• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family Guy and Ice Age seem like the most obvious candidates to me but it basically boils down to how much money Acti would be refunded -- if come January 2015 there's just, say, three months remaining on the agreement, or the licence cost peanuts in the first place, then Acti would probably make more bank by discounting them instead.

If an Activision game goes for 75% off in steam it probably means they are ditching the license and trying to make as much money as possible before that. We all know Activision don't like big discounts.

Persona7

Banned
If it's something physical or even a collection of previous HB games, I wouldn't be interested. If it was a bunch more games for $15 or something though then I would bite. Hmmm....what to do...

I bet those 1000 sales will be made before I can even click the damn mouse

xJavonta

Banned
So stoked to find out what the new Humble Bundle is, tomorrow I'm staying in all day because of the weather too so it'll be a chill day (no pun intended)

Turfster

I bet those 1000 sales will be made before I can even click the damn mouse

Bots man. They're fast.
Still, you'll be able to buy a link off ebay for a dollar less than market value of all the games!
(Seriously, this limited thing is a trainwreck waiting to happen if it's the first 1000)

We're looking to early 2015, not this year -- Acti's already dropped what it's deemed useless (its Marvel contract with the exception of Spider-Man). It's worth noting that Skyfall's success didn't stop Acti from ditching the James Bond licence just three months later.

Family Guy and Ice Age seem like the most obvious candidates to me but it basically boils down to how much money Acti would be refunded -- if come January 2015 there's just, say, three months remaining on the agreement, or the licence cost peanuts in the first place, then Acti would probably make more bank by discounting the game/s instead.

I agree with you, but you know it's Activision, do you think that they are going to that?

If an Activision game goes for 75% off in steam it probably means they are ditching the license and trying to make as much money as possible before that. We all know Activision don't like big discounts.

That's why Transfomers came to to my mind, since it was 75% off, but we don't what will happen, Acti is Acti.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I agree with you, but you know it's Activision, do you think that they are going to that?

Discount games rather than dump the associated licences? It's impossible to say without being privy to the particular length of the contracts, which is why I just assume the worst.

Edit: Trials just got a patch. I have no idea what it does but now that Ubi is awake maybe it'll push through the patch for Anno soon. ;)

Discount games rather than dump the associated licences? It's impossible to say without being privy to the particular length of the contracts, which is why I just assume the worst.

Edit: Trials just got a patch. I have no idea what it does but now that Ubi is awake maybe it'll push through the patch for Anno soon. ;)

And we can wait everything from Activision, but as you said, "better safe than sorry"

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Bots man. They're fast.
Still, you'll be able to buy a link off ebay for a dollar less than market value of all the games!
(Seriously, this limited thing is a trainwreck waiting to happen if it's the first 1000)

I think it's much more likely to be a high priced bundle, like the Double Fine bundle that had t-shirts available to those who paid $70 or over. It'll help drive the average price up. It won't just be to the first 1000 to buy the bundle.

Turfster

I think it's much more likely to be a high priced bundle, like the Double Fine bundle that had t-shirts available to those who paid $70 or over. It'll help drive the average price up. It won't just be to the first 1000 to buy the bundle.

Also an option.

Knurek

Was there a rumour recently that Ever 17 would make it onto Steam at one point? I recently got Steam to see what would happen, so Just wondering if there was anything in the rumor or it was nonsense.

CyberFront, japanese holder of IP rights to the title went out of business recently, Jast USA mentioned on twitter that they will try to get ahold of rights for future distribution.

Still, given they said they have *plans* to *look into* getting into Steam for Steins;Gate and haven't done anything in that regard since then, I wouldn't expect Ever 17 to come out on Steam before 2017
or 2034 :D

Divius

Anything happen at the Valve presentation?

I see the internet has not exploded so I guess no HL3 but mostly steambox/steamOS talk with a Valve representative talking in vague terms while not naming any dates per ValveTime.

Smash88

Banned
I can't sleep.

My building is making extremely loud popping sounds because of the cold weather. Shit is annoying.

And I still don't have Prey. Hawkie I sent you a PM.

Arthea

CyberFront, japanese holder of IP rights to the title went out of business recently, Jast USA mentioned on twitter that they will try to get ahold of rights for future distribution.

Still, given they said they have *plans* to *look into* getting into Steam for Steins;Gate and haven't done anything in that regard since then, I wouldn't expect Ever 17 to come out on Steam before 2017
or 2034 :D
Why owners of Ever 17 went out of business exactly? I didn't know.

I was hoping that Steins Gate will be released on steam, being so popular and all. As I said many times earlier, it would make no sense not to release it on steam. It's one of the best VNs after all.

I can't sleep.

My building is making extremely loud popping sounds because of the cold weather. Shit is annoying.

And I still don't have Prey. Hawkie I sent you a PM.

By this I assume nobody of UK steam gaf did buying Prey in quantities? Is it still available?

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah, it's safe for now, but all bets are off once Acti's financial year comes to an end. We should start taking bets on what Acti will drop next. There's:

- The licences associated with Monster Jam
- Cabela's (the hunting games)
- Family Guy
- Fast and Furious
- Ice Age
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Walking Dead
- Tony Hawk
- Transformers

All these outside Transformers, are atrocious. Tony Hawk was ok but the PC port is bad.

Arthea

is there something wrong with Steam Community? it displays in Thai for me on Chrome..

I was interested in it too, mine steam community got broken during sales and didn't fix itself after. I can't search for people, sometimes I can't add them, old glitch I was experiencing (comments of people with private profiles not showing) seems to be back, but the market seems to work better.

Smash88

Banned
By this I assume nobody of UK steam gaf did buying Prey in quantities? Is it still available?

No one went to buy anything in bulk, that I know of. And the ones that had copies lying around were given to other gaffers - I fell asleep. D:

But CyberQuake has offered to get me a copy. But Hawkie has offered as well and he has copies on hand, I just don't know if someone else snatched it up or he is asleep and missed my PM.

Only time will tell.

Can I redeem my retail copy from back in the day?

Yes.

Arthea

I really really hope that Acti won't drop Transformers before I buy those. Is there any signs they'll do that? I mean War is more than 3 years old already and Fall isn't new either.

No one went to buy anything in bulk, that I know of. And the ones that had copies lying around were given to other gaffers.

Oh well, it seems I was fated not to have it after all.

Neat! Suppose I should check if any of my other games can be redeemed sometime. I remember Prey being pretty neat even if it became laughably easy because of spirit walking. Also remember it being shockingly grisly at times, there some pretty nasty stuff in the game.

Divius

Neat! Suppose I should check if any of my other games can be redeemed sometime. I remember Prey being pretty neat even if it became laughably easy because of spirit walking. Also remember it being shockingly grisly at times, there some pretty nasty stuff in the game.
Huge vagina's everywhere

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's safe for now, but all bets are off once Acti's financial year comes to an end. We should start taking bets on what Acti will drop next. There's:

- The licences associated with Monster Jam
- Cabela's (the hunting games)
- Family Guy
- Fast and Furious
- Ice Age
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Walking Dead
- Tony Hawk
- Transformers
The Transformers games look cool (and I'm not a fan of the TV show/movies/comics/whatever media they first appeared in), so I may have to grab them sometime. Are they any fun to play?

The_Monk

Morning everyone, hope everyone's fine. Let's check what the new bundle will be about today shall we? Hoping for something interesting!

Hasney

The Transformers games look cool (and I'm not a fan of the TV show/movies/comics/whatever media they first appeared in), so I may have to grab them sometime. Are they any fun to play?

They've got their fans, especially the second one. Personally, I found them to be very dull TPS games.

Tellaerin

I guess that is where I was going with the question. I think a thread for each bundle and associated giveaways can only help matters from getting out of hand. There is obviously amazing generosity such as the MGR giveaway running at the moment, but I feel the indie keys are quite a different thing on a couple of different levels.

I don't really like that idea, myself. : / I feel that keeping everything in one place - giveaways, discussion, etc. - contributes to the sense of community in these threads. Sure, things can get a little spammy when a popular bundle drops and people start Modbotting keys, but it's nice to see the added activity and all the little discussions that pop up as a result. Encouraging everyone to either limit "thank you" posts to PM's or work them into regular posts to keep the noise down is a fair compromise, I think.

Echoplx

Oh my god I think they actually fixed the Trials PC port. Runs smooth as fuck now maxed out @ 2560x1440.

So much better.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Worked out how to make an offline GFWL account so I can play/save Dark Souls, though without online. Not fussed. Enjoy offline Dark Souls.

Question: Microsoft overhauled the way gamertags/live works about six months ago, yeah? I don't own an Xbox, and 99% of the games I play don't use GFWL, so I don't really know the details.

Is it possible that my Dark Souls key is registered to a gamertag account, so like "EatChildrenAU", that isn't associated with a typical GFWL login that's now required (eg: @hotmail, @live, etc). Was there a point where people merged their online gamertag logins with an @address login? That would explain why my key is registered, but I know not where.

Anteater

You mean those glasses? I think that's just from a Valve employee, not Valve itself.

Wasn't that why Jeri Ellsworth left?
(I'm operating on like, 2 hours of sleep, so take everything I'm currently saying with a truckload of salt)

I'm not sure, I haven't been following it, but I didn't see a thread on it so I thought I'd ask :D

It was this thing that was talked about a while back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718760

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
s94.png

Score!
First steamgame where i've "achieved" every achievement. Feels good. :)

I'm hyped for the new bundle - which means it's going to probably be a crippling disappointment :p

Do we have any hints/rumours over content?

Turfster

I'm hyped for the new bundle - which means it's going to probably be a crippling disappointment :p

The wildest rumors have been circulating.
Nothing concrete, though.
There's a couple of games in with a chance, since they got mac/linux ports, but other than that...

Volotaire

All speculation atm. I'm expecting Monaco, Chivalry, Dust in there as it hasn't been in a bundle yet and they've been released for a significant period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom