• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | July 8, 2021 - Deathloop, Indies, and Third-party games.

engstra

The State of Plays are usually pretty decent for what they set out to do. For me this was probably one of the worse one's they've put out. Some cool announcements in there like Judgement, Death Stranding and especially Moss 2! What made this one a poor showing was the indie games they showed, which normally my favorite part of the shows, just didn't interest me. FIST looked better than the last time it was shown but apart from that nothing that grabbed me. Hoping they will show more of some already announced titles like Devil Inside, Stray and Season (I'm honestly curious to see more Goodbye Volcano High lol) along with new titles in a bigger show soon.

Elios83

SOP was good for what it was intended to be (obviously not a E3 conference replacement to showcase the big guns).
Deathloop looks like Dishonored with the atmosphere of No One Lives Forever.
The Death Stranding DC is much more than a remaster and at just10$ the upgrade is a no brainer.
Lost Judgement looked amazing as well.
Among the indies Sifu and Fist look promising.

More announcements and events are coming like they stated, in the meantime I'm happy to have many games to look forward to in the coming months (Ace Attorney Chronicles, Kena, Ghost of Tsushima expansion, Deathloop, Lost Judgement and Death Stranding DC).

SSfox

Reading comments of people that think this SOP was shit cause Sony have nothing to show:

source.gif

John Wick

Did you visit E3 threads? MS's show was 10x better and was still given a D by many users on here. Not sure how you're surprised when this show was terrible in comparison.
Are you being dense on purpose or are you really this stupid?
Your comparing MS E3 show to a State of Play? Really?
Barring Forza Horizon 5 and the expected MS games like Flight Sim, Halo etc they showed hardly any gameplay. In engine cinamatics and trailers don't get me excited. That's why I didn't think much of the MS show as most of those games were far out.

John Wick

Just because it wasn't supposed to be as big as an E3 presentation doesn't mean it didn't suck. You'd be tearing into MS if this were their first show after E3. It's going to be seen as a response whether you like it or not.

Come on guys, I wanted to see a good show, why are we defending this one? I want more reasons to dust off the PS5.
Hey clown let's say MS did a similar State of Play for FH5(deep dive) and some indie games. I would have the same expectations.
I wouldn't tear into MS because they already stated what they were gonna show.
A good show? It's a state of play for mainly games releasing soon.....not a E3 games showcase for games releasing in 2023 and beyond

DavidGzz

Hey clown let's say MS did a similar State of Play for FH5(deep dive) and some indie games. I would have the same expectations.
I wouldn't tear into MS because they already stated what they were gonna show.
A good show? It's a state of play for mainly games releasing soon.....not a E3 games showcase for games releasing in 2023 and beyond

Even the fanboys are admitting it, at least the low levels ones. The high level ones are defending this bad showing and calling people names because of a struck nerve.

Are you being dense on purpose or are you really this stupid?
Your comparing MS E3 show to a State of Play? Really?
Barring Forza Horizon 5 and the expected MS games like Flight Sim, Halo etc they showed hardly any gameplay. In engine cinamatics and trailers don't get me excited. That's why I didn't think much of the MS show as most of those games were far out.

Nah, I'm judging it for what it was, a bad State of Play. We waited for something good from Sony and they took 30% of their alloted time and showed us a game made by a MS studio. Cry moar about someone's opinion, kid.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This kind of backlash was expected regardless of the expectations set by Sony. It's just fans lashing out. Reasonable or unreasonable doesnt matter at this point. People watched as Microsoft and Nintendo went and waited a full month, and this is what they get. There is still zero promise of a bigger event. Just some vague promise of updates soon. Could just be more state of plays for already announced games. Updates? Really? No, people want a big E3 style conference. Not more state of plays.

This is on Sony. You can manage expectations all you want, but if you are gonna release an indie show you have to say hey look we have got our E3 or Summer Show planned for THIS DATE. And Then give the date and details. That's a way better way to manage expectations.

Yes, MS had a C conference, but you look at the horizon and you see a good dozen or so already announced games. Doesnt matter if they are coming this year or five years from now. The fans are willing to wait. Just like how we waited five years for FF7 and Shenmue. I think Sony needs to show its fanbase the future, and I dont mean stuff they had lined up for 2021 that got delayed into 2022. Showing GoW, Horizon and GT7 isnt gonna cut it. FF16 and Forspoken are not gonna cut it. People want to see the future. The next gen masterpiece. I never understood why MS fans were ok with pre-rendered trailers for Hellbalde, Redfall, Starfield, Perfect Dark, Fable, State of Decay, Avowed, Forza 8, The Outer Wilds and Everwild, but then I read through that list and was impressed by the sheer number of AAA single player narrative driven games MS has in the works. Sometimes thats enough. Also both Nintendo and MS had just as many Bs and As as they did Cs and Ds. Clearly, the fans were happy.

But then again, If Horizon, GoW and GT7 were next gen only and just a few months away, people would not be this antsy and ready to explode. This backlash Sony is getting didnt happen in a vacuum. This has been building up since last year. The generations comment then a complete 180 a few months later. Then more misleading people about GoW and GT7 for months. PS3 and Vta store closings. Misleading statements about PC ports. Charging $10-30 for Next gen upgrades even greedy third parties like EA and smaller indie studios like the Mortal Shell devs are offering for free. Absolutely no new next gen game announcements. This is a powder keg waiting to explode. If Sony wasnt killing it with Demon Souls, Miles, Returnal and Ratchet, you would be seeing an even bigger backlash.

To that I say, get used to the complaining. Get used to seeing more of these comments. I was pretty much the only one complaining last year, now its half of the forum. Every day Sony waits to announce their E3 style conference is a day people grow more and more anxious and find something to get worked up over.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This kind of backlash was expected regardless of the expectations set by Sony. It's just fans lashing out. Reasonable or unreasonable doesnt matter at this point. People watched as Microsoft and Nintendo went and waited a full month, and this is what they get. There is still zero promise of a bigger event. Just some vague promise of updates soon. Could just be more state of plays for already announced games. Updates? Really? No, people want a big E3 style conference. Not more state of plays.

This is on Sony. You can manage expectations all you want, but if you are gonna release an indie show you have to say hey look we have got our E3 or Summer Show planned for THIS DATE. And Then give the date and details. That's a way better way to manage expectations.

Yes, MS had a C conference, but you look at the horizon and you see a good dozen or so already announced games. Doesnt matter if they are coming this year or five years from now. The fans are willing to wait. Just like how we waited five years for FF7 and Shenmue. I think Sony needs to show its fanbase the future, and I dont mean stuff they had lined up for 2021 that got delayed into 2022. Showing GoW, Horizon and GT7 isnt gonna cut it. FF16 and Forspoken are not gonna cut it. People want to see the future. The next gen masterpiece. I never understood why MS fans were ok with pre-rendered trailers for Hellbalde, Redfall, Starfield, Perfect Dark, Fable, State of Decay, Avowed, Forza 8, The Outer Wilds and Everwild, but then I read through that list and was impressed by the sheer number of AAA single player narrative driven games MS has in the works. Sometimes thats enough. Also both Nintendo and MS had just as many Bs and As as they did Cs and Ds. Clearly, the fans were happy.

But then again, If Horizon, GoW and GT7 were next gen only and just a few months away, people would not be this antsy and ready to explode. This backlash Sony is getting didnt happen in a vacuum. This has been building up since last year. The generations comment then a complete 180 a few months later. Then more misleading people about GoW and GT7 for months. PS3 and Vta store closings. Misleading statements about PC ports. Charging $10-30 for Next gen upgrades even greedy third parties like EA and smaller indie studios like the Mortal Shell devs are offering for free. Absolutely no new next gen game announcements. This is a powder keg waiting to explode. If Sony wasnt killing it with Demon Souls, Miles, Returnal and Ratchet, you would be seeing an even bigger backlash.

To that I say, get used to the complaining. Get used to seeing more of these comments. I was pretty much the only one complaining last year, now its half of the forum. Every day Sony waits to announce their E3 style conference is a day people grow more and more anxious and find something to get worked up over.

I agree. Big Jimbo is started to worry me. He was too many great studios behind him to NOT be able to put on a good show at least ONCE a year. I swear this August event BETTER be good. And Hasan's app or game or whatever better be worth all the conversation!

Because Sony could have been distanced themselves from Hasan. It's clear as day that Sony is milking the "is it Kojima all along" hype. Jimbo has 5 months to prove me and other hardcore PS fans wrong. The August event and The Game Awards. If he can't hype us up by then...................then I'm DONE WITH HIM!

SlimySnake

I agree. Big Jimbo is started to worry me. He was too many great studios behind him to NOT be able to put on a good show at least ONCE a year. I swear this August event BETTER be good. And Hasan's app or game or whatever better be worth all the conversation!

Because Sony could have been distanced themselves from Hasan. It's clear as day that Sony is milking the "is it Kojima all along" hype. Jimbo has 5 months to prove me and other hardcore PS fans wrong. The August event and The Game Awards. If he can't hype us up by then...................then I'm DONE WITH HIM!
Contrary to what people might think, I actually think Jimbo has done a pretty good job all things considered. The sales clearly show that he managed to stock MORE PS5s than PS4s despite the pandemic and the semiconductor shortage thats hitting every single industry. Even washing machines and toasters lol.

He has also begun to invest in shooters which Shawn Layden refused to do so as to not upset Activision and EA. I think the ex-Treyarch, ex-Bungie partnerships are a great way to expand their portfolio. He did manage a pretty fantastic launch window lineup and if the pandemic hadnt hit, GoW, GT7 and Horizon wouldve likely all launched in 2021. Not a bad year despite them being cross gen. I dont even mind the PC ports now that hes acquired Nixxes to do the ports leaving the first party studios free to focus on the PS5 versions. And to his credit, he read the room and reversed a very unpopular decision to close the PS3 and Vita stores.

The problem with Jim is the dishonesty and lack of faith in the PS userbase. Just be honest. Back in June of last year, Everyone ran stories saying Miles was on PS4 but he refused to confirm it until September. He was asked point blank if GoW was cross gen last year, he refused confirm. He routinely sent out Herman who kept saying how porting one game doesnt mean they will port everything and goalpost kept shifting for an entire year. And now he's saying PS5 will be the best place to play at launch. How long until that changes?

Someone needs to sit him down and tell him to just be honest. Phil got called so many names here last year. Used car salesman, Garbage Dispenser, etc. but in retrospect he was the more honest of the two. If he wants to port everything to PC, be up front about it. I love the 40 fps Fidelity mode in Ratchet, I would jump at the chance to play these games at native 4k 60 fps. If GoW is last gen because it started dev in 2018 then be honest about it. yes, he will catch some flack for it but at least people would know where he stands and respect him for being straight with us. Dont lead us on for months. If you dont have an event, just say it. Just tell folks we are aiming for September. or August or December. Just be honest. This wait for a conference month after month is agonizing.

DavidGzz

^A couple of rational posts from Sony fans above. Why are we pulling punches people? I'm also a fan and want to be impressed is all. I hope they show us something to be excited about this summer.

Reactions: Isa

arvfab

Banned

But Sony said: more to come...

And how many do you think would just skip this SoP, knowing the contents of this and knowing that a better one is coming soon. Hell, I skipped this one knowing what it was about, even without being sure that something else will be shown soon.

And there are still people who enjoyed the SoP, so it seems that at least someone was pleased, just like the As and Bs for the MS and Nintendo E3 shows.

You want Sony to follow MS steps by showing games not ready until 2023-2025, when in the past they were criticized to show games too early (and for which MS is being criticized now).

You are also talking about bad decisions (partially revoked), as if the other competitors didn't have equally bad ones, like the doubling of the Gold subscription, no new games for almost a year after the launch of a console, MS E3 - aka the 90 min. Gamepass ad -, the Series S, the pricey OLED Switch, content being locked behind (soon to be pricey) Amiibos, artificial limitation of physical and DIGITAL content (yes Mario collection, I'm looking at you), etc...

SSfox

Keep in mind that both Jimbo and Hermen has as big role when to comes PlayStation brand.

Hermen Hulst just acquired a studio specialized in PC ports, and rumors are talking about Bloodborne coming to PC, yet nothing heard from Sony partnership with FS for a BB2 and a new franchise for PS5, this PC fanboy of Hermen Hulst is really trying too hard with this. Kinda show what are their priorities.

SlimySnake

But Sony said: more to come...

And how many do you think would just skip this SoP, knowing the contents of this and knowing that a better one is coming soon. Hell, I skipped this one knowing what it was about, even without being sure that something else will be shown soon.

And there are still people who enjoyed the SoP, so it seems that at least someone was pleased, just like the As and Bs for the MS and Nintendo E3 shows.

You want Sony to follow MS steps by showing games not ready until 2023-2025, when in the past they were criticized to show games too early (and for which MS is being criticized now).

You are also talking about bad decisions (partially revoked), as if the other competitors didn't have equally bad ones, like the doubling of the Gold subscription, no new games for almost a year after the launch of a console, MS E3 - aka the 90 min. Gamepass ad -, the Series S, the pricey OLED Switch, content being locked behind (soon to be pricey) Amiibos, artificial limitation of physical and DIGITAL content (yes Mario collection, I'm looking at you), etc...
Like I said, more to come is way too vague. They are promising "updates". That could just mean more Horizon style State of Plays. People want a big EVENT. And no more "soon". It's a meme at this point. Especially since they havent done an event like this in over a year.

Yes, other companies have made mistakes and they have gotten roasted for it. For whatever reason. the Sony fanbase is just far more critical of Playstation's misteps than MS and Nintendo fanbases in my experience. People really dont like Jimbo where as it seems 99% of the MS fans love Phil. So that's the reason why you see a lot more criticism of Sony, but everyone gets criticized on this board. If they didnt, MS wouldnt have overturned the XBL Gold price hike.

reksveks

Saying this like it's a bad thing. All shows are ads, man. Funny seeing someone trying to twist a show that gave us 27/30 games on Game Pass as being a bad thing.
I don't get it unless a person believes that 24/25 of those games aren't for you or aren't worth anything.

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned
Saying this like it's a bad thing. All shows are ads, man. Funny seeing someone trying to twist a show that gave us 27/30 games on Game Pass as being a bad thing.

But for me it is. I have 0 interest in Gamepass and I believe it's the wrong direction for the medium. So yes, it's clearly a negative point.

John Wick

Even the fanboys are admitting it, at least the low levels ones. The high level ones are defending this bad showing and calling people names because of a struck nerve.
Nah, I'm judging it for what it was, a bad State of Play. We waited for something good from Sony and they took 30% of their alloted time and showed us a game made by a MS studio. Cry moar about someone's opinion, kid.
Defending what exactly? Sony clearly stated they were gonna show deep dive of Deathloop, 3rd party games and Indies. They exactly did that. They showed games which were releasing soon hence State of Play. Maybe your comprehension skills are rubbish and you thought this was an E3 style game showcase.
They showed a game they bought exclusively before MS acquired Bethesda. Don't claim something to be bad because you set your expectations off the charts and these particular games didn't jive with you.

DavidGzz

Defending what exactly? Sony clearly stated they were gonna show deep dive of Deathloop, 3rd party games and Indies. They exactly did that. They showed games which were releasing soon hence State of Play. Maybe your comprehension skills are rubbish and you thought this was an E3 style game showcase.
They showed a game they bought exclusively before MS acquired Bethesda. Don't claim something to be bad because you set your expectations off the charts and these particular games didn't jive with you.

Them claiming something doesn't mean it isn't a bad decision as far as hype is concerned. I was shaking my head when they announced it and the show was even worse than I thought it was going to be. Saying "hey guys, this is what we are doing." doesn't make them exempt from criticism. We are not claiming they didn't show us what they said they were going to, we are just saying that decision sucked and so did the show.

John Wick

Them claiming something doesn't mean it isn't a bad decision as far as hype is concerned. I was shaking my head when they announced it and the show was even worse than I thought it was going to be. Saying "hey guys, this is what we are doing." doesn't make them exempt from criticism. We are not claiming they didn't show us what they said they were going to, we are just saying that decision sucked and so did the show.
Aww is someone upset because Sony showed a State of Play instead of a hype show??? Don't throw all your toys out from the pram. Why are you concern trolling for???
So what are you criticising them for? For showing Deathloop which they have exclusivity for a year? Or because it's owned by MS???
For showing indie games? Or 3rd party games which are all releasing soon.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don't understand your concern trolling in this thread.

They promised something. They showed exactly that. Now you're mad at them? Or are you mad at them for not showing what you wanted to see and exactly when you wanted to see it?

You also keep comparing this State of Play episode with Xbox's one and only show of the year (E3), as if Sony is obligated to do exactly what MS did and in the same format MS did.

By that logic, why aren't you criticizing Xbox to give us regular updates just like Sony is doing with their State of Plays? Also, if Sony does hold a big show in August, are you going to start criticizing Xbox again as in why didn't they have a show in August just like Sony did?

DavidGzz

Aww is someone upset because Sony showed a State of Play instead of a hype show??? Don't throw all your toys out from the pram. Why are you concern trolling for???
So what are you criticising them for? For showing Deathloop which they have exclusivity for a year? Or because it's owned by MS???
For showing indie games? Or 3rd party games which are all releasing soon.

You guys can't handle it when someone criticizes your beloved. What a sad post lmao

DavidGzz

I don't understand your concern trolling in this thread.

They promised something. They showed exactly that. Now you're mad at them? Or are you mad at them for not showing what you wanted to see and exactly when you wanted to see it?

You also keep comparing this State of Play episode with Xbox's one and only show of the year (E3), as if Sony is obligated to do exactly what MS did and in the same format MS did.

By that logic, why aren't you criticizing Xbox to give us regular updates just like Sony is doing with their State of Plays? Also, if Sony does hold a big show in August, are you going to start criticizing Xbox again as in why didn't they have a show in August just like Sony did?

It's pretty simple, I am disappointed with a crap show. I said it and you guys can't handle it and have to quote me like you're going to change my opinion. It's an opinion. Move on.

What even makes people think sony have stopped doing bigger showcases when they just did 2 of them last year. Are these people just trolls or do they actually believe that? What evidence is there for this. If im wrong I will be disappointed too but I'm literally 100% sure a big showcase is coming. No need to put a date on it, just wait and be patient.

I guess people complain no matter what these days. Microsoft had a 90 minute presentation and right after, people were dumping all over them over here.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's pretty simple, I am disappointed with a crap show. I said it and you guys can't handle it and have to quote me like you're going to change my opinion. It's an opinion. Move on.
You don't have to like it. That is fine. But you're trying so hard to convince everybody that this was a "crap show". And you have also been labeling everyone "fanboys" who didn't agree with you and called the show a disappointment.

Take your own advice: move on.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Contrary to what people might think, I actually think Jimbo has done a pretty good job all things considered. The sales clearly show that he managed to stock MORE PS5s than PS4s despite the pandemic and the semiconductor shortage thats hitting every single industry. Even washing machines and toasters lol.

He has also begun to invest in shooters which Shawn Layden refused to do so as to not upset Activision and EA. I think the ex-Treyarch, ex-Bungie partnerships are a great way to expand their portfolio. He did manage a pretty fantastic launch window lineup and if the pandemic hadnt hit, GoW, GT7 and Horizon wouldve likely all launched in 2021. Not a bad year despite them being cross gen. I dont even mind the PC ports now that hes acquired Nixxes to do the ports leaving the first party studios free to focus on the PS5 versions. And to his credit, he read the room and reversed a very unpopular decision to close the PS3 and Vita stores.

The problem with Jim is the dishonesty and lack of faith in the PS userbase. Just be honest. Back in June of last year, Everyone ran stories saying Miles was on PS4 but he refused to confirm it until September. He was asked point blank if GoW was cross gen last year, he refused confirm. He routinely sent out Herman who kept saying how porting one game doesnt mean they will port everything and goalpost kept shifting for an entire year. And now he's saying PS5 will be the best place to play at launch. How long until that changes?

Someone needs to sit him down and tell him to just be honest. Phil got called so many names here last year. Used car salesman, Garbage Dispenser, etc. but in retrospect he was the more honest of the two. If he wants to port everything to PC, be up front about it. I love the 40 fps Fidelity mode in Ratchet, I would jump at the chance to play these games at native 4k 60 fps. If GoW is last gen because it started dev in 2018 then be honest about it. yes, he will catch some flack for it but at least people would know where he stands and respect him for being straight with us. Dont lead us on for months. If you dont have an event, just say it. Just tell folks we are aiming for September. or August or December. Just be honest. This wait for a conference month after month is agonizing.

Jimbo has done a very good job overall to be honest. He's just done a piss poor job at hyping the fanbase. He just doesn't have the midas touch to keep it real. It's more that Playstation can hype us "DESPITE" Jimbo's lack of marketing knowledge. Playstation has........

- GOW2
- Horizon 2
- TLOU2 Factions
- Spiderman2
- Final Fantasy 16
- Square Enix's Forspoken (Project Athia) ()
- Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Pragmata ()
- PSVR2
- Stray ()
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Recompile ()
- Haven ()
- SSD Upgrade?
- And everything else that we don't know so far.

And yes Jimbo can't give us an update on ANY of the above so far? If it is in August, why not just say that at the end of yesterday's State of Play?

Keep in mind that both Jimbo and Hermen has as big role when to comes PlayStation brand.

Hermen Hulst just acquired a studio specialized in PC ports, and rumors are talking about Bloodborne coming to PC, yet nothing heard from Sony partnership with FS for a BB2 and a new franchise for PS5, this PC fanboy of Hermen Hulst is really trying too hard with this. Kinda show what are their priorities.
I'm not convinced Hermen is a PC fanboy like yourself. But time will tell. I do like the fact that all the extras that Death Stranding had in the PC version, is coming to the PS5 version. So there's that at least.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

You don't have to like it. That is fine. But you're trying so hard to convince everybody that this was a "crap show". And you have also been labeling everyone "fanboys" who didn't agree with you and called the show a disappointment.

Take your own advice: move on.

I mean move on from focusing on me. I'm not going anywhere even if you say it in bold letters. Lol. I am not trying to convince anyone. I side with the majority.

Last edited:
I feel Deathloop has left a bad impression in early showing. That's why people have a lot of confirmation bias against it.

If that's the case, show must be disappointing.

Personally I think it has spit and polish of a AAA game now and is ready to release. Am really intrigued by it now after the latest showing.

I feel Deathloop has left a bad impression in early showing. That's why people have a lot of confirmation bias against it.

If that's the case, show must be disappointing.

Personally I think it has spit and polish of a AAA game now and is ready to release. Am really intrigued by it now after the latest showing.

it doesnt actually matter how good deathloop looks or not. people are mad because for some reason they expected god of war but got deathloop instead. what they dont get is that sony are just getting this out of the way now so they can focus on their own big stuff at another show. yesterdays state of play was the perfect way to get all the smaller stuff out of the way. now we can see what 2022 and beyond looks like for ps5.

John Wick

You guys can't handle it when someone criticizes your beloved. What a sad post lmao
I think you can't handle the fact they didn't show what you wanted to see even though they made it clear they weren't going to show it. So why watch it and then bitch about it?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
it doesnt actually matter how good deathloop looks or not. people are mad because for some reason they expected god of war but got deathloop instead. what they dont get is that sony are just getting this out of the way now so they can focus on their own big stuff at another show. yesterdays state of play was the perfect way to get all the smaller stuff out of the way. now we can see what 2022 and beyond looks like for ps5.
Yeah. And besides that, Deathloop is releasing in two months.

Just because they aren't ready to show God of War's trailer (or if they don't have the trailer ready yet), it does not mean that they can't/shouldn't show the game that is releasing in two months.

MastaKiiLA

The Sony event is rumored to be in August. So of course the idiotic complaints in the month of July.

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

People have always been this dumb. The internet just gave them a platform to make it known.

Last edited:

ksdixon

I was complaining too. I can't understand people's mindset where they sit there with Jim and Phill's dick in their mouths and make excuses for either company taking the piss out of them.

"Wait for next E3" and "Phill's only just getting started, give him time" are just as bad as "Sony gotta knock these upcoming games out, then we'll hear official announcements about rumor x" or "Jim didn't say what you think he did with 'we believe in generations'".

The ironic thing is that they're too sides of the same coin. XB/GP got that BC down pat. Sony got those new blockbuster AAA games on point. But they both are lacking. My problem with MS is the laziness and no effort, just buy your way out of the problem. My problem with Sony is the stupidy, they have the tools and the talent to offer everything MS does and blockbuster AAA, and they keep fucking up.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Only game of interest to me was FIST but even then, it's 50/50. Will wait to see if it's actually good or not.

LMJ

The SOP was EXACTLY what Sony said and still the whining oh the whining!

who framed roger rabbit crying GIF

I repeat, we saw this same doom and gloom after MS first next gen reveal (as bad as that was) with all the concern trolling etc

Sony is teh doomed

Ohnos Sony has nutting to shows

Yikes Sony is going in Unprepareds

And then a bit after that Sony had the wildly successful PS5 showcase featuring numerous games including many launch titles...

SONY HAS A SHOW COMING, they have never gone without some kind of big show in the summer (yes even when they skipped E3) this concern from some of you is laughable...

ksdixon

Every year the same concern trolling. "They have nothing".
Every. Single. Year.
Really? You're gonna go with this? We know they have things... And they have even more that's rumored. Let me just list off the top of my head for a sec....
  1. TLOU2 Factions
  2. TLOU1 Remake
  3. GOW2
  4. GT7
  5. HFW
  6. PS5 VR (gloves? games? hardware?)
  7. DualSense V2/Pro Controller updates(lawsuit over stick drift/breaking gears in triggers, patents for removable screen rather than touchpad, PS4 back button accessory selling like hotcakes and no back buttons on PS5 controller?)
  8. PS5 OS - return of PS4 features like themes, folders, sorting options.
  9. PS5 OS - what was that thing about expanded Create button, and chopping up bits of gameplay to share with friends/curated challenge playlists?
  10. PS Home 2.0 rumor
  11. PSN/PStore 2.0 rumor
  12. PSNow/PS+ expansion/merger rumor with possible more BC support
  13. Killzone MP rumor
  14. SOCOM 2 Remake rumor
  15. BluePoint Games purchase rumor
  16. KojimaPro exclusive to PS or not?
  17. ArcSystemWorks purchase rumor following on from basically buying EVO
  18. MGS Remake/Remake Collection rumor
  19. Silent Hill Remake rumor
  20. CastleVania rumor
  21. BloodBourne Remastered rumor
  22. So-called "Remaster Engine" from HipHopGamer, whom doubled and tripled down on this as Sony's forthcoming BC solution even after Ryan's comments to the contrary. Well... BP's DS is supposed to use the same PS3 code underneath prettier graphics and some minor tweaks, right? Tell us if it's real etc.
Fuck it, there's 22 already.
So we want Sony to talk about things we already know about, rumors we think we know about, we want new surprises. And what do we get? SILENCE, CROSS GEN, INDIES & FUCKING DEATHLOOP AGAIN!?

GTFO of here with that shit, Sony. Arrogant fucks.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Every year the same concern trolling. "They have nothing".
Every. Single. Year.
Well to be fair they had nothing in 2019. So those concern trolls in 2019 were right at least that one year.

The Sony event is rumored to be in August. So of course the idiotic complaints in the month of July.

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

People have always been this dumb. The internet just gave them a platform to make it known.
No. It was rumored to be in June. Then it was rumored to be in July. Now its rumored to be in August.

And that August rumor came from 4chan. The bastion of integrity.

I dont know whats more idiotic. People falling for 4chan rumors month after month or people assuming Sony wont have anything which is not something anyone here have speculated. Everyone just wants Sony to show more. I actually went back two pages and searched for "nothing" and all I see are people complaining about people saying Sony has nothing to show, but I dont see anyone actually making that argument.

Worst thing I have seen is that people want Sony to just announce an event so we can stop hanging on to 4chan rumors and have something more concrete than just we will have some updates. I really dont know why this is so controversial. EVERYONE here wants Sony to show more. Why are we even fighting amongst ourselves here? This is like dumb Civil War. At least Iron Man was pissed at Captain America for protecting his mom's murderer.

EDIT: Anyway, I am done discussing this. If someone wants to reply thats fine, but I wont be replying back here and might just take it to PM. We are just going in circles and neither side wants to see the other side's point of view.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Deathloop is AA, indie tier production. If it's priced above $40 is gonna be a armed robbery.
It's dishonoured with retro coat of paint and time loop mechanic. It's boring, shown too much whilst explaining too little, and hyped way too much to gloss over the embarrassment that MS now own it. It's also only timed exclusive, so we know MS is gonna plop that shit onto GP as soon as it can, just like Redfall. I expect it to sell like shit and for most people to stop talking about it 1 month after its release. The fake hype over it is really sad to see.

Last edited:
It's dishonoured with reto coat of paint and time loop mechanic. It's boring, shown too much whilst explaining too little, and hyped way too much to gloss over the embarrassment that MS now own it. It's also only timed exclusive, so we know MS is gonna plop that shit onto GP as soon as it can, just like Redfall. I expect it to sell like shit and for most people to stop talking about it 1 month after its release. The fake hype over it is really sad to see.
There's hype for DeathLoop? It's going to be PS5's first flop. I mean, considering the treatment it's getting and the money Sony paid to keep exclusive for a year.

R6Rider

Gold Member
-
There's hype for DeathLoop? It's going to be PS5's first flop. I mean, considering the treatment it's getting and the money Sony paid to keep exclusive for a year.
Pretty sure Godfall and more so Destruction All-Stars were flops, and will probably still be worse off despite the pre-release "Deathloop bad" bandwagon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom