• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the shame list, fun threads to hang about in! Divinity Original Sin is great so far, although the audio loops are a bit annoying. Also anytime you click on an npc the dialogue options reset except for massive events(ie, you betrayed them)

Tektonic

I enjoyed the sales thread so much, I think I should hang out here. Only problem is finding time away from Bad Rats...

Mono

Made the shame list, fun threads to hang about in! Divinity Original Sin is great so far, although the audio loops are a bit annoying. Also anytime you click on an npc the dialogue options reset except for massive events(ie, you betrayed them)

Would you say there's enough content to justify the price? I've been eyeing it; looks super fun! I love Divine Divinity!

Damn it, I was all hyped to play through Skyrim Legendary, but then I watched the fourth season of Game of Thrones. Now all I need in my life is Warband with the Clash of Kings mod.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Happy 25th thread, SteamGAF. I don't have much to give right now, so a quick bundle spare set.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

RUSH -- MB-98AFA4FD21DAEBE1 - Taken by astrogamer
World War 2 Time of Wrath -- MB-E601F252E83074BB
Deadly 30 -- MB-1EA4D7D081DF8FE1
Gun Metal -- MB-DB57DA18DA89C458
Subject 9 -- MB-6862EAAED2C68C2D
Creeper World 3 Arc Eternal -- MB-0ADB6C2C2D07B0A2
QuestRun -- MB-EF28B4FF8567E359 - Taken by liezryou
Metal Planet #2 -- MB-CC6FAF7513A38F98
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-F450DE52946FF50E
Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-EFD3D68A919E2DAD - Taken by Toki767
Soulbringer -- MB-F6D0F26881DE2E6A
The Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-FD2C8FDB1724B581
Jet Set Radio -- MB-7AB5C4C64EFAC5F6 - Taken by someguyinahat
Metal Planet -- MB-C032DF8FE8F29370
Overcast Walden and The Werewolf -- MB-1D43E4D9D9E1E65B
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-E324C988E378E84C
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-9DC0A4192996FEA7

t1404174201z1.png

Going by their recent updates, yes.

There is another one and I know some of the people who work in it/related to them. I think it was greenlit but I'm not 100% sure. It's called "Between me and the light". I did my part in helping them and I think there is at least one more but I don't remember the name.

While not on PC, don't forget we had Under Siege for the PS3 as a download-only title. A 100% Portuguese strategy game. :)
I bought Under Siege, it was pretty good. I liked it at least!

Damn it, I was all hyped to play through Skyrim Legendary, but then I watched the fourth season of Game of Thrones. Now all I need in my life is Warband with the Clash of Kings mod.
I've never played the Mount & Blade games, I think I had one of them wishlisted back in the day, but took it off after finding out my then-current PC couldn't run it. I think.

Any good?

Want to give thanks to the SteamGAF crew, helped me win more games than I deserve. I pledge to not be a horrible lurker and to give some good when I can.

Pachimari

Guys, I just bought Call of Duty: Black Ops from GMG and I know it says Mac sale, but I thought it would also work on Windows since it has the Windows logo and shouldn't it be Steamplay?

Would you say there's enough content to justify the price? I've been eyeing it; looks super fun! I love Divine Divinity!

Can't really say given I'm only a few hours in but I'm still in the first town and given their other titles I imagine it's a pretty lengthy games. Believe they gave a 60-100 hours depending on how many side quests you do. Game's quality is through the roof for the most part so far.

Guys, I just bought Call of Duty: Black Ops from GMG and I know it says Mac sale, but I thought it would also work on Windows since it has the Windows logo and shouldn't it be Steamplay?
Black Ops is the one exception on the steam store :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Actually, similar question, would BuoShock sale on GMG be playable on PC as well. I was considering purchasing it for my RPG Maker Game Development Contest.

def sim

I'll need to look for actual footage of it to make up my mind. I tend to have unfortunate habit of falling in love with mechanics and ideas that I am just terrible at playing. But right now, it's at the stage of "Eh, I'll consider it later".

Yeah, at least now we can read up on impressions of the final game on here.

I grabbed Witcher 3 guys, now only 7 months of hype to go! :)

I also bought DR3, which is much sooner, but that's at the end of summer. I can't say no to these reseller prices.

Pachimari

Can't really say given I'm only a few hours in but I'm still in the first town and given their other titles I imagine it's a pretty lengthy games. Believe they gave a 60-100 hours depending on how many side quests you do. Game's quality is through the roof for the most part so far.

Black Ops is the one exception on the steam store :p

Oh boy. Shouldn't I be able to get a refund from GMG, because it shows the Windows logo as well?

5B3pjJg.png

:(

liezryou

It can still be had for 20$. Fear not my young non-ruski brethren.

If you can't justify that price.... Well boo on you.

I know with the Civ series I purchased the expansions on the cheap for Mac and played them on my PC.

Mono

Awesome, I'm glad! It does look very polished.

Jawmuncher

What a great threads MRORANGE.
Glad I could be here for the 25th thread also being in the top 30 posters is pretty cool as well. Here's to the future of SteamGAF.

didamangi

No, it's one of the rare cases that will activet the MAC version only, you won't get it on Windows.

edit: ah, too late :(

Danlord

After snapping up Don't Starve on the sale, I have noticed a few things I like more on PC that I like and a few aspects I like more on PS4.
For instance, Reign of Giants DLC! Waiting forever for PS4 so it's good to finally have access. The customisation on PC for the world map is much better too, I can increase the amount of berry bushes, trees, grass etc. to "More" and "Lots" which we can't do on PS4. I also like that I can zoom in and out, makes observing my surroundings easier and when it's night-time, huddling by the campfire zoomed close makes a nicer view. :)

On PS4 I think the controls and menus are much more refined than Keyboard and Mouse. I haven't (yet) connected my DualShock 4 and mapped the controls to that, and I will do but I think I completely prefer the PS4 version for the layout alone.

I also bought Age of Empires II HD, it brings back so many memories just loading the thing up to quickly test on my laptop; my favourite RTS ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom