• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

If I remember rightly Sonic Adventure is just the same old Dreamcast Hits pc port from way back when but Sonic Adventure 2 is the Xbox 360 port so it has a little more love showered upon it including achievements.

Oh that explains a lot!
I didn't even know there was a SA2 conversion for the X360...

Does anyone know how having one of the large scrolling ads on the front page works? I mean do the publishers/developers have to pay special for a spot here (common sense?) or is it more at Valve's discretion (new release, higher earner, etc?)?

Sometimes I can't figure out why certain games stay on there so often.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Does anyone know how having one of the large scrolling ads on the front page works? I mean do the publishers/developers have to pay special for a spot here (common sense?) or is it more at Valve's discretion (new release, higher earner, etc?)?

I don't think they have to pay for it and it has usually been reserved for big, Steamworks games.

Grief.exe

People want Prey? I have several unopened copies on my desk!

People want what they can't have, it has been removed from Steam and made more difficult to acquire.

Its pretty cool how you can retroactively active Steamworks games to your account. Makes it more difficult for publishers to remove games entirely from existence.

how much :O

I had no idea it was so in demand!
IMG_0020_zpsb711927d.jpg~original

Nabs

I wonder if Joe Danger and Joe Danger 2 will be in a Humble Bundle soon. They seem to have Mac and Linux builds in the registry.

Turfster

Daily: Proteus 80% off

Weeklong:
  • Dysfunctional systems 50% off
  • Hammerfight 50% off
  • lume 70% off
  • Air Conflicts Collection 50% off
  • Anodyne 50% off
  • Guardians of Graxia 75% off

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nothing worthwhile weeklong deals :/

Just Dysfunctional Systems for me, however if I can find three people interested in an Air Conflicts: Vietnam four-pack I'll jump on it also (I should be able to get one for $24, but this is something I'll sort out later).

nexen

I don't like Dust. It is very pretty, but ultimately feels hollow and boring so far.
I do like Valdis Story.

Valdis really kicks my ass though. Ho lee crap it gets hard.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly the original game is not available on PC. I would love to check out The Darkness II, but I'm afraid the story won't hit quite as much without having played the first game.
Same here. I played the beginning of the first game on a friend's PS3, and I loved it. Maybe I should ask him to let me stay there for a weekend or two and race through it, so I can begin the sequel.

But that can wait. I'm pretty happy right now with Remember Me, thanks to our fellow and kind SteamGAFfer Dreamfall. On one hand I want to finish it before next Thursday, because that's the MGR PC launch day. But on the other, I don't want this game to end, because I'm enjoying it a lot.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
lume 70% off
This seems ill-advised. I guess they're hoping to catch people who miss the bundle...

Just Dysfunctional Systems for me, however if I can find three people interested in an Air Conflicts: Vietnam four-pack I'll jump on it also (I should be able to get one for $24, but this is something I'll sort out later).

You didn't buy the first Groupees Let's Build a Doujin Bundle? The dev makes you jump through hoops, but you can get a Steam key from that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Volcynika

Just need to be the right price and I'll definitely give it a try, it's one of the games I've been interested in for a while!

Yeah, got it for $10 from GMG during the holidays. Not enough time to write actual impressions till later, but I feel I got my money's worth.

Hammerfight! I've seen some clips of that game that make it look fascinating. 2D Flying swinging sickle/hammer physics-based gladitorial battles? Sure, why not!

feel

I think I'm done with Spelunky. I just can't get into it.

Oh well, it was only $3.50, I guess...
Hotline Miami and Frozen Synapse continue to be the only good Indies
Took me forever to get into it, I actually kinda hated it, but thanks to the huge gaf praise I kept giving it new chances, until it somehow clicked with me and I'm now in love.

I posted earlier in the thread that the Dysfunctional Systems developers stopped work on episode 2 for now. I posted to see if anyone knew if the ending for episode 1 was a cliffhanger or not but no one replied :( Anyway I figure people might want to know that going it with new sale

Turfster

I posted earlier in the thread that the Dysfunctional Systems developers stopped work on episode 2 for now. I posted to see if anyone knew if the ending for episode 1 was a cliffhanger or not but no one replied :( Anyway I figure people might want to know that going it with new sale

I'd answer, but I didn't want to jump through the hoops to register it on Steam, and I've never been able to get Desura to actually download it, so...

Music sogood.

And art direction.
And story.

HoosTrax

Hammerfight! I've seen some clips of that game that make it look fascinating. 2D Flying swinging sickle/hammer physics-based gladitorial battles? Sure, why not!
I played that game for like five minutes before moving my mouse around in circles got old. It probably would have made for a more fun Wiimote or mobile game.

As it is, I didn't feel like burning up a set of teflon mouse skids on one game.

nexen

GK86 has put a good thread together

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745234

Brothers going up for $3 after code on the 9th, same day MGR drops.

Oh, fantastic! Thanks for this.

With Metroidvania games, isn't it typically possible to grind a bit until the boss fights are a cakewalk?
I don't think leveling up is a standard trope of metroidvanias. I think Valdis does have an XP/level system though, so I'm not sure.
The problem isn't how much damage I can do or take though - some of the timing on these is just brutal for me.

I really hate the automatic 'use-a-potion' thing too. When I'm not fighting a boss I'd rather just die and go back to my save point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom