could delay some, but this is ridiculous. Will likely come to the next console then.
The funny part will be if the game's visuals are underwhelming after a decade in development. They're setting themselves up for a lot of judgement with that long development.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
If this is real, it means that State of Decay 3 will be released 7 years after its official announcement, a very long period of development. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing if this is just a speculative date on the artist's part.
Source
It is not unheard of for a game to take too long, FFXV was announced as a different game in 2006 and released in 2016, the issue here is why this game is taking that long? How different is it going to be from the previous titles?

TransTrender

Gold Member
Holy shit!
Zombie Deer game?
I thought that came out in 2019 and was never heard from again? I guess that was State of Decay 2 and 2018...
Good luck with that

Hmm very interesting. Dunno if I should be concerned or hyped. Probably neither. Game must be going through some trouble or something. Unfortunate, cause I was looking forward to it.

DavidGzz

It does suck but doesn't this confirm they are taking it much more seriously than the Indy-like prequels? Money and time usually means a good thing but it can always backfire lol. I always liked the games, but they were missing the AAA quality so I guess I'm on that hopium since I think the games always had more potential.

supernova8

Banned
Put gigantic delay on game probably not coming out for ages anyway to make your already delayed games not seem that delayed in comparison

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:

Bridges

No fucking way, that would be absolutely crazy.

Maybe they truly did go to them and say "take the time you need and make the game you've always wanted". If it's true AAA that could justify the amount of time, but even still why announce so early? (I mean I know why, they wanted to show something but had nothing).

Makes all the more sense that 2 is still getting huge updates, we'll be playing it for awhile

I enjoyed the first two games but they were fairly bare-bones sandboxes when you got down to it. Outside of a few story missions you were just wandering around gathering stuff for crafting.

4 years until the next one comes out sounds like they haven't even started developing it yet.

Roberts

It's getting pretty clear now, that all the CGI trailers they showed back then was just a taste of what to expect this gen. I guess they should have clarified not to expect these games anytime soon.

Also, they still support the second game with big updates and people seems to dig it. Not really my kind of game but enjoyed my time with it until everything went to shit at my camp.

Top Bottom