• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If it helps, I haven't been able to log in with my account today anyway...

Good luck getting that sorted :|

On a happier note:

capturep2rcu.png
Uninstall GFWL and reinstall. That usually does the trick.

Knurek

So, all of you people gushing about The Swapper, what are your thoughts on Gateways?

It totally did the whole 'puzzle metroidvania with clones' shtick before Swapper. Can't say I cared much for the final puzzle, couldn't solve it even with a Youtube video showing a solution, but everything before that was great.

Highly recommended if you finished Swapper and are in the mood for more.

Haha, it's just that I never initiate a conversation on Steam so adding folks myself feels pointless. On the other side of the coin, though, if people want me on their friends list, I'm all for it!

Yeah, people, add JaseC, he's a great guy to have in your friendlist - he makes all your frivolous cash spending look totally insignificant by comparison. :)

Xanathus

Here's a crapload of Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 keys that I grabbed for free a long time ago and stuck into a text file. I was thinking of just handing them out like free candy to little children but then I forgot about it. I have no clue if any of them are still working so there's no guarantees.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #22 -- MB-45D33084DCDB1044 - Taken by schuey7
Mystery Game #23 -- MB-3D726C149685E49E - Taken by _hekk05
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-BC52EA1A27418862 - Taken by jmizzal
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-5AF590D338E04117 - Taken by user237
Mystery Game #26 -- MB-D2745209B13A1576 - Taken by Relax.MX
Mystery Game #27 -- MB-7D690D158AD883E9 - Taken by Bonfires Down
Mystery Game #24 -- MB-5EEB7DB2B888FE87 - Taken by Reg
Mystery Game #25 -- MB-5A66213544815B94 - Taken by Volimar
Mystery Game #28 -- MB-CCA7D053DCC51675 - Taken by Dambrosi
Mystery Game #29 -- MB-4DCEDF436BBAB80A - Taken by Rand6
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-3AA6F96EF78AC0ED - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-75B59C4D7166948C - Taken by Gez
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-DC738B7FFCE0E39D - Taken by denx
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-1B279D9A51602D45 - Taken by TheLucifer
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-42CA73E71F00CA6A - Taken by Vecks
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-A2A7F6CDDBA51691 - Taken by Seagoon
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-E7F4669F765B8EA9 - Taken by dinopoke
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-FB246A92F519D20D - Taken by Pestilence11
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-E7B370AA8131FBE7 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-9FC123CA24664D4D - Taken by Soule
Mystery Game #30 -- MB-93A027BE5C5F414F - Taken by bornlivedie
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-EA0A18DFCC732FEA - Taken by Tellaerin
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-79E9B761F5F29E2E - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-700690443F13F453 - Taken by Melted77
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-EBEA81514BDB6E0A - Taken by Motorbreath
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-7A43D9B3DA380A5F - Taken by ricochetguro
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-1D18EB9C16D6CD20 - Taken by Mavromatis
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-B1BCC014862EB016 - Taken by Peachblossom
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-08E5BF883E1E04D2 - Taken by Tolerance
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-BB0541EC6D2C41CC - Taken by fosholv

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Trying to reset my forgotten Xbox Live password that was tied to a dead e-mail address was a greater quest to overcome than Dark Souls itself. Godspeed.

If it helps, I haven't been able to log in with my account today anyway...

I can log in with my regular hotmail (which is, in turn, used irregularly), as it's the only one I know. But apparently, going by the file systems in Dark Souls and such, I assigned the game's key to something like EatChildrenAU.

But I don't even know what that is! I can't log in with EatChildrenAU + password, because GFWL demands a full address like EatChildrenAU@hotmail.com. I'm fairly certain I never made one of those, and always used just EatChildrenAU.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

Here's a crapload of Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 keys that I grabbed for free a long time ago and stuck into a text file. I was thinking of just handing them out like free candy to little children but then I forgot about it. I have no clue if any of them are still working so there's no guarantees.

Thanks!

Turfster

Great, 5 minutes after I went to bed early because I have to be up at this godforsaken hour, there was an epic mgr giveaway apparently...
*reads more backlog about valve event*

Relax.MX

denx

maty

Thanks Xanathus.

jmizzal

cool giveaway thanks

Also thinking bout buying Starbound, might wait a lil while longer

Xanathus

I appreciate the thanks but can we not spam the thread with it? I'll automatically assume that anyone taking it is thankful :)
Thanks ModBot Xanathus for PoD 3! :)

Thanks Xanathus!

Thanks Xanathus.

Thanks, Xan.

cool giveaway thanks

Also thinking bout buying Starbound, might wait a lil while longer

Dambrosi

Banned
...I was about to thank Zan for his amazing generosity, but apparently that's thread spam now, so I won't bother.

:p

Anyway, orf to bed until HIBX rolls around!

AScotAbroad: I'm honestly expecting the Humble boys to make you pay through the nose for the Master Race Tier, relatively speaking. Either that, or put some other restriction on the tiered games, like "no gifting" or some such.

Hope this supposed limited tier for HBX isn't true...I'm in Melbourne and by the time I wake up tomorrow it will have been running for hours. If it's limited I expect key-resellers to jump on it and snap them up pretty quickly. Am I being paranoid or should I set an alarm?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hope this supposed limited tier for HBX isn't true...I'm in Melbourne and by the time I wake up tomorrow it will have been running for hours. If it's limited I expect key-resellers to jump on it and snap them up pretty quickly. Am I being paranoid or should I set an alarm?
Set the alarm or tell a gaffer to help ya.

Coldsun

Banned
Definitely not being paranoid. I expect keysalers and tons of die-hard buyers will be pounding away at the site as soon as it goes live.

Knurek

You know that it's probably just going to be a T-shirt, a poster or some other physical reward?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
An Acti member staff told me that they won't remove the first ASM because of the agreement with Sony... but we don't know... it's Acti and they can do whatever they want!

Yeah, it's safe for now, but all bets are off once Acti's financial year comes to an end. We should start taking bets on what Acti will drop next. There's:

- The licences associated with Monster Jam
- Cabela's (the hunting games)
- Family Guy
- Fast and Furious
- Ice Age
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Walking Dead
- Tony Hawk
- Transformers

What do you mean limited?

I won Mystery Game #7 and I'll not be around for 20 days.
So it'll be a big mystery for me.

Yeah, it's safe for now, but all bets are off once Acti's financial year comes to an end. We should start taking bets on what Acti will drop next. There's:

- Family Guy
- Fast and Furious
- Ice Age
- The Walking Dead
- Tony Hawk
- Transformers

Transformers could be the next to be dropped....

grim-tales

Was there a rumour recently that Ever 17 would make it onto Steam at one point? I recently got Steam to see what would happen, so Just wondering if there was anything in the rumor or it was nonsense.

schuey7

I won game no #22. Thanks ,now to try it out on my computer at home later.

If it's something physical or even a collection of previous HB games, I wouldn't be interested. If it was a bunch more games for $15 or something though then I would bite. Hmmm....what to do...

- Family Guy
- Fast and Furious
- Ice Age
- The Walking Dead
- Tony Hawk
- Transformers

What I don't get is why Activision (and others) don't make a big deal out of it. You know "the game will be removed in two weeks, buy it now!"

You think they would get a lot of sales from people on the fence.

Turfster

What I don't get is why Activision (and others) don't make a big deal out of it. You know "the game will be removed in two weeks, buy it now!"

You think they would get a lot of sales from people on the fence.

By that time, the property has probably already been written off/compensated for, so the amount of fucks given by the suits is probably less than zero.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's no way they'll drop the Transformers license with a new move coming out. They'll try to capitalize off of that at least.

We're looking to early 2015, not this year -- Acti's already dropped what it's deemed useless (its Marvel contract with the exception of Spider-Man). It's worth noting that Skyfall's success didn't stop Acti from ditching the James Bond licence just three months later.

Transformers could be the next to be dropped....

Family Guy and Ice Age seem like the most obvious candidates to me but it basically boils down to how much money Acti would be refunded -- if come January 2015 there's just, say, three months remaining on the agreement, or the licence cost peanuts in the first place, then Acti would probably make more bank by discounting the game/s instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom