• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Am I doing this right?

more like
maxresdefault.jpg

Khronico

Crap that BLOPS3 MP pack is tempting
That's all I wanted to play anyways, from everything I've heard the campaign is trash and I don't care about zombies.

Hmmmm

Red Hood

Banned
They only show your screenshots or some Dev created ones.

I don't have any screenshots myself, so is there a way to disable these dev created ones? And if not, any custom skins out there that disables them? I've more than once seen images that could be considered spoilers, and I want to prevent that for games I haven't played yet.

Dr Dogg

Well I've run the numbers and it will take 1,480,000 Fight Monies to buy everything in Season One of SFV. That's the 6 Characters and the 16+6 Story Costumes (although if the DLC Characters don't have a different outfit then the total is 1,240,000). Right now after doing the Story Mode stuff and a couple of Survival challenges I'm sat at 170K but I think it will top out at around the 400K mark so the rest is going to have to be from ranked wins and Daily Challenge stuff added in March (plus some other additional stuff I guess). So basically yeah fuck it I caved in and bought the Season Pass for a sort of functioning game!

Anyhoo after giving everyone a spin I can say Mika is a tank that can potentially run through anyone, Rashid is surprisingly fun to play as and has a lot of options, Laura has some great potential but my word did that story mode segment turn me off playing as her (and I'm not even talking about here bonkers swap costume). Bit of adjustment period needed for Ken and Cammy with timings, new combos and such (plus Cammy now has a standing roundhouse worth even using as well as a ridiculous forward roundhouse) but they're both like riding a bike. But I think I'm going to spend a fair old whack of time messing about with Nash as the combo potential there is crazy.

And I suppose I may as well abuse this post by dumping this here again.

For the new page with updated Spreadsheetedness!!!

Right then boys and girls seeing as this is a pain in the arse to do in game let's try this...

Google Form to Submit Your Details

**Spreadsheet**

If you need to grab your permalink Steam ID check your profile under Enhanced Steam or on AStats. If you can't or struggle to find it don't worry I'm going to clean up the Spreadsheet before posting it as it's open to the public to make things easier so will more than likely full of rubbish that needs tidying up.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It's a 540p 2D game being up-ressed to 1080p.

Just be glad you're getting it, and it runs at 60fps.

Yeah, there wasn't really much that could be done unless they wanted to redo every single asset for the port. I wouldn't expect something quite as extensive for Spike-Chunsoft's first outing. There will likely be some mods out to swap out the blurry UI elements for cleaner replications at least.

Shantom

The other PSP port this month is Disgaea. Was this posted here?

T-G: What can you tell us about the technical performance of Disgaea PC– what’s the maximum resolution and framerate for the game?

NIS Staff: The game’s resolution is 960 x 544 at 60 FPS. In regards to the resolution, we upscaled from the PSP resolution (480 x 272) to high resolution. It’s made so that users can change their window size to their liking, while keeping the same aspect ratio.
That’s the reason I said 960 x 544. However, it’s possible to set the resolution to more or less than 960 x 544. (It’s also possible to fit it to your monitor size, even on 4:3 monitors.) Because of the fact that there are various PC setups, instead of making it so that it’s fixed, we made it changeable. However, increasing the resolution would require high specs, so I leave it up to the users to figure out what works best for them and their setup. Because of the fact that every PC has a different environment, unlike on consoles, taking into account these differences in each user’s environment, and not just the resolution, was something that we had the most difficult time with.

Source

The problem is that it isn't a pure 2d game. The shortcuts they took at 540p just look wrong. At least there is the option of playing it in a tiny window.

Yes, it isn't a pure 2D game - but the majority of the game, and literally every single scene that matters unfolds in 2D.

Completely re-doing the assets for a market where this is their first game doesn't make sense. DR1 and DR2 are gonna look like kinda... Poo, but they're such amazing games I hope most people will be able to look past that.

epmode

Has anyone here ever had a pre-purchased Steam game refuse to unlock? I'm stuck at Preloading even after rebooting my computer and reinstalling Street Fighter 5. My key came from GMG.

I've opened a ticket with Steam but I figure they'll take a week to get back to me.

I'd really appreciate advice from someone that's had the same problem. It doesn't seem to be a common issue though.

Has anyone here ever had a pre-purchased Steam game refuse to unlock? I'm stuck at Preloading even after rebooting my computer and reinstalling Street Fighter 5. My key came from GMG.

I've opened a ticket with Steam but I figure they'll take a week to get back to me.

I'd really appreciate advice from someone that's had the same problem. It doesn't seem to be a common issue though.

Do you have enough HDD space where it's unpacking

Wok

Maybe try to change the Steam server.

Jawmuncher

Overall for Danganronpa PC, if it's your first time playing don't let the small issues bother you. If you're double dipping you might as well wait anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom