• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's make this gif work, SteamGAF.
291F22E8AE4D42C92FA891FF1C72CAAAFE7EA621

The Rising Thunder mention will do for now.

Tagyhag

So I was hoping Pewdiepie playing D4 would help its sales grow, hasn't budged.

Contradiction nearly doubled its sales from the 18th to the 19th, which I think was due in part to the first GBE Playdate on the 17th.

It seems that only very specific games get a significant boost in sales when brought into the spotlight.

Contradiction nearly doubled its sales from the 18th to the 19th, which I think was due in part to the first GBE Playdate on the 17th.

It seems that only very specific games get a significant boost in sales when brought into the spotlight.

What people don't realize is that at this point the audience for those people only go to those celebs for specific games, anything else they will watch but not necessarily go buy it. They probably just watch it because X is playing it and they got what they wanted out of it.

D4 has two major things hanging over its head: it's episodic, and it's originally a Kinect game. It's not tapping into latent nostalgia or gameplay urge, or anything really, so you've gotta really dig the game's style to have any desire whatsoever to play it, full well knowning it may never be truly completed.

Contradiction just has visibility problems. There's a definite market for well-done FMV adventure games... it's just that no one knows this particular game exists. Like, it released on mobile months ago, but I never heard a single word about it until Giant Bomb Quick Looked the PC version. Also, unlike D4, it has some genuinely interesting gameplay in its titular mechanic, drawing on the power of the fun FMV sequences that drive the game.

Great.

None of the DS4 Win10 solutions are working for me now. I noticed FORCED was getting double inputs so I've been trying to fix it.

There was a new update for DS4windows, tried that, no dice.

Tried disabling Network List Service, hide DS4 wouldn't work. I'm now getting an error when trying to uncheck/check the box as well.

Tried x360ce fix in FORCED directory, no luck.

At this point, I saw people were having luck with the SCP Server that worked with DS3/DS4 in Win8.1. Tried to install, got SCP server to acknowledge the DS4 and rumble test ok. Checked the game controller device panel, inputs looked fine in device properties for the lone showing x360 controller, but DS2 dropped the device every 3 seconds.

Somebody help. :\

dex3108

Great.

None of the DS4 Win10 solutions are working for me now. I noticed FORCED was getting double inputs so I've been trying to fix it.

There was a new update for DS4windows, tried that, no dice.

Tried disabling Network List Service, hide DS4 wouldn't work. I'm now getting an error when trying to uncheck/check the box as well.

Tried x360ce fix in FORCED directory, no luck.

At this point, I saw people were having luck with the SCP Server that worked with DS3/DS4 in Win8.1. Tried to install, got SCP server to acknowledge the DS4 and rumble test ok. Checked the game controller device panel, inputs looked fine in device properties for the lone showing x360 controller, but DS2 dropped the device every 3 seconds.

Somebody help. :\

Buy X360/X1 gamepad. Mine X360 gamepad works without issues.

zkylon

zkylewd
mercenary kings is pretty awesome in coop. it's pretty buggy but it's fun to play and difficulty scales pretty enjoyably

it's pretty easy and just a positive feedback loop so we're mostly wasting time together, but it's good background for goofing around with friends, pretty graphics and enjoyable enough shooting-of-stuffs

i sort of wish it was a bit harder, once you get the hang of the controls i find it really easy to go through levels without getting hit if i'm not just blasting through them. like playing 10% safe is like zero damage taken

i'm up to 15 hours so definitely enjoying my time with it

Paging Nabs for hopeful explanation. Or anyone who played through these, that is.

What actually are these question marks? As if numbers didn't involve thinking enough:

hexcells is one of those games i wish i could play from scratch all over again before my brain fully comprehended it

it's one of the best games i've played in a long while, it's amazing

Sch1sm

Welp so long, Batman Arkham Kumquat Nvidia codes.

Debated buying one earlier in BST and decided it ultimately wasn't worth because it'll probably be something like $7.50-$10 during winter sale with those reviews.

hexcells is one of those games i wish i could play from scratch all over again before my brain fully comprehended it

it's one of the best games i've played in a long while, it's amazing

Right up there in my puzzlers. Probably my favourite overall of what I've gone through so far. I remember struggling through the first significantly more, and then now finally grasping it only to have it scale up. These devs. High five for no real "breaks." I like how they've gone about it.

I most look forward the mess that's Infinite and the randomized ones.

zkylon

zkylewd
Right up there in my puzzlers. Probably my favourite overall of what I've gone through so far. I remember struggling through the first significantly more, and then now finally grasping it only to have it scale up. These devs. High five for no real "breaks." I like how they've gone about it.

I most look forward the mess that's Infinite and the randomized ones.

sadly the randomized puzzles are pretty mindless, they're the equivalent of like playing solitaire or whatever, at least by the point you've beaten all three games

which made me double appreciate the effort that it must've taken to craft all those amazing levels

Phinor

Buy X360/X1 gamepad. Mine X360 gamepad works without issues.

Fun fact. X1 gamepad doesn't work right now either. Microsoft messed something up and the buttons are all wrong. For example LT is now RT etc.

Properly working DS4 is very high on my wishlist right now.

Maniac

Banned
I really want one of them there alphas, darn it.

And Ark. Also Ark. I just want some dinosaurs, is that too much to ask? ;_;

I hate Time Clickers, by the way. Because I'm playing it too much.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So have Nuuvem completely locked down buying games from other regions now on their store ? Was trying to get Tembo and DMC4 SE via VPN but it wasn't working (I'm in UK) when it used to. No biggy if not as I can wait for other sales but was curious :)

Tenrius

It's pretty impresive that Sakura Clicker, a game released only a couple days ago, already has over 2000 reviews.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Alien Breed Trilogy -- MB-FF2FE9024B4BA138 - Taken by derExperte
ThreadSpace Hyperbol -- MB-3C5A2CDE2F5DC36D - Taken by rainking187

MUnited83

For you.
So have Nuuvem completely locked down buying games from other regions now on their store ? Was trying to get Tembo and DMC4 SE via VPN but it wasn't working (I'm in UK) when it used to. No biggy if not as I can wait for other sales but was curious :)
What VPN are you using? Try other.

Jawmuncher

If only he knew the truth. Thread from gaming side.

The number of posts is really an illusion. Do you know what people actually talk about in these communities? Allow me to break it down for you:

Destiny-GAF: People posting "I've got two spots left in the party, join up!" nine times out of ten.
Dota-GAF: People desperately trying to snatch their souls away from the game, but failing.
League of Legends-GAF: These guys also talk about Dota.
Halo-GAF: A group of gamers who talk about the upcoming games in the franchise and are completely unaware of how much shit the other GAF communities talk about them.
Steam-GAF: People asking about how to get 5K resolution on their four monitors for Sakura Spirit.
Smash-GAF: Reasonable and measured discussion based on logical theories and evidence.
Giant Bomb-GAF: These users have evolved beyond video games and now discuss about people discussing about video games sometimes.
TF2-GAF: Small in size, biggest in quality minus Clivefrog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom