• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I had to start a new game at the entrance of the Cirromon Caverns in Dust, I changed the difficulty to Tough on Abadis Forest because the game was too easy on Normal but then I read that the achievement doesn't unlock if you change the difficulty mid-play. Replaying the beginning didn't take so long since all dialogue is thankfully skippable and the combat is very enjoyable too.

Really liking the game. After the middle section I started to get mildly annoyed by hits that leave you with 1 hp, but I'm not even mad considering that in the 360 version those were actually 1-hit kills (shieeeet.gif).

Got up to the end of the Sorrowing Meadow. Those Necromancers were a bitch to deal with, serves me right for not upgrading Fidget's range attack beyond the absolute essential. I ignored them right to the very last mansion, until I realized they dropped the Lost Soul item I was needing for my best three blueprints. Lol.

Yeah, I just downloaded Furry: An Elysian Tale myself and am honestly shocked at how decent the combat system is. My only complaint is that Furry's twirl attack is mapped to the same "secondary attack" button that his throw is tied to. Also doing the "Izuna Drop" combo (XY, XXY) means doing that twirl attack in the air if you hold the button. Makes hammering out combos seem to be "luck" more than anything.

Surprise of the Steam sale for me.

Yes, I know the proper name, but having all the dialog voiced as "Furry, do this" makes the game more comedic for me.

Colin.

Was just checking CAG, to see if Tony updated the Amazon deals. From the 9th to the 18th, Brothers will be $8. Which is a really good price, IF you have the $5 promo credits.

Turfster

Was just checking CAG, to see if Tony updated the Amazon deals. From the 9th to the 18th, Brothers will be $8. Which is a really good price, IF you have the $5 promo credits.

8$ is a good price for Brothers, with or without promo credit.

Bundlestars Cities in Motion bundle. Basically, the first Cities in Motion with all 13 city DLCs for 4.41€

So what genre is Grimm exactly? I can't really tell from the video or screenshots. It seems like an Epic Mickey type of game which I can't say I was too fond of.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, none unlocked for me despite completing the game

I got them all, which are you having trouble with?

I know there are a couple where you need to get both brothers to do something, etc. otherwise they won't unlock.
But ones like the sheep and the rabbit shouldn't have any problems that I can think of and worked fine for me.

I got one after finishing it. Seams you have to go out of your way to do certain actions in certain chapters to get them. Looking over the list after finishing it they all seam cryptic but quite easy to do/work out. Or you could just cheat and get a guide.

They're not the usual progress achievements. It's all stuff you have to seek out for yourself.

I'm pretty certain I've done at least the rabbit thing, but maybe I should try again.

Tizoc

Do GMG discount codes stack? Like say I got a 30% discount code from them and they have a 25% discount code offer for pre-orders, can I combine them?
Thief 2014 for under $30 sounds tempting to me...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do GMG discount codes stack? Like say I got a 30% discount code from them and they have a 25% discount code offer for pre-orders, can I combine them?

No. This is why GMG's 30% discount code for Aussie Taxed games isn't as great a kindness as GMG made it out to be since people in other territories still get a better deal thanks to the one-two punch of a cheaper base price and a 20%+ discount code.

Dr Dogg

I don't think they do. Christ they don't work on more than 1 item in your cart. Though they still do stack over store discounts sometimes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
oh snap.

and yeah, probably too much. for shame.

Well, reading their Greenlight page it looks like they remade the game from the ground up, and (I can't really tell) but it seems they've added extra levels and heroes. I'm kind of excited, I might pick it up this weekend.

Echoplx

The deed is done.

I am holding you entirely responsible for this PriitV! If this goes wrong I shall punish you by spamming you with Steam screenies and suggestive captions until you either de-friend me or gouge your own eyes out with a spoon!

Only kidding :) I take full responsibility for my own decisions.

Dammit!

Not sure how you're handling this but I'm definitely interested in a copy! Thanks for doing this <3

Turfster

The game is OK, basically something along the lines of Marlow Briggs. A B-tier character action game.

I wasn't making a statement about it being a good or bad game, I was just saying most people wouldn't care because it would only be a +1 in their Steam library, and since it's not a Steam version, it becomes moot ;)

Tizoc

No. This is why GMG's 30% discount code for Aussie Taxed games isn't as great a kindness as GMG made it out to be since people in other territories still get a better deal thanks to the one-two punch of a cheaper base price and a 20%+ discount code.

Hmm I see, I did get a 30% discount code from them once but didn't use it. since none of the game it worked with interested me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wanted the dlcs :)

that doesnt awnser my "what" question lol :D

edit: i assume its this new bundle stars cities in motion thing? just noticed it when looking for new bundles

Copons

I'm playing a bit of the oldies but goldies Dreamcast classic Sonic Adventures and I must say:

1) Sonic Adventure DX is a crappy conversion (if you pick a res higher than 1024x720 it adds a huge frame, wtf?) and the game aged really really bad.

2) Sonic Adventure 2, instead, seems a very good conversion (actual 1440x900, somewhat hi-res texture - at least higher than DC ones) and the game is SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOD (and it's not the nostalgia speaking!). Even the Knuckles/Bat gal stages, that sucked back then, they still suck today, but is not like they're worse, they just suck the same.

Turfster

But... I already have Cities in Motion 2....

One extra game and 13 extra DLCs for your totals!
CiM2 is better in quite a few aspects, but the streamlining also did a number on some of them. It lost the historic aspect, and is more generic cities than actual real life locations.

Deques

that doesnt awnser my "what" question lol :D

edit: i assume its this new bundle stars cities in motion thing? just noticed it when looking for new bundles

Ah, sorry, I misread your question. Yes, it is indeed the Cities in Motion bundle. Only the first game though.

Deques

People want Prey? I have several unopened copies on my desk!

Do I hear a big giveaway?

Edit: I finally redeemed all DLCs for Cities in Motion. Here is a leftover

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cities in Motion -- MB-C9FFB79B563DDFE6 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 2 entrants total.

t1389031345z1.png

Dr Dogg

I'm playing a bit of the oldies but goldies Dreamcast classic Sonic Adventures and I must say:

1) Sonic Adventure DX is a crappy conversion (if you pick a res higher than 1024x720 it adds a huge frame, wtf?) and the game aged really really bad.

2) Sonic Adventure 2, instead, seems a very good conversion (actual 1440x900, somewhat hi-res texture - at least higher than DC ones) and the game is SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOD (and it's not the nostalgia speaking!). Even the Knuckles/Bat gal stages, that sucked back then, they still suck today, but is not like they're worse, they just suck the same.

If I remember rightly Sonic Adventure is just the same old Dreamcast Hits pc port from way back when but Sonic Adventure 2 is the Xbox 360 port so it has a little more love showered upon it including achievements.

I really wish i didn't suck at Crusader Kings 2. Tried to jump back in after picking up the DLC Collection. Nope, still no clue what i'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom