• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
you know I've had mirror's edge installed on my pc for ages and haven't even played it. how is that? should I give it a go or is it a waste of time?

Its really good. Play it. The gun combat is shit but the rest of the gameplay is cool. Story is forgettable but thats not the reason why you play ME.

denx

you know I've had mirror's edge installed on my pc for ages and haven't even played it. how is that? should I give it a go or is it a waste of time?

Doit.gif I played that game for the first time last year and it quickly became one of my favorite games I played in 2013.

It's fast-paced, it's got slick graphics, it's big on style, but short on substance. It's the "Run Lola Run" of videogames. Some people will dig the ride and some won't.

Mono

Something's not right. Why is your username Mono (monkey in Spanish) but your avatar is a cat? Which animal are you? Show yourself!

QEUGaQ6.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You're missing out if you never visit the off topic community section, home to the pics that make you laugh and the "awesome" fan art threads.

Exactly and those are threads which used to stay on the top pages when there was no community. This is a community in terms of posting habits and the way we get along. Simply not in the community side.

Mono

It's excellent if you're one of those people who always tries to one up their time trial scores in racing games!

Kagemusha

Groupees
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

FLY'N -- MB-02C0152D05A3B393
Sang Froid -- MB-B3C981B7A6DC8F8D
A Train 8 -- MB-3F32417AC7D3A944
Longest Journey -- MB-5228C79A4F0F2850 - Taken by InfiniteNine

As a child, I witnessed french fries gun down my parents in cold blood. You monster.

Was this the gunman?
JFeMLP3.jpg

Also, I finished up Hexcells Plus yesterday. It's definitely a lot more challenging and time consuming compared to Hexcells. Definitely for a game for puzzle fans.

Levyne

Banned
I thought most of the community forum doom and gloom was mostly a joke? Most of the threads I post in are community threads.

Tektonic

I don't think it's a bad thing and I never understand why people act like ending in community is like getting down-ranked.

community has some great threads... steamgaf is a great thread.... it's greatness wouldn't be diminished by moving... but it's profile might...

I thought most of the community forum doom and gloom was mostly a joke? Most of the threads I post in are community threads.

The numbers of regulars that post on the Pics That Make You Laugh thread dropped after it moved to community, but in the end the decision is up to the mods and they must know what is better for the board as whole.

Mono

yo.....i just realized the final episode for The Wolf Among Us comes out tomorrow. all my hype..

WHAT?! OMG.

8lJRBjb.gif

Telltale is really good at witholding official release dates until the last second. Or did they officially announce it a while ago and I completely missed it?

yGray

Banned
PM liezryou or dundarhassan for cheap copies of The Wolf Among Us if you were waiting until all 5 episodes came out.

Is it normal when I take screens in-game and upload them after quitting that some images get broken links/don't show for some time? I took some neotokyo pics and some were broken after uploading. Now after a couple hours of sleep they all work. Also, where is the folder for local screenshot saving?

maneil99

Is it normal when I take screens in-game and upload them after quitting that some images get broken links/don't show for some time? I took some neotokyo pics and some were broken after uploading. Now after a couple hours of sleep they all work. Also, where is the folder for local screenshot saving?

Community was having issues

Vlad

Well, people a couple days (so, 100 pages or so) ago were lamenting the lack of impressions, so now that I've finished it, here's what I think of The Swapper

It's great!

It reminds me a lot of Portal in that there's a single gimmick to the game and it manages to design a lot of really clever puzzles around it. For those who don't know, the entire game revolves around cloning yourself. You get a gun fairly early on that allows you to place a clone of yourself anywhere with line-of-sight. You can place up to four clones at any time, and you can also shoot them with the gun to swap your consciousness over to the clone. You can kill off any number of your clones (and you will), as long as the one your consciousness is in stays alive. All the clones move as you do, so the puzzles revolve around maneuvering your clones around a given room in order to gain access to the orb at the end of it.

All of the puzzles are cleverly designed, and even the most devious ones towards the end of the game have stupidly simple solutions, once you figure out what that solution is, of course. It's one thing for a puzzle game to have puzzles with overly elaborate solutions, but this one does a great job of obscuring the solution and making every room completed have this "oh, duh, why didn't I think of that half an hour ago?" feeling.

Apparently the graphics were all done with clay and objects the developer photographed and put in, which gives the game a unique look without screaming "claymation".

It's not too long, with my playthrough clocking in at about five hours. Much like other short-but-sweet puzzle games like Portal, it's a great five hours and unlike any other game I've come across.

Oops, completely missed that. :X Oh well, it's a nice surprise!

The trailer looks nice, but doesn't show too much new stuff. I have high expectations for this episode; the last two were so great!

The fourth episode ended in such an interesting spot, I really hope the final episode can live up to what they've set up.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
is indie gala worth getting if you already have toki tori?

I have this M&M card burning a hole in my e-pocket

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Steam\userdata\[account id]\760\remote\[game app id].

Tellaerin

Personally, I'm more curious why people seem to be jumping on this "let's all go to Community!" bandwagon all of a sudden. Do people feel the thread guidelines now are too restrictive, and want to see the thread moved to Community so that they don't have to worry about when/how frequently things go off-topic here?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly and those are threads which used to stay on the top pages when there was no community. This is a community in terms of posting habits and the way we get along. Simply not in the community side.

I just prefer the way it is now, honestly. It's only been a week since the sale ended and a lot of the post sale activity has died down already. There really hasn't been a whole lot of news to talk about other than the new Indiegala bundle, and most people have been able to find out about it already.

I feel like people would be more hesitant to post in a community thread than one in the normal gaming section. This is probably what most people feel like when they wander into the community sections:

JvFeNFc.gif

Tektonic

thanks for The Swapper impressions... the dev actually emailed me through Desura to ask how I was enjoying it... my response: backlog. ;)

but i might have to give it a go now..

Steam\userdata\[account id]\760\remote\[game app id].
Wow, that's more complicated than I thought. Ah, it also opens the folder when going Screenshots > Show on Disk . Haha, new to screenshooting, noob mistake.
Images are jpg but I have save uncompressed copy setting ticked. Weird.

If we go to community will we get Mandrake For Those of You Just Joining posts?

I don't think anyone could summarize these threads and remain sane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom