• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue I've had was when I followed the "guide" to remove the need for the x360ce workaround and it fucked over my search integration which required me to reinstall since I couldn't figure out how to repair it.
Lucky you.

Not-so-fun fact: if you crash win 10 enough times, all apps from windows store(including the store app itself) would stop working.

oipic

Quoting Sarcasm's post here in case folks missed it at the end of the last thread:

For those that bought Sky Rogue, steam keys are up. (itch.io / indiegamestand)

Thanks for the heads-up - I had forgotten that I'd (seemingly!) bought this from itch.io for 50 cents back in January.

Parsnip

The only issue I've had was when I followed the "guide" to remove the need for the x360ce workaround and it fucked over my search integration which required me to reinstall since I couldn't figure out how to repair it.

Otherwise, my machine seems to like it. Granted, I haven't played a ton of games and it's been used mostly for livestreamer with EVO followed by SGDQ, but it's doing pretty well overall.

I see a strange fluke with KF2 sometimes where the game launches and stays at about 50k memory and i have to go launch it from the install dir... but other than that... yeah, fine so far.
I haven't had issues either. Some weird driver shit during preview, but nothing in like a month or so.

Weirdly enough, even though they brought back the start menu, I still ended up installing Classic Shell. I just like to have all my programs and apps in a flat alphabetical list with multiple columns and no scrolling.

Turfster

So uh.... Witcher 3 endgame spoiler:
Are Broche's traps supposed to NOT ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING since they're not fucking covered or anything? "Yeah, knights in armor will just fall into them"... except THEY WALK AROUND ALL OF THEM.

Lucky you.

Not-so-fun fact: if you crash win 10 enough times, all apps from windows store(including the store app itself) would stop working.

You were talking in the last thread about "all of your programs"?

How many do you install?

I just have the two main browsers, livestreamer, ds4windows, steam/origin/uplay, idlemaster, and flawless widescreen, I think.

--

Random side story:

When I was back in college, right around the time win98 came out, my buddy was doing a fresh install of win98 after something went wrong (don't recall what, might've been a stint trying out linux). My buddy, during restoration of his files from zip disk, was doing as many installs as possible before forced restart... so he'd be restarting and then windows would hang and we couldn't figure out why at first; this happened two or more times... until he did his next re-image and restarted after ever thing he restored.

Finally he says to me, "Frost! I figured it out. It was restoring my fonts that fucked it up. I wonder if they're corrupted or something?" I replied that I used the same restore data for fonts and it worked fine for me and I hadn't seen any problems.

Come to find out, he was not aware that when restoring the fonts he should not have been just copying and pasting the old fonts folder into the system directory and overwriting the fresh version.

Not sure why your comment made me think of this, but I randomly remember it at times and it gives me a bit of a laugh, so I thought I'd share. :p

Lucky you.

I haven't had any issues at all. Every program and every game works like it should for me. Also, everything feels slightly faster.

So uh.... Witcher 3 endgame spoiler:
Are Broche's traps supposed to NOT ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING since they're not fucking covered or anything? "Yeah, knights in armor will just fall into them"... except THEY WALK AROUND ALL OF THEM.
Wait, what are you talking about?
You were talking in the last thread about "all of your programs"?

How many do you install?

I just have the two main browsers, livestreamer, ds4windows, steam/origin/uplay, idlemaster, and flawless widescreen, I think.
I didn't install everything back this time, just the usual game stuff, avira antivirus, office, some android development tools.

Turfster

Wait, what are you talking about?
During the attack on Kaer Morhen, if you helped Broche, he and Vess join you and make pit traps all over the forest around the portals you need to close. Those traps seem to be broken as fuck, though, making them useless.

During the attack on Kaer Morhen, if you helped Broche, he and Vess join you and make pit traps all over the forest around the portals you need to close. Those traps seem to be broken as fuck, though, making them useless.
Man I don't remember doing this at all, is it because
I went to the witcher hunting party
?

Did you not
go back around the world to ask people to help you defend Ciri?
I got everyone to Kaer Mohren, but I could only remember closing the portals with other witchers, after Triss's fireball, the witchers all went back to the keep. Nothing about planting traps with Roche.

Turfster

I got everyone to Kaer Mohren, but I could only remember closing the portals with other witchers, after Triss's fireball, the witchers all went back to the keep. Nothing about planting traps with Roche.

Oh.
Yeah, then he did it, but like I said, they're useless.

Volimar

Congrats Volimar!

:D

Awesomeness

UgpR2iE.gif

Turfster

Gotta leave some targets for the swords man!

Yes, but I wanted to
dodge-trick them into them, but alas, Geralt's combat system is garbage and they didn't even make an effort to mix it up like that. Man, why couldn't we have a game that was only Ciri combat, which actually has tactical elements to it =p

no idea who all from GAF has won anything from Alienware tonight so congrats to everyone that did

----

hopefully will be picking up King's Quest soon

Hey guys, I just bought Dead Rising 3 off Nuuvem using flyvpn. I turned off the VPN then tried to activate the key and it says its invalid. I did a ton of reading online and it says Dead Rising 3 isn't region locked. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Oh wait. Now it worked. That was scary. First time I've used Nuuvem.

Quoting Sarcasm's post here in case folks missed it at the end of the last thread:

Thanks for the heads-up - I had forgotten that I'd (seemingly!) bought this from itch.io for 50 cents back in January.

Yeah, thanks to Sarcasm for the heads-up. I also forgot that I bought it from IndieGameStand when it was a deal a while back.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hopefully will be picking up King's Quest soon

I just finished the first chapter (all that's been released so far) and it's great. After having just re-played The Walking Dead Season 1 and having an ongoing love-affair with Life Is Strange, I can that Telltale really needs to step up their game.

I mean, I've been enjoying Tales from the Borderlands as much as anyone can possible enjoy a Borderlands game, but King's Quest and LiS is putting their games to absolute shame.

What's the title image of?

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Kiru

Thank you guys and congrats to the other winners! Can't believe it. The Alpha might run games better than my PC for now! :O That was a damn long night. Going to sleep now, good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom