• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Thank you guys and congrats to the other winners! Can't believe it. The Alpha might run games better than my PC for now! :O That was a damn long night. Going to sleep now, good night!

I have an alpha and I'm more or less happy with it.

dex3108

thanks, now I'm even more confused to what Warren is. Anyway, trying to downsample some games from 4K to 1080p. What program am I suppose to use?

Gedosato?

If you have Nvidia card try DSR (Nvidia CP/Manage 3D Settings/Global Tab/DSR Factors/check all of them

If it doesn't work use GeDoSaTo for DX9 games.

Thank you guys and congrats to the other winners! Can't believe it. The Alpha might run games better than my PC for now! :O That was a damn long night. Going to sleep now, good night!

You won an alpha as well? Congrats and good night!

I'm happy with this DMC code. That's all I wanted heh.

Nice job, Kiru!
I wanted the DMC4SE code badly.

I'll wait for a mega discount now.

KarmaCow

Has Konami said anything about the MGSV PC release date or prepurchase plans? It's still listed as coming soon on Steam but they've been bundling keys with Nvidia cards.

-Deimos

Congrats...*grumble* *grumble*

At least I won Screencheat.

Welp, missed the alienware vault because I was playing smash tourney.

Trading one source of disappointment for another.
If you had fun with Smash though, you probably ended up on the better end of the deal.

I think their RNG is broken.

Quick google search says other deepbot users have seen the same issue, but the devs claim "it's as randomas anything seeded on PC can truly be."

Random or not, good for Kiru for making off like a thief in the night.

Is there a basics of the Alienware thing post?

I'm looking forward to Close Your Eyes this month!

Time spent in chat on alienware twitch generates ATP.
You can use this to gamble to get more or just idle and let it accumulate.
During game streams where they give out keys, if you are in the channel and subbed, you are eligible for raffles if you are active within 10 minutes of the raffle starting.
At the end of the month, when they do this vault thing, you use the ATP mentioned above to buy tickets to be entered in the (seemingly not quite random) raffle.

That's the short version.

Dsyndrome

Convinced my wife to watch Aliens for movie night tonight. If I could get her to play/watch Alien Isolation, I'd be set.

Are all Alienware twitch giveaways like that? First one I've been around for somewhat, I'm usually at dinner or running off doing stuff.

Convinced my wife to watch Aliens for movie night tonight. If I could get her to play/watch Alien Isolation, I'd be set.

Are all Alienware twitch giveaways like that? First one I've been around for somewhat, I'm usually at dinner or running off doing stuff.

No -- most of the time, they stream something and it's just randomly timed giveaways to people who are active in chat.

Read my post up there. :p

Except, you know, the whole spying on you, and serving you ads everywhere, and the fact that my HTPC still has no fucking network because it can't find the stupid bog standard intel NIC chipset.

I didn't have to adjust anything for the spying thing, it was already disabled, and i never got any ads either. Turns out it was disabled too.

So I share his opinion on W10>7

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Vanguard Princess (complete - 3 keys) -- MB-32A2BD7448DEC500 - Taken by GaussTek
Venetica Gold -- MB-AB10D58A45B8D522 - Taken by Servizio
Mercenary Kings -- MB-2E67A38098090AB0 - Taken by TheLight
Outland -- MB-4C102D8DD39E9307 - Taken by fertygo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Dear Leader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rising Thunder Alpha Key -- MB-1E338E599F29D622 - Taken by Spirited
Rising Thunder Alpha Key #2 -- MB-024FD8479B877C4D

gibed keys pls

Redeem keys at www.risingthunder.com

How do you put multiple keys in one giveaway line? Like let's say I wanted to give away SpeedRunners + all DLC as a single item. Is it just "SpeedRunners and DLC - <key1> <key2> <key3>?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I got it.

Eila

Oh yeah, I updated to W10 via clean install and the steam is telling me to wait a week before I can access the market again. There's no way around that, right?

Volimar

Oh yeah, I updated to W10 via clean install and the steam is telling me to wait a week before I can access the market again. There's no way around that, right?

Well you could mail support, but you'll be able to use the market again before they back to you, so...

Knurek

Games released between 20.07 and 26.07.2015 with more than 10,000 sales:

Breach & Clear: Deadline ($19.99) - 67% positive out of 250 reviews: 15,483 ± 2,923 (game left Early Access on that week)

TIS-100 ($6.99) - 98% positive out of 580 reviews: 36,319 ± 4,477 (game left Early Access on that week)

Heroes of SoulCraft (F2P) - 30% positive out of 155 reviews: 38,490 ± 4,609

Battle of Empires : 1914-1918 ($19.99) - 77% positive out of 608 reviews: 29,953 ± 4,066 (game left Early Access on that week)

Way of the Samurai 4 ($24.99) - 81% positive out of 359 reviews: 20,981 ± 3,403

Five Nights at Freddy's 4 ($7.99) - 96% positive out of 3,443 reviews: 98,540 ± 7,374

Time Clickers (F2P) - 91% positive out of 837 reviews: 163,654 ± 9,501

Victor Vran ($19.99) - 93% positive out of 554 reviews: 30,387 ± 4,095 (game left Early Access on that week)

And once again, our indie darling:

20.07.2015: Rocket League ($19.99) - 95% positive out of 4,704 reviews: 260,242 ±11,014
25.07.2015: Rocket League ($19.99) - 94% positive out of 6,333 reviews: 390,947 ± 15,012
01.08.2015: Rocket League ($19.99) - 93% positive out of 8,324 reviews: 561,287 ± 17,582
~170k copies sold during the week

Sch1sm

My Alienware stream win count is still 0. 0000. I'm okay with that, though.

Started Hexcells Plus. I... feel stupid in the sense that things I didn't understand in the first are now coming to me full force, but that's okay, because now I can actually complete the levels.

I haven't been prompted to download Windows 10 on my desktop either yet, know there's a way to do it manually but I'm lazy.

Breach and Clear is worth getting if you like Frozen Synapse I've heard? Should I get the original or the zombie version?
gonna go to sleep, hoping for DOAX 3 announcement is there when I wake up.
There have been hints?

-Deimos

For anyone who already doesn't own it.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-Deimos, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-5513C519BCE65F46 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.

t1438406503z1.png

Sch1sm

Microsoft still hasn't let me download W10.

Can somebody give me the link that lets me upgrade?

First, is your current OS fully updated? And I mean fully. Every windows update that you've ignored for ages. Could be the reason it hasn't updated.

This really is a question for Tech Support/Windows 10 thread in itself, but here's how we force installed it:
1. Delete the contents in here: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
2. Run command prompt as an administrator.
Code:
wuauclt.exe /updatenow
4. Open up Windows update, click "check for updates."

Arthea

Very nice thread, jshackles

very insane month, so many games to buy, so little money

sorry I post yesterday's update today, but I was busy

RAAAWL

weekly unlocking ToS quest update
week 3

12% unlocked

12 weeks to go

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Cloud Knights -- MB-9B9BAD6FAD16AABD - Taken by electroflame

Paging Nabs for hopeful explanation. Or anyone who played through these, that is.

What actually are these question marks? As if numbers didn't involve thinking enough:

It just means unknown, could be 0, could be 3. Basically means to have to find the information from elsewhere, the column scores, the overall total etc...

Sch1sm

It just means unknown, could be 0, could be 3. Basically means to have to find the information from elsewhere, the column scores, the overall total etc...

No, I got that. I was genuinely wondering if, from there, you could even discern what those are? I'll just stare at it some longer.

On the plus, tomorrow is the day I finally bother with MGS: GZ. Nearly prepared for Phantom Pain. Not ready enough to buy a $35 code from Bernardo, but close. Close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom