• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

None of the apps are actually DLC apps; they're all games as far as Steam is concerned, however they have the dependency flags that DLC apps use, so they're functionally DLC, if that makes sense (think DE:HR and The Missing Link). Privateer/Traf's store page being linked to 25939 is a silly oversight -- the way pre-orders on Steam used to work is that you'd buy a "fake" pre-order app that'd automagically be replaced with the proper app once it was no longer private (e.g. http://steamdb.info/app/659/) and 25939 is EIC's "fake" app. I assume they're supposed to link to 25930, which would be an easy mistake to make.

That makes sense. Since it used the old system, does that mean the oversight is Valve's fault? Though I guess it's Paradox's fault either way for not doing something to get it fixed.

if anyone want that disturbing image out of his head,,,here are some way to cure it ( i hope )

As a child, I witnessed french fries gun down my parents in cold blood. You monster.

Awww yeah. 888 games. Just as much DLC, ugh.

Steamprof-1_zps267ad610.jpg

Definitely not enough game count, right?

I've been actually clearing some stuff out of my backlog. Finished and 100%'d LYNE, on my way to clear Aeon Command and Oknytt. Been picking up the adventure games because I know I can clear them relatively fast.

I shudder thinking of embarking on one of those 100+ hours journeys... I barely have time as it is right now.

You guys and your recommendations in this thread delivered such a massive blow to my wallet that is reflected in my game count skyrocketing since last year! :p

Same. That last part is impossible.

They should just remove the last part with the turrets and the exploding things...
I can get to the turrets without any problem, then the chance to make it through there is 20% and even if I made it through, it is almost impossible to finish the next part...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That makes sense. Since it used the old system, does that mean the oversight is Valve's fault? Though I guess it's Paradox's fault either way for not doing something to get it fixed.

I'm not sure. I think publishers can set a store page URL if they so desire (e.g. Duel of Planewalker's Gold Bundle has the id of 901667, which is obviously ridiculously high and doesn't actually exist).

Someone post some Shakira Roland please.

tumblr_mkrpf8VuTY1rxfbrio2_r2_250.gif

maneil99
(Today, 08:32 PM)

close, but it's 10038

Sorry, that's my love of hip-hop and lack of knowledge regarding zip codes of NYC showing through. 10304 is Staten Island. :p

I'll be leaving to evo at 3am est : )
anyone esle going?

Lucky you.
If you see jwong, please roshambo him for me.

Same results...

Not sure if it will be the same for you, but with mine, the card where I tried to use it without the right billing address was pretty much wasted.
Amazon tried to charge it, it put a hold on the card, which never reversed, and basically the M&M money evaporated into nothing.
The other time I won, I was able to use it successfully with the correct billing address. I've tried a couple times since to use the original value, but it hasn't worked... so you may have fallen victim to the "I screwed up the billing address on my first win and now I've lost the $6 I won" problem. Sorry. :\

Toshin

Sorry, that's my love of hip-hop and lack of knowledge regarding zip codes of NYC showing through. 10304 is Staten Island. :p

Lucky you.
If you see jwong, please roshambo him for me.

hahah I could make this happen.......now what should i bring steamwise on my laptop is the question..

It would slow down posts and make SteamGaf even more insular than it already is. People wouldn't know where to go to ask Steam related questions.

Why, in that Steam "News and Updates" thread MRORANGE suggested, of course.
It's not like I ever close this tab, so you wouldn't be without me -- whether that's a plus or a negative is your call. :p

Hugstable

Banned
CSGO was a lot of fun. I'm surprised I actually managed to go positive in one match.

I did so bad today. Deagles are my new worst enemy.

It's not like I ever close this tab, so you wouldn't be without me -- whether that's a plus or a negative is your call. :p

<3. We need you and your grenade throwing skills during heists :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It would slow down posts and make SteamGaf even more insular than it already is. People wouldn't know where to go to ask Steam related questions.

Not really. Sportgaf, animegaf , wrestlegaf ,etc moved to community and has the same flow they had. Its not hard to click the community tab.

If SteamGAF was moved to community BUT the sales threads were still in General I think it would work out. The sales thread are where all the new blood comes from anyway.

I like this idea actually sounds great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now I'm just hungry for good food! I was happy with my shitty $5 pizza till now.

Also whats so special about Russia that they get oC for almost half off?
JIuGWy7.png

Economic factors. Just about every app on Steam RU is at least 30% cheaper than on Steam US.

Santiako

Divinity Original Sin has me completely enthralled, I haven't played anything else since release and barely posted anywhere but its thread.

Anyone that hasn't bought it yet, do it now. Best game in years.

waby

Divinity is too good to stay in your backlog, it's the reason why I posted so little in this thread.

Started the series with Divine Divinity but I was stuck in a house with the door locked(I use the teleport stones). Dumb of me to try that. So I think I'll play D:OS now

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think it would be a negative if all of the regulars stayed. I worry more about the thread slowing down to a crawl :p

Or worse, being locked for being too off topic.

Also whats so special about Russia that they get oC for almost half off?
JIuGWy7.png

Russia almost always has the best prices, outside of a few games. Legions of Ashworld, for instance, is actually cheaper in the US than it is in Russia.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
calling this a community, imo, would make it so new people would feel left out already.

Would not affect anything. This is a community that talks about steam games and sometimes goes off topic to talk different stuff just like the other community threads. People comes and go on those thread like any other thread.

waby

Divinity Original Sin has me completely enthralled, I haven't played anything else since release and barely posted anywhere but its thread.

Anyone that hasn't bought it yet, do it now. Best game in years.

D:OS combat system is what I was expecting of the Fallout 3 but fck it shooter game!

Kagemusha

Giveaway
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Chronicles of Mystery The Scorpio Ritual -- MB-4250B150AD5D9419 - Taken by Lain
To The Moon -- MB-D3FD11111B8F461E
Coldfire Keep -- MB-FD401689F44DB7DF
Oil Rush -- MB-055FF1C61F093FC8 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Jack Keane 2 -- MB-97DA9713B5EA293E - Taken by anastef
Hotline Miami -- MB-E24B29912432807C
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-25AB0DD1C12CE741
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-96F2E87436FE4B1C - Taken by dinopoke
Limbo -- MB-E917C906305A2F49 - Taken by skullmuffins
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-2653E14CE7A286DB - Taken by Thezez
Manhunter -- MB-6162FBA3942540ED
Awesomenauts -- MB-249525D02717EBF4
Thomas was Alone -- MB-AFB5497D107FFBD6 - Taken by diablogod
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-11547069FE66AF02 - Taken by fernandes
Safecracker -- MB-169B57540F385629
Dark Fall -- MB-E87E6C67C7BEC527 - Taken by Tesseract

Little Inferno -- MB-C480AA10DF0A364E
Desert Thunder -- MB-E6B8A324AF4F70E3
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-200C26BC6195740A - Taken by Daedalos42
Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-9EEB0B2C17A3C3CB
Gaucamelee -- MB-60633B1FE05D50FF
Dark Fall 2 Lights Out -- MB-C6AE448E12C614B4
Bardbarian -- MB-2CE4F2BC6071D000
Gaucamelee #2 -- MB-9E333E1C82ED63AE

I did so bad today. Deagles are my new worst enemy.

<3. We need you and your grenade throwing skills during heists :p

Hey man, I just wanted to start things out with a BANG!
I did have the most kills that round... ;)

Let me know when you guys need another player, I'll play with any of you again, for sure.

Side note: I thought about streaming it for S&Gs, but was like "nah, don't need to stream EVERYTHING, right?".
Then not only did I start things off with a bang, but I'm really sad that I didn't get the footage of you asking for Sam Fisher's autograph.

you know I've had mirror's edge installed on my pc for ages and haven't even played it. how is that? should I give it a go or is it a waste of time?

if anyone want that disturbing image out of his head,,,here are some way to cure it ( i hope )

I got home after a rough 12 hour day at work and this was the first post I saw. Made me smile. Not even sure what bad image you are trying to replace, but thanks for posting. :)

Tellaerin

For what it's worth, I've never once ventured into the Community section on GAF. Bad idea IMO.

Agreed. Generally speaking, I think we have a nice mix of on- and off-topic discussion here - mostly on-topic, but with enough personality to keep things from feeling dry and lifeless. If the thread were moved to Community, I think the OT discussion would quickly overwhelm everything else. Some folks might prefer things that way, but I like what we've got here now, and I'd really hate to see that go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom