• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

epmode

Maybe try to change the Steam server.

Just tried switching to a few different US and European servers. Also tried switching to the regular client, then back to the beta. Didn't help.

Steam support's website is terrible, BTW. There simply isn't a category that matches this issue. I know what will happen already: I'm going to wait several days only to have the support guy respond with an unhelpful canned response that pushes me to the back of the queue.

Has anyone here ever had a pre-purchased Steam game refuse to unlock? I'm stuck at Preloading even after rebooting my computer and reinstalling Street Fighter 5. My key came from GMG.

I've opened a ticket with Steam but I figure they'll take a week to get back to me.

I'd really appreciate advice from someone that's had the same problem. It doesn't seem to be a common issue though.

If you look at your downloads, does the pre-loaded game have an arrow-pointing-up icon on the right side, above the VIEW NEWS link? If so, try clicking that.

epmode

Ucchedavāda;195542240 said:
If you look at your downloads, does the pre-loaded game have an arrow-pointing-up icon on the right side, above the VIEW NEWS link? If so, try clicking that.

It doesn't.

Get this: If I uninstall the game, reboot my computer, restart Steam and check the Library tab, the game appears with a big PRE-LOAD graphic instead of INSTALL. I'm thinking this is a server side problem.

edit: I just installed Steam on another computer. Works fine. So it's clearly not server-side. Not sure how to fix it here though.

edit edit: Remotely installing from steampowered.com corrected it. WEIRD.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

It doesn't.

Get this: If I uninstall the game, reboot my computer, restart Steam and check the Library tab, the game appears with a big PRE-LOAD graphic instead of INSTALL. I'm thinking this is a server side problem.

edit: I just installed Steam on another computer. Works fine. So it's clearly not server-side. Not sure how to fix it here though.
In the good old days, you could delete the clientregistry.blob file in your Steam folder to make your client redownload that info. But mine is only 1kb, so I guess they deprecated that file. It might be worth googling to identify the modern equivalent.

epmode

Ucchedavāda;195543587 said:
In the good old days, you could delete the clientregistry.blob file in your Steam folder to make your client redownload that info. But mine is only 1kb, so I guess they deprecated that file. It might be worth googling to identify the modern equivalent.

Haha, I tried deleting every file in the root directory except for Steam.exe. Didn't help.

The remote installation thing corrected it though. And now I can install from the client just fine. Such a strange issue.

I love the concept! Adult swim should copy that idea and make a game for Metalocalypse.

I'm going to have to check it out a again. I loved the Gamecube and there are quite a few games I haven't played since my Wii with Gamecube compatibility died.

I vastly prefer giant expansions to smaller ones. One shivering isles outdoes all of fallout 3's small ones. I found it hard to get back into a game for a smaller expansion, but a giant one that'll grab me for 20+ hours? Yep, I'm in.

Both ways are good with me. I think I generally enjoy smaller DLC. The larger expansion packs seem to take forever and sometimes they are so close to being a separate game, I rather they finish up and make it a separate game.However it just depends on the quality.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it just me, or am I crazy in thinking that LEGO Jurassic World seems like the first WB Lego game that hasn't been $5 within 8 months of releasing? I guess that's just the world we live in now.

Dr Dogg

Cammy has the potential to be a monster in the right hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIyy-qjXX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LwKKiAvHM

Hopefully all the troubles will be washed away by the time I get up tomorrow. Well at least having Battle Lounges functioning would be a start.

Is it just me, or am I crazy in thinking that LEGO Jurassic World seems like the first WB Lego game that hasn't been $5 within 8 months of releasing? I guess that's just the world we live in now.

I think I picked it up for £5-6 just after Christmas. Don't know why as I'm swimming in unstarted LEGO games as it is.

Nzyme32

The SFV reviews on Steam are deseveredly quite low. Didn't realise how much is simply not in the PC version, or any version for that matter. At least they have their timeline available, but even if they follow it, there some Early Access games that have been more feature complete and speedier with their updates.

All that being said, I really like the idea of games having a properly laid out plan / timeline for what will happen for feature additions / changes etc. Homeworld Deserts of Kharak is one I am particularly eyeing up. Their plan would solve all the issue I know of, so I'm just going to wait for them to complete it all. Same for SFV, or at least till the story mode is out and the control issue are worked out

Momentary

Banned
Street Fighter V originally had a later release date. For some dumbass reason they wanted to rush it so that it could be in some tournaments that casuals give two shits about. This game is getting so much bad word or mouth right now it's ridiculous. The game deserves the rating it has right now. This was an abysmal launch. It's up there with MKX. The online was fantastic when I actually got matches. I played against rookiejet on the easternm side of Canada from southern Cali and got a SMOOTH match.

gelf

The SFV reviews on Steam are deseveredly quite low. Didn't realise how much is simply not in the PC version, or any version for that matter. At least they have their timeline available, but even if they follow it, there some Early Access games that have been more feature complete and speedier with their updates.

All that being said, I really like the idea of games having a properly laid out plan / timeline for what will happen for feature additions / changes etc. Homeworld Deserts of Kharak is one I am particularly eyeing up. Their plan would solve all the issue I know of, so I'm just going to wait for them to complete it all. Same for SFV, or at least till the story mode is out and the control issue are worked out

I was content knowing the timeline, it seemed fair enough at the time. But that was based on the assumption basic things like proper control options where in and that it would have the arcade mode that has been in every fighting game ever. That mode isn't even on the plan and its looking like the upcoming story mode is no replacement for it as its just a 2 hour thing where like the Mortal Kombat mode it just picks the characters for you as you go along.

I can't see myself picking up the game for a long long time now.

Vamphuntr

The Street Fighter V situation seems a bit weird to me. Didn't they have a beta on steam? Looking at the Steam forum it appears to be missing some basic features like keys rebinding and Dinput devices support.

Servers getting hammered at launch of big games is nothing new though.

I've been thinking how it's easy to review bomb a game on steam (or on the opposite to oversell a game through reviews). Some reviews show that the player played the game for 0,1 hours. That's 6 minutes.

PranooY

DUW9izA.png
Jet Set Radio is free on steam.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Some reviews show that the player played the game for 0,1 hours. That's 6 minutes.

Well since they count hours with 0.1 hour between each at that low amount of playtime they could play between 0.05<x<0.15 to get a 0.1 hour on the profile which would be between 3 and 9 minutes.

Really important.

I motion to rename him to BernardoTwo in celebration of this day.

And in other news... Trine 2 is incredibly boring. I don't even know why I'm playing it. Gameplay might as well be automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom