• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Pretty clear.

Is there any talk of how to handle key giveaways? With the new humble bundle coming I'm expecting 50 odd pages of "here are some spares > thanks for the spares!"
Maybe encourage or make it obligatory to thanks via PM.

If they dont follow instructions ban them from Modbot for a week or two.

Just played through Shelter. I had a fun badger adventure. My favorite moment was when a friend of mine messaged me, while I was playing, to call me "buttonbadger".

It's a short, sweet, palate cleanser, if you're looking for one of those.

Badgers.

Jawmuncher

They can just say thanks in one of their regular posts.
Thats what I have always done. You can say thanks and still be a part of the conversation.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Pretty clear.

Is there any talk of how to handle key giveaways? With the new humble bundle coming I'm expecting 50 odd pages of "here are some spares > thanks for the spares!"

I remember giveaways being done in the last big Humble Bundle thread, an idea is to simply move ModBot The Happening Mo Bot and any "thank you"s there

Th Instruction of "Thank you via PM" is also a solid one, and the route I prefer.

I remember giveaways being done in the last big Humble Bundle thread, an idea is to simply move ModBot The Happening Mo Bot and any "thank you"s there

Th Instruction of "Thank you via PM" is also a solid one, and the route I prefer.

I guess that is where I was going with the question. I think a thread for each bundle and associated giveaways can only help matters from getting out of hand. There is obviously amazing generosity such as the MGR giveaway running at the moment, but I feel the indie keys are quite a different thing on a couple of different levels.

Grief.exe

What are some great games that should be installed on my laptop for couch play with friends?

I have Sonic Racing Transformed installed right now.

What are some great games that should be installed on my laptop for couch play with friends?

Either of the Rayman games, Dirt 2 or 3, Skullgirls or KOF if you have them... Guacamelee with a friend can be a ton of fun too. The Trine series, maybe?

feel

Is this one supposed to be special? Anticipated games or something? I've seen more hype than usual about the upcoming bundle
It's main humble indie bundle #10, people are expecting it to be special to celebrate the milestone since #5 was also extra good. And it's been said that it's the first time they don't have a main bundle in December, so people are thinking they pushed it to January because it's full of big name popular indie games (like Papers Please, Gone Home, etc) and their devs wanted them to sell well during the Steam Holiday event.

Mairu

I don't expect Gone Home to be in the bundle tomorrow, but if it is, oh well. That's the game I play buying indies I don't have time to play during Steam sales :x

Cth

(local friends or steam friends?)

Sonic RT
Skullgirls
McPixel
SpeedRunners
Risk of Rain

denx

I think Portal 2 might support it if you enable it in the console?

You don't need to mess around with the console. As long as you have two 360 controllers plugged in, you can play local split-screen coop without any hassle.

Also, I'm gonna say there is no way Papers Please and Gone Home will make it to HIB X. They are both too recent and still sell well on sales to be included on this one. Maybe in HIB 11.

Samurai Gunn is a must have
Of couse Nidhogg when it releases

And that's all from me. I don't really play multiplayer games

Anteater

First one of 2014, its their 10th bundle, and they have a special starting tier for this one.

Should be good.

Can't wait!

excited-babyfzjdz.gif

Anustart

Just completed The Witcher 2. I enjoyed this game due in large part to it's "real" feel. You don't play some over powered world savior.

D3RANG3D

Castle Crashers
Bleed
0space
Verminian Trap
Speed Runners
KOF
SkullGirls
Magical Drop V
Risk of Rain
Spelunky
Two Brothers

Any of you anticipating Turbo Dismount?

You can play the web demo here: http://turbodismount.com/

Now the game may look kind of simplistic and dull, and it is relatively mechanically simple, but as a fan of the original Dismount games, I find it very addicting. Take Burnout's Crash Mode, put a fragile ragdoll in the midst of the vehicular chaos, and you have an idea of how Turbo Dismount works.

Around 12 hours from now I think

Let's get the party started early, shall we?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-05CC4336BF3BA465 - Taken by Soule. 5 entrants total.
Razor2: Hidden Skies -- MB-E05F1F53F076E27F - Taken by bkw. 7 entrants total.

t1389088721z1.png

Reminder for Grief.exe:

When the Eye of Sauron moves from Sega to another publisher, that publisher should be Konami or Capcom. I just had a conversation that reminded me that I NEED Hard Corps Uprising and all DLC immediately. (I also need RE4 put on Steam in some fashion... hence the mention of Capcom).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Reinstalled, booted up Dark Souls again today to get back into it, and I cannot for the life of me remember what my Games for Windows LIVE account is. It all seems changed, as I know I have only one @hotmail address, and though I can log in with that it's not tied to my Dark Souls key.

:/

Reinstalled, booted up Dark Souls again today to get back into it, and I cannot for the life of me remember what my Games for Windows LIVE account is. It all seems changed, as I know I have only one @hotmail address, and though I can log in with that it's not tied to my Dark Souls key.

:/

If it helps, I haven't been able to log in with my account today anyway...

Good luck getting that sorted :|

On a happier note:

capturep2rcu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom