• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

RE: Coma: Mortuary, looks like it's definitely been cheaper for at least a few days so I'll bet it'll be cheaper again. Especially since it's only Episode 1. Also likely bundle fodder. I'll hold out. 30 cents could get me like 7-10 badass emoticons on Steam.

I'm also looking at East India Company, which is a not-great trading and economic sim type game. I own it on a retail disc (bought it at a dollar store, somehow). I also seem to own East India Company Gold on Steam, but I can't figure out if there's any difference between East India Company and East India Company Gold. Gold doesn't have a store page and it uses entirely different depots and packages, but it's not on the "Removed from Steam" games list. East India Company additionally has a bunch of expansions/DLC not included in the base purchase, and I have no idea if Gold includes them or not.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/25930/ <-- store page for regular
http://steamdb.info/app/25930/subs/ <-- regular
http://steamdb.info/app/254000/subs/ <-- gold
How not-great is it? I'm kinda interested in it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay, so that explains how I got it and why it's totally separate, but what is it? Does it have the expansions? I'm not particularly concerned with the +1 or whatever, but what content do I actually own?

Yes, they're all-inclusive. EIC Gold includes the Designer's Cut content as well as Pirate Bay, Battle of Trafalgar and Privateer expansions, and Pirates Gold includes the Origins expansion.

yuraya

This guy's tf2 backpack is worth an estimated 24,000$. http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198004298329 .

6qGvT0z.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes, they're all-inclusive. EIC Gold includes the Designer's Cut content as well as Pirate Bay, Battle of Trafalgar and Privateer expansions, and Pirates Gold includes the Origins expansion.

I assume Omerta is the same?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: East India Company

How not-great is it? I'm kinda interested in it.

It's not a total failure, it just didn't really grab me in the 2 or 3 hours I played of the retail versions and I know among Paradox-type strategy fans it's just sort of viewed as ho-hum. It seemed sort of limited or shallow in terms of what your options were. I didn't really like the combat controls.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I wish Pirates Gold included the achievements of the regular edition.

Because I won Pirates Gold in a gaf giveaway. And I like achievements.

xJHnBqD.png

Anyone wanna fund this instead of potato salad?? I know i do.

I wonder if Paca Plus will be the new joke gift alongside Bad Rats and that pony game.

I don't even like alpacas and i'm thinking of getting the game when it comes to steam.

These projects just seem to make the one who start the campaign easy money...
And people back those because "so funneh! much rendom! wow!"...

Caerith

RE: East India Company

It's not a total failure, it just didn't really grab me in the 2 or 3 hours I played of the retail versions and I know among Paradox-type strategy fans it's just sort of viewed as ho-hum. It seemed sort of limited or shallow in terms of what your options were. I didn't really like the combat controls.

Thanks. I'm curious what's going on with the DLC. Both Pirate Bay and Privateer say "requires the base game East India Company," but Privateer links to 25939 (which directs to the store front page) instead of 25930 (East India Company) and Pirate Bay doesn't link to anything. Battle of Trafalgar isn't labeled as DLC but says "Notice: Requires the full versions of East India Company in order to play" and, like Privateer, links to 25939.

It just seems like a mess.

onionfrog

I just finished Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death.
It was a surprisingly competent God of War style action game. Aside from one or two glitches it was really well done. (For example Once my character completely flew off the geometer of the stage while climbing a wall, and the game crashed once in a separate occasion.). It did manage to spice things up a bit with some interesting gameplay mechanics. There were minigame sections where you had to dodge obstacles and jump over cliffs while sliding down a mountain. And there were also a couple overhead view 2d shooting segments in a galaga style.
The story is just ridiculous and I enjoyed it in the same way I enjoy a cheesy B-class action movie.It had some pretty cool boss fights and tons of explosions.

Definitely worth the $1, and thanks to the people on GAF who recommended the game during the summer sale.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Think I just got burned by a key seller that I previously dealt with. Bought 3 keys for $6, and they just appeared offline. Fuck.

edit: they came back online, thank god. trade went through. crisis averted!

Elija2

To those who own Cloudbuilt, an update was released today with 5 new levels that addresses almost all of my complaints that I had with the game:

1. The UI being ugly when textures are set to Low Quality has been fixed. They're still a bit compressed, but at least they're legible.
2. The new levels don't have any enemies in them. Finally, levels that I can rush through without having to worry about getting hit or shot at.

Now they just need to address the performance issue, but these new levels are already giving me better performance than most of the other ones. Maybe it's because there are no enemies in them.

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing:
We are playing now!

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
We will initially start a lobby of 10 players (party system limitation). Once we start the game, you will be able to join the public server by going into the main menu and right clicking my name to join the game that I am in.

If you cannot get in, I will try to post in this thread when a free spot opens up on the server.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

it was a lot of fun! Thanks!

To those who own Cloudbuilt, an update was released today with 5 new levels that addresses almost all of my complaints that I had with the game:

1. The UI being ugly when textures are set to Low Quality has been fixed. They're still a bit compressed, but at least they're legible.
2. The new levels don't have any enemies in them. Finally, levels that I can rush through without having to worry about getting hit or shot at.

Now they just need to address the performance issue, but these new levels are already giving me better performance than most of the other ones. Maybe it's because there are no enemies in them.

I wish they would revamp the last level "Redeployment". Sorry, but its far too hard. I tried it for 2 hours and I cant do it, while almost all the speedrunners seem to use some glitch to finish it...

~yawn. just woke up from a nap, Idk but today feels pretty boring. Maybe its cause its monday; don't even feel like playing any of my games even though I haven't even touched some of them. :/ Going to play a few rounds of pac man and see if that cheers me up a bit to play something else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks. I'm curious what's going on with the DLC. Both Pirate Bay and Privateer say "requires the base game East India Company," but Privateer links to 25939 (which directs to the store front page) instead of 25930 (East India Company) and Pirate Bay doesn't link to anything. Battle of Trafalgar isn't labeled as DLC but says "Notice: Requires the full versions of East India Company in order to play" and, like Privateer, links to 25939.

It just seems like a mess.

None of the apps are actually DLC apps; they're all games as far as Steam is concerned, however they have the dependency flags that DLC apps use, so they're functionally DLC, if that makes sense (think DE:HR and The Missing Link). Privateer/Traf's store page being linked to 25939 is a silly oversight -- the way pre-orders on Steam used to work is that you'd buy a "fake" pre-order app that'd automagically be replaced with the proper app once it was no longer private (e.g. http://steamdb.info/app/659/) and 25939 is EIC's "fake" app. I assume they're supposed to link to 25930, which would be an easy mistake to make.

denx

The Divinity hype is starting to get to me, even though I already have so much other stuff in the backlog.

It already got to me. I have Dragon Commander installed, though I don't know whether to start that or replay MGR on hard (not gonna even get near the higher difficulty settings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom