• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay 3 is scheduled for 2027

Are you assuming I'm not including Metroid Prime 4 in this discussion? I said the reason I'm kind of letting that one slide is due to Nintendo announcing they had to restart development. I would still like to know if it will release on the Switch or Switch 2.
It's Nintendo I get it. Nintendo can show off Zelda 5 years before it makes it out and it's ok with people like you. Nintendo can say Prime 4 is coming back 2017 and still nothing or say how Pikmin 4 is almost complete back in 2015 and that's ok

Don't tell us... Nintendo take your time, I can wait

KXVXII9X

It's Nintendo I get it. Nintendo can show off Zelda 5 years before it makes it out and it's ok with people like you. Nintendo can say Prime 4 is coming back 2017 and still nothing or say how Pikmin 4 is almost complete back in 2015 and that's ok

Don't tell us... Nintendo take your time, I can wait
Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

hyperbertha

Starfield is literally the same Bethesda game they've been making since oblivion.

Cyberpunk is just a far cry game that ubisoft has been making since far cry 2 which came out what? 2007 or 2008 around there

Both of those games look embarrassingly dated 🤣 at least the Arkham games are fun to play.

But wait CP added ray tracing. Wowwee so next gen 🤣🤣

Edit: in fact I take that back... far cry 2 had some pretty damn innovative world interactions like fire propagation and destructible environments.

So cybercrud is more like a lesser far cry 2 🤣🤣🤣 it's just a picture that you can navigate on and do nothing with. So it's game design is prior 2008

But oooo spiderman is a sequel grrr how dare studios make a sequel. Lazy devs confirmed 🤣🤣 this clown place sometimes
So you havnt played cyberpunk...

StueyDuck

So you havnt played cyberpunk...
Lol classic... stop me where I'm wrong, apart from a few main quests which have linear moments like trying to meet that princess or queen or whoever at the parade.

90% of cyberpunk is go to X destination oh like 12 bad guys, use your not far cry binoculars and not far cry tag them and not far cry "choose your own playstyle" which is basically just stealth or not stealth which like most not far cry games breaks anyway so you are better off just going guns blazing.

Let me guess though, you going to bring up a mission about looking for lost cars where you drive to point on a map, then drive to another point on a map.

Yowsers that's some real next gen game design you got there 🤣🤣 who needs raytracing when you can drive from a location to another location, never done that before in a videogame

Seems more like you've only played cyberpunk and not many actual games to be honest, and that's truly a shame

Last edited:

Fabieter

Lol classic... stop me where I'm wrong, apart from a few main quests which have linear moments like trying to meet that princess or queen or whoever at the parade.

90% of cyberpunk is go to X destination oh like 12 bad guys, use your not far cry binoculars and not far cry tag them and not far cry "choose your own playstyle" which is basically just stealth or not stealth which like most not far cry games breaks anyway so you are better off just going guns blazing.

Let me guess though, you going to bring up a mission about looking for lost cars where you drive to point on a map, then drive to another point on a map.

Yowsers that's some real next gen game design you got there 🤣🤣 who needs raytracing when you can drive from a location to another location, never done that before in a videogame

Seems more like you've only played cyberpunk and not many actual games to be honest, and that's truly a shame

You know that cd project red has to play by the rules of the universe of the tabletop while Starfield could be alot more creative but they still choose not to and make the same games for 2 decades now.

hyperbertha

You rn:
XcttzP2.jpg

StueyDuck

You know that cd project red has to play by the rules of the universe of the tabletop while Starfield could be alot more creative but they still choose not to and make the same games for 2 decades now.
Thats my point altogether, it's crazy people are just calling insomniac "lazy devs" and doing nothing when everyone's big favorite games are literally just as uninteresting and unambitous (if we go by the standard they themselves are using to judge such a thing)

I'd rather play an iteration on a game a few years later than a new IP that has absolutely nothing new or interesting to offer that took 8-10 years to make 🤷‍♂️.

I think people's brains are rotting and they are starting to think that more hours = ambition and better. It's like Netflix has fucked everyone's heads and now a good game is only one with lots of "content" as long as there's lots of content then gamers are satisfied, who cares about how interesting or the quality of that content, just as long as there's more.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Whoopsie... looks like I was spot on with my observations 😉. (Putting a nothing response says it all)

It's ok, cyberpunk is an OK game... you can still tell your mom that kids think your cool cause you played the cyberpunk and made the sexy time with the lady in the tank

Last edited:

Fabieter

Thats my point altogether, it's crazy people are just calling insomniac "lazy devs" and doing nothing when everyone's big favorite games are literally just as uninteresting and unambitous (if we go by the standard they themselves are using to judge such a thing)

I'd rather play an iteration on a game a few years later than a new IP that has absolutely nothing new or interesting to offer that took 8-10 years to make 🤷‍♂️.

I think people's brains are rotting and they are starting to thing, more hours = ambition and better. It's like Netflix has fucked everyone's heads and now a good game is only one with lots of "content" as long as there's lots of content then gamers are satisfied, who cares about how interesting or the quality of that content, just as long as there's more.

But doing a new ip with basically the same shit you have done including subpar writing isn't something you should be proud off. Imo Bethesda should really step up their writing game to be even in the conversation of ambition.

StueyDuck

But doing a new ip with basically the same shit you have done including subpar writing isn't something you should be proud off. Imo Bethesda should really step up their writing game to be even in the conversation of ambition.
All of these studios should.

Fabieter

All of these studios should.

Their writing is absolutely poor even by video game standards so the "them too" doesn't work here. Writing is absolutely critical in a rpg and I can't give a shit about their writing in 2023 anymore. If they wont improve for tes 6 than they can keep it.

hyperbertha

Whoopsie... looks like I was spot on with my observations 😉. (Putting a nothing response says it all)

It's ok, cyberpunk is an OK game... you can still tell your mom that kids think your cool cause you played the cyberpunk and made the sexy time with the lady in the tank
So triggered..cry moar

Top Bottom