• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anodyne needs to stop being stingy and go 75% already :(

Volcynika

I'd answer, but I didn't want to jump through the hoops to register it on Steam, and I've never been able to get Desura to actually download it, so...

And art direction.
And story.

Yeah I took a few screenshots of some of the environments. Gooooooooooood stuff there.

HoosTrax

I hope Kingdom Rush is less exasperating than Pixeljunk Monsters. My biggest problems with that TD game was that 1) you don't know ahead of time what types of creeps you'll encounter, which leads to more trial-and-error than strategy, and 2) there is no fast forward.

I hope Kingdom Rush is less exasperating than Pixeljunk Monsters. My biggest problems with that TD game was that 1) you don't know ahead of time what types of creeps you'll encounter, which leads to more trial-and-error than strategy, and 2) there is no fast forward.

Kingdom Rush gives you a preview of the next wave with a little countdown you can skip for gold. I've been waiting for this for soooo long! Buying nowwww.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really excited about Kingdom Rush, and a 25% launch discount is pretty nice too. Will definitely be picking this one up.

Also, anyone that doesn't already own Ace Patrol or Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies, and has an Amazon credit, you should pick this up:

http://www.amazon.com/Patrol-Pack-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00HJA4TPG/

Two Steam games for $0.99, both with 4-5 card drops each that sell for about $0.10-$0.12, making the two games almost free.

FloatOn

I'm not buying Kingdom Rush until I make it through Anomaly 2. I can only handle so much tower defense at a time. Sorry Uragay.

Monsters was just exasperating in general for me. I loved the presentation, but the execution was just not my cup of tea. Far more trial and error versus something like Defense Grid. Plus the amount of perfect clears required to advance was silly. I'm fine with some of the end game of games requiring perfects to access, but PJM started to ramp that up way too early.

nexen

Injustice: Gods Among Us isn't as good as Mortal Kombat. It probably would work better for me if I was a fan of DC comics, but I only really care for Batman and maybe one or two other characters. Some of them are so goofy it hurts.
Graphics are nice, but it does suffer from slowdown on my rig at highest settings (- AA).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Injustice: Gods Among Us isn't as good as Mortal Kombat. It probably would work better for me if I was a fan of DC comics, but I only really care for Batman and maybe one or two other characters. Some of them are so goofy it hurts.
Graphics are nice, but it does suffer from slowdown on my rig at highest settings (- AA).

Better not talk shit about Martian Manhunter, the Superman that actually makes some sense.

HoosTrax

Monsters was just exasperating in general for me. I loved the presentation, but the execution was just not my cup of tea. Far more trial and error versus something like Defense Grid. Plus the amount of perfect clears required to advance was silly. I'm fine with some of the end game of games requiring perfects to access, but PJM started to ramp that up way too early.
Exactly. I can't count the number of times where I seemed to be doing just dandy, then all of a sudden, the game would throw something unexpected at me like shielded or balloon monsters, and after I had already spent most of my gems. Which would lead me to lose villagers and immediately want to restart from scratch since I needed rainbows to unlock paths.

I'm not buying Kingdom Rush until I make it through Anomaly 2. I can only handle so much tower defense at a time. Sorry Uragay.
You shouldn't have an issue then, since Anomaly isn't a tower defense game ;)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm a DC guy, but you won't see me play Gods Among Us anytime soon. I'm not into fighters, there's that, but the character art really makes me sad.
So bad. :(

Marvel Puzzle Quest has the same thing, although less extreme.

Grief.exe

I'm a DC guy, but you won't see me play Gods Among Us anytime soon. I'm not into fighters, there's that, but the character art really makes me sad.

I thought the art direction looked horrible as well, but I'm not really a fan so I haven't said anything.

nexen

It's comics, they can all be goofy as fuck.

I never really liked comics because they felt like goofy soap operas to me.
I like the recent comic movies though. They usually manage to successfully gloss over or outright remove the things that kept me from getting into comics.

I don't know, I think some of the character designs are decent. I like their take on batman, for instance.
Aquaman looks horrible though. They are trying too hard with him.

Also I really like the backgrounds. The area transitions are really over the top in a bad way though.

Not sure how you're handling this but I'm definitely interested in a copy! Thanks for doing this <3

Noted :).

I haven't entirely decided yet but I won't be trading them for profit that's for sure. Since there seems to be so much interest in the game I'm sure a giveaway of some description might go down well. However, I am mulling over doing it with a unique stipulation *evil grin*.

Watch this space.

how much :O

Belay that order! One of these has your name on it. It's the least I can do given how much you have contributed to SteamGAF in so short a time. I'm sure the rest of the natives would agree that it is entirely appropriate that you receive a complimentary copy. No argument either; I know what you're like! :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
UbHbM7c.jpg

I believe it was Grief who pimped out Steamworld Dig pretty heavily around its release.

I finally started it and I'm hooked. Thanks for the recommendation!

Have you played Sang Froid? It's a mix of TD-esque strategic pre-planning and then tense actions as you hope your planning as successful. You might like the fact that you know which and how many enemies are coming from what direction, so you can plan accordingly

HoosTrax

Have you played Sang Froid? It's a mix of TD-esque strategic pre-planning and then tense actions as you hope your planning as successful. You might like the fact that you know which and how many enemies are coming from what direction, so you can plan accordingly
Not yet. That game was one of the highlights of the early Greenlight days and I upvoted it, but I kind of forgot about it as I got increasingly jaded about TD games. But based on your comments, I'll be sure to check it out.

FloatOn

Sang Froid seemed like a less polished but a potentially more in-depth Orcs Must Die 2. Is this the case?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Noted :).

I haven't entirely decided yet but I won't be trading them for profit that's for sure. Since there seems to be so much interest in the game I'm sure a giveaway of some description might go down well. However, I am mulling over doing it with a unique stipulation *evil grin*.

Watch this space.

Belay that order! One of these has your name on it. It's the least I can do given how much you have contributed to SteamGAF in so short a time. I'm sure the rest of the natives would agree that it is entirely appropriate that you receive a complimentary copy. No argument either; I know what you're like! :p

I dont know what is going on here, why are you speaking for him Woo? Are...are you his lawyer? Woohoo attorney at law?

objection.jpg

also, Steamworld Dig is awesome, it is a fact

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The deed is done.

I am holding you entirely responsible for this PriitV! If this goes wrong I shall punish you by spamming you with Steam screenies and suggestive captions until you either de-friend me or gouge your own eyes out with a spoon!
I want to be spammed by this too :(

What do I have to do in order to receive such a punishment?

Sadly the original game is not available on PC. I would love to check out The Darkness II, but I'm afraid the story won't hit quite as much without having played the first game.

I don't think you're missing *that* much. It's an origin story, but they flash back to a lot of the major plot points that are referenced during the second game. It ends on a cliffhanger that will never be finished in game form, btw.

Amazing deal, will get.

I think I'd rather buy and play Ninja Bladen...

I got the game for Free and it sucks....

It's really not bad as an NG ripoff... there's a bit too many QTEs though. :p
I liked it enough that I bought it twice... because my first copy wasn't a Steam copy.

GK86 has put a good thread together

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745234

Brothers going up for $3 after code on the 9th, same day MGR drops.

$3 is pretty cheap, but I don't think I can recommend it, even at that price. People would be better served putting the $3 toward MGR. :p

But Spelunky is GOAT.

It's certainly up there.

Really excited about Kingdom Rush, and a 25% launch discount is pretty nice too. Will definitely be picking this one up.

Also, anyone that doesn't already own Ace Patrol or Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies, and has an Amazon credit, you should pick this up:

http://www.amazon.com/Patrol-Pack-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00HJA4TPG/

Two Steam games for $0.99, both with 4-5 card drops each that sell for about $0.10-$0.12, making the two games almost free.

This is what I did! I'm learning from JaseC.

Better not talk shit about Martian Manhunter, the Superman that actually makes some sense.

Hahaha. Dislike of Superman? I like the cut of your jib, ser.

I haven't played him yet but he looks goofy. His name doesn't help either.

edit: I guess I'm more of a Marvel guy.

Me too. Except for the Batman Universe -- that's my favorite.

It's a bad fighter anyway, IMO.
And besides, uraizen doesn't recommend it for <$7.50, IIRC. :)

I believe it was Grief who pimped out Steamworld Dig pretty heavily around its release.

I finally started it and I'm hooked. Thanks for the recommendation!

I want Steamworld Dig, but it never went under $7.50 during the Seal.

Steamworld Dig, Guacamelee, Cave Story and La Mulana get into a bar room brawl. Who comes out the victor?

Guacamelee of course. Do not underestimate the spirit of the luchador.

--

Amazon just emailed me to tell me that "my pre-order of MGR:R is available as of 12am this morning and my credit card has been charged".

And yet, I cannot find a key in my games library... what is this nonsense... if my pre-order is available, why can I not access the license to redeem on Steam?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is Proteus really worth my time? I know it's only £1.40 but it just seems to be you walking around =/

Don't expect anything more than a really relaxing musical toy that has a tiny element of discovery to it. I loved it a lot but if you're already not feeling it by the screenshots/videos I don't think you're going to like it.

FloatOn

I started Guac and it's really hooked me, I'll probably play this to completion. I started both Cave Story and La Mulana but stopped for some reason.

Steamworld Dig I will buy asap.

Dr Dogg

Well about an hour or so into Remember Me and outside the visual aesthetics I wasn't really feeling it but then I got to the first memory remix. Back on board with a bang now. The minimal UI is a revelation as well as the signage and ads in the game world as well. Really need to go tinker with the FOV settings somewhat as it's seriously cropping out some glorious vistas.

Steamworld Dig, Guacamelee, Cave Story and La Mulana get into a bar room brawl. Who comes out the victor?

La Mulana no contest. That game scares me half to death as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom