• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alright guys, what was your best purchase from the sale?

Mine was defintiely The Wolf Among Us. 10 hours well spent! I can't wait for the last episode to come out in a month or so.

Valian Hearts for 1.65€ (1 key)

ALL STAR , 232 START
Welcome to the 1%!
Mount & Blade: Warband is a super awesome game. I've put just over 200 hours into it. One of my personal GOAT.

In Mount & Blade, you can:
recruit men into your warband
be a bandit and raid villages
be a mercenary to a kingdom and help lay waste to its foes
be a vassal to a kingdom and own a castle
do horse archery
run down guys with a lance while on horseback
siege and defend castles and large castle towns
enter tournaments and dedicate your victory to a lady in waiting
marry said lady or elope with her
talk ill of a lord and challenge him to a duel
start your own kingdom and conquer everyone else

Then there's multiplayer, where you can line up with your team and do a coordinated lance charge and fight dudes.

And there are a ton of mods for the game, including a Game of Thrones mod called "Clash Of Kings."

I totally recommend it.
All of these things make me want to play it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Tizoc

Stupid question, REALLY stupid question, but I am new to key purchasing. Just to confirm, you just trade normal TF2 keys, right? And what was the best site to trade them for.

Looking to get Cryostasis and Witcher 3 for my RPG Maker Game Development Contest.

I use Steamtrades, but TF2Outpost is used as well.
If you managed to get keys for $2.20 or less, you would be getting the game for oh say $25ish.

Tizoc

Valian Hearts for 1.65€ (1 key)

Top%20Tips%20how%20to%20Give%20a%20Good%20Wedding%20Toast_photo.jpg

I got it for 2 (under $5) but them was good times ya?

Well, I had already bought it when I asked you, because I got confused by the whole "- OS X" thing on my library list.

Oh well, I have sent them a support ticket and kindly asked for a refund, as I feel I were lead to believe, that it would also work on my Windows computer.

On one hand it does have the Windows logo above the price, but on the other hand it's feature in a Mac sale, with (MAC) after the games title and all the requirements are Mac requirements so I don't know if they will give a refund, I hope they do for you but they could definitely say no for those reasons.

Hugstable

Banned
Wolfenstein is without a doubt my favorite game of this year...possibly the best shooter I've ever played. don't remember the last time I enjoyed a game for its shooting mechanics.

world is chuck full of goodies too.

Glad! Picked it up on impulse buy this year and plan to play either Wolfenstein or Metal Gear Rising after I finish Dark Souls (which I took a 2 day break on to play Valiant Hearts). Need an hardcore action before I get back into the seriousness of Dark Souls 2. Glad I picked up Divinity like 1 hour before it became an official release as well.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-0C58E3CEFE6D64C7
To the Moon -- MB-7D7A12CA7EA73C17 - Taken by BurnMuhBread

New GPU died?

Never started. Artifacted real bad at low clock speeds and eventually black screened. It's been a rough week. I did manage to beat Gunpoint though :D

Those recommendation lists are great for remembering the crap coming out, too! I had forgotten Sunless Sea is nigh! I gotta see if someone's doing an OT (and if so, "LOSE YOUR MIND, EAT YOUR CREW" is a great tagline).

Pachimari

On one hand it does have the Windows logo above the price, but on the other hand it's feature in a Mac sale, with (MAC) after the games title and all the requirements are Mac requirements so I don't know if they will give a refund, I hope they do for you but they could definitely say no for those reasons.

Yeah, but they gotta show some kindness the way I worded my mail. =p

At least my mother can play it on her MacBook...

Oh well, that money could have been spent toward keys for Mafia 1.

Ibuki

Banned
I've saved hundreds using keys and have never run into issues outside of yesterday when I traded keys for a game key instead of a steam gift like usual *sigh*

Did someone scam you? If it was Steam Trades or a place with rep you can at least get them marked as a scammer. Sorry to hear. :(

Nzyme32

Oh man I am late.

Happy 25th thread. Thanks to everyone involved in all the threads - so many wonderful people. I absolutely adore you SteamGAF <3

Great thread as usual MrOrange.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
All right guys I need some help here. After the whole Heartbleed fiasco I changed my Steam password. Problem is Keepass crashed and didn't save my new randomized password. I can't change my password without the old one and I can't make a support ticket without signing in. On the support page there's the option to retrieve a lost password via account name/email but I'm getting the "We could not find an account with that username or email address" which is obviously an error. Is there any other way I can contact Steam support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom