• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Grand Prix Summer Sale Starts June 25th

Meanwhile no sales at all on Dragon Quest XI, Octopath Traveler, Final Fantasy XIV, Nier Automata or Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn. Square Enix is the worst.

Lots of other notable titles that skipped the sale completely. Beat Saber, Rimworld, Mordhau, Blade and Sorcery, Factorio, and even older games like Civilization 5 and GTA4.
I don't think Rimworld will ever be discounted. I don't recall having seen that happen. :messenger_unamused:

Helios

Team Corgi reporting in.
Anyway bought a few things so far. Lego DC Super Villains as I'm on a bit of a lego burn atm

Cultist Simulator because @Heliocentric has convinced me that it's worth a pop

And Serpent of the Staglands, which despite looking like hot garbage is supposed to be quite a good RPG according to some friends

I dare say I'll debase myself with further purchases tomorrow.
Cultist Simulator is great if a bit too cryptic.

Kadayi

Banned
Meanwhile no sales at all on Dragon Quest XI, Octopath Traveler, Final Fantasy XIV, Nier Automata or Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn. Square Enix is the worst.

100% agreed. I can't believe they're trying to gouge with that standard Octopath price as is. I mean jeez, it's insane.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
100% agreed. I can't believe they're trying to gouge with that standard Octopath price as is. I mean jeez, it's insane.
I could almost, almost, forgive Octopath for not having a discount considering the PC release is so new. Dragon Quest XI and Nier Automata, no excuse.

No discount on the base Final Fantasy XIV, especially this close to the launch of Shadowbringers and the fact that it was given away for FREE on Twitch prime a few months ago, is insane.

Hmmm, I'm currently considering what to buy, as I've been holding off some games. Any help deciding between them and at least knowing better to prioritize?

Of AAA I'm considering:
RE2MAKE (I know, it's sinful, but I've been far too busy this spring)
DMC5
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (not been so hyped for this one, as I like the RPG aspects of Soulsborne games and currently a bit bored with games set in Japan)
Monster Hunter: World (been putting it off for a long time, unsure whether or not it's worth buying. The mixed reviews also make me a bit wary.)
DOA6 (the double communication, the various gameplay elements I didn't like, no tag and not really giving a lot in terms of single player as well, made me just not buy it at release)
Far Cry Primal (I've been bored of Far Cry games, but this one has at least piqued my interest, just for how different it seems.)
Mad Max
Vampyr

Indies/ports/"AA" games:
Tales of Vesperia: Definite Edition (I've got the rest of them, so "why not?" I'm thinking.)
Conan Exiles. (It seems interesting, but it has mixed reviews and I don't know how long it'll hold me.)
Various The Legend of Heroes games (How are these? Which of them are not tactical RPGs?)
GRIP: Combat Racing (I loved Rollcage, so I wonder if this is any good and whether there's enough good content in it.)
Edge Of Eternity (Early access turn-based JRPGesque game)
The Surge (I like Souls games, but the look of it didn't seem like what I wanted from a sci-fi Souls and I'm unsure if it's a good soulslike.)
Stranger of Sword City (Is it a good dungeon crawler? The mixed reviews makes me wary.)

VR games:
OrbusVR: Reborn (MMORPG in VR, but I'm unsure on how it's in terms of longevity and whether the gameplay loop is good enough for it to be something you'll play over time)
Moss
Sairento VR
The Wizards - Enhanced Edition
Job Simulator
Gorn
QuiVr
Contractors
Furious Seas
Budget Cuts (It's really hard to judge whether this one is worth buying.)
VR Dungeon Knight
Fruit Ninja VR
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
The Forest (VR support. Does it have a single player mode as well, if you don't feel like playing online and how's the VR implementation?)
Raw Data
Space Pirate Trainer

Visual Novels:
Kara no Shojo (heard lots of good things about it and I love horror.)
Da Capo 3 R (this seems like the weakest one, doesn't seem like it has a big story draw, but if it's a nice chill slice of life story with romance like If My Heart Had Wings, then I'd be interested.)
Little Busters!
Tokyo Babel

Last edited:

Helios

vam7f4u110831.png

Quality event, Volvo

Last edited:
lol so that's why they let people pick their own team; to give the illusion of player choice when it's rigged from the start.

Kadayi

Banned
For some reason l couldn't rejoin Corgi after the reset so I ended up having to join Tortoise. Still I'm probably done on the purchase front now as I easily went past ÂŁ120 and that involved a lot of smaller games.

Helios

And it's over. They're giving an aditional 5000 games in the next few days.
You can still get tokens if you buy things on the store. They just get converted immediately. If you have any leftover tokens you can spend them until 9th
we2nayd.png

Also they got the third place team wrong in the message.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Picked up Tales of Berseria cause I just played Vesperia and I hear this one is also good.

Also I ended up with a few thousand points but I don't know what to spend them on because I don't want stupid backgrounds and emotes I'll never be able to get rid of. Not enough to get a $5 off coupons so... eh. Lame sale event.

I bought Bloodstained. I have one $5 coupon left though.

Out of Amid Evil, Crosscode, and Two Point Hospital what should I use it for?

Kadayi

Banned
Also I ended up with a few thousand points but I don't know what to spend them on because I don't want stupid backgrounds and emotes I'll never be able to get rid of. Not enough to get a $5 off coupons so... eh. Lame sale event.

You could buy some Badges with the rest if you're not planning on spending enough to get you the $5 off? The Race might have ended but you can still earn points for purchases at present. A friend of mine just gifted me this: -

To tip himself over the 15K (the bastard). Still more meat for the 52 week challenge. 🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom