• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

I know this may be a broad question but given the recent glut of these games can anyone give some impressions and key differentiators between: DayZ, 7 Days to Die, Rust and Nether?

They all seem very similar, but I am intrigued by 7 Days to Die particularly cos I heard from some Steam forum chatter (whatever it may be worth) that it's better than DayZ but just doesn't have the same cache.

Ironic that the most expensive games on Steam now are the unfinished ones =/

Hawkie

Just picked up a pre-order of The Banner Saga ($14). Love the art style, love Vikings. Anyone else been keeping an eye on this one?

Is there a way to add a credit card to Steam without actually buying something? I'd rather not wait till sales period since I thought I read that adding a CC during sales blocks your account from buying temporarily.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Since Amazon let the keys go early for preload time for some MGR!

tumblr_m81zgu4M3R1rst3kro1_500.gif

tumblr_mr2rm5uJny1sdeouco1_500.gif

The light man cometh

Nice giveaway! Still can't ease the pain of waiting for Gamefly to cough up my damn key though :(

Backlogger

Man, Steam Reviews are a total mess.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but does anyone know if there is a link that would direct someone to JUST the positive or JUST the negative reviews for a game?

They're displayed that way on the app page, but once you click the "View all..." button, it doesn't seem to be able to filter them, besides "most helpful", "recently updated", etc.

Dang 'ole javascript. I tried some URL hacks but nothing worked.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a way to add a credit card to Steam without actually buying something? I'd rather not wait till sales period since I thought I read that adding a CC during sales blocks your account from buying temporarily.

I think you have to buy something to add a credit card to your account. Adding one doesn't prevent you from buying things, but I believe it locks you out of the Steam Marketplace for a while (30 days?)

Dang 'ole javascript. I tried some URL hacks but nothing worked.

Yeah after digging around, I get the strong impression that this was not tested very well before it was rolled out. For example, DLC items have their own reviews, but when you click on "Browse all", for reviews of a DLC, it takes you to the base game's community hub.

DukeBobby

Damn, that's a great giveaway. I envy you guys who will be playing it for the first time. I wish I'd waited instead of playing my PS+ copy. The awful framerate really soured the experience.

Also, I better not hear anyone say that the soundtrack sucks.

Gamerloid

Official List of 2014 Razzie Awards Nominations: Worst Actress

Saoirse Ronan - THE HOST
Search your feelings. You will know it to be true.

Damn, that's a great giveaway. I envy you guys who will be playing it for the first time. I wish I'd waited instead of playing my PS+ copy. The awful framerate really soured the experience.

Also, I better not hear anyone say that the soundtrack sucks.

I'm always hearing great things about the soundtrack. When I give the game a go, I hope to be greatly impressed or I'm coming for GAF.

maty

First finished game of 2014, The Swapper. Beautiful game, great atmosphere, puzzles. Can't recommend it enough.

And with it I got to 50 perfect games (meaning all achievements).

Now onto SteamGAF GOTY, TeleglitchRogue Legacy.

Sorry Tesseract, don't have Teleglitch yet :(

Curious_George

Neo Member
Just picked up a pre-order of The Banner Saga ($14). Love the art style, love Vikings. Anyone else been keeping an eye on this one?

I spent some time with Factions but it never hooked me. I love the the art style and the vikings as well, however. I'm still pretty excited for the single-player experience though, as that's usually where I enjoy my turn-based strategy. But I also might wait and see how much content there is given my interest is mostly in that single-player campaign.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ok I have the metro for Steam skin but it isnt showing up on the steam options

I have it set like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\skins\Metro for Steam
Im a mess I know >.>

I think you have to buy something to add a credit card to your account. Adding one doesn't prevent you from buying things, but I believe it locks you out of the Steam Marketplace for a while (30 days?)

Okay, thank you. That's still kind of lame because I sell lots of CSGO crates all the time. I suppose I'll add the CC during a daily deal I'm interested in.

Persona7

Banned
I finally redeemed all the humble bundle keys I had laying around for like 6 months and now I can't connect to steam

I wonder if steam flags mass code redeems

Dambrosi

Banned
In for all three Rising draws, as should be everyone else in this thread. Free for all, remember?

Amazing giveaway there, Infinitenine.

I finally redeemed all the humble bundle keys I had laying around for like 6 months and now I can't connect to steam

I wonder if steam flags mass code redeems
Only if they're already redeemed or invalid keys, IIRC.

Gamerloid

In for all three Rising draws, as should be everyone else in this thread. Free for all, remember?

Not me. I don't have the PC to run it. Not yet anyway. Waiting on Maxwell. I don't want to take a game away from someone who can actually enjoy it at release.

Persona7

Banned

Amazing giveaway there, Infinitenine.

Only if they're already redeemed or invalid keys, IIRC.

I did get two that were already redeemed. I just had a bunch of keys sitting in a text file and I also did the redeem thing for a few through humblebundle.com.

It is saying there is a problem with the steam network...I didn't get a email or anything like that.

Ryne

I am as well. I asked around in here about some experiences with the multiplayer version of the game and didn't do too well.

I'm probably going to pick it up as well, the artstyle just fits and the game looks interesting.

Great giveaway there, already double dipped on MGR so congrats to the (soon-to-be) winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom