• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | September 13th, 2022

mansoor1980

Gold Member
western studios are ahead of sony japan

LastOptimalBrant-max-1mb.gif

Pejo

That SoP was WAY better than the last 3 or 4 combined.

Fucking hyped for Mecha game, Project Eve (Stellar Blade - kinda a worse name), Rise of the Ronin, and that GoW Trailer, dayum....

This is 100% the first Sony event I've had a positive outlook on in for-fuckin'-ever.

Damn today was a good day to play video games....

skit_data

Ok, I wasn’t at all underwhelmed actually. Not mind blowing either (outside or Ragnarök, which had it’s best showing yet by far) but they clearly delivered more than I expected.

Haggard

Banned
Well, GoW:R still looks like a DLC/Addon as there is literally no visible technical progress. I´m sure it will be a great game, but it`s just so...disappointing.

But Stellar Blade and Ronin (2024, yikes!) look like they could be fun for a while.

Last edited:

Amiga

Team Ninjas interns are destroying both Ghost of Tsushima and the Assassins' Creed franchise in one game. Sucker Punch needs to go back to the drawing board after this.

panda table flip GIF

Edit: Console exclusive to PlayStation explains why MS paid for Wo Long.
Team Ninja playing Sony and MS like Yojimbo. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Sony diving head first into ronin games.

Gow looks cool. I liked the controller collets but could do without the wolves.

tmlDan

Well, GoW:R still looks like a DLC/Addon as there is literally no visible technical progress. I´m sure it will be a great game, but it`s just so...disappointing.

But Stellar Blade and Ronin (2024, yikes!) look like they could be fun for a while.
wtf LOL

Dynasty8

I turned it off at the GoW: R trailer to prevent any spoilers. I'm going complete blackout mode for that game.... but damn, Rise of the Ronin looks pretty awesome.

Aion002

I liked.

Short and sweet.

I can't wait for the Ronin game and Yakuza Ishin is day 1 for me!

Also, cool GoW Ragnarok trailer!

Reactions: Isa
I liked Project Eve, thought it looked good and the combat appears decent. The rest I didn’t care for, I know I’m very much in a minority that doesn’t care for God of War.

I think I’m going through gaming fatigue or something because most of these shows this year, apart from one or two announcements, I get zero hype for and is a lame feeling.

We are two years into the generation and not much is exciting me.

Pejo

I turned it off at the GoW: R trailer to prevent any spoilers. I'm going complete blackout mode for that game.... but damn, Rise of the Ronin looks pretty awesome.
Honestly that was a good decision, I saw way too much from this trailer. Their trailers up to this point haven't shown many setpieces or story bits, but this one was big ol' spoiler central. Impressive as fuck though.

Doom85

Pretty solid SOP. Some good new announcements and updates. Honestly the only thing I wasn’t interested in were the VR titles, everything else looked interesting.

GOW looks good...ronin gotta see more. Solid 7/10 if you care about tekken...6/10 other wise. GOW looks better than ever. Can't wait. love thats there more biomes than the first.

Darchaos

With Tekken 8, Ronin and GoW they atleast try to bring gaming forward, not backwards as the company and theyre presentation earlier today. But dont include the shit with the controller and the other ps-premium shit, just let the games talk.

That SoP was WAY better than the last 3 or 4 combined.

Fucking hyped for Mecha game, Project Eve (Stellar Blade - kinda a worse name), Rise of the Ronin, and that GoW Trailer, dayum....

This is 100% the first Sony event I've had a positive outlook on in for-fuckin'-ever.

Damn today was a good day to play video games....
You didn't like the state of play where they announced RE4 Remake, reintroduced FFXVI, etc? The one from June?

About this SOP...this was much better than i expected. New Tekken game, Rise of the Ronin looked decent, Project Eve was back as well, that God of War trailer was hype as fuck, a remake of Yakuza Ishin coming out early 2023...honestly, this was really good.

Never expected Sony to snatch a Team Ninja console exclusive in 2022 tbh.

CamHostage

I thought while watching this that SoP was catastrophic compared to the Nintendo show earlier today (especially with it seemingly ending on the controller reveal)... but now going through all the games actually shown, I actually like a lot of them and am excited to see more of the surprises.

some of the graphics looked a bit ropey. Maybe that was the youtube compression.

Most exciting bit for me was Demeon. A table-top VR game means we should see more than FPS' and racers in the future, that's great. A VR Divinity or Pathfinder would be interesting.

TidusYuna

Damn, God of War looks amazing! Can't wait to see what Santa Monica does when they make a game exclusively for the PS5 and aren't being held back by the PS4.

Shifty1897

Well... I'm glad other people were hyped for what they saw, but I saw a bunch of meh alongside a came slated for 2024 and a game everyone was already sold on and is coming in two months anyway.

Top Bottom