• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh boy. Shouldn't I be able to get a refund from GMG, because it shows the Windows logo as well?

5B3pjJg.png

:(

My question is answered.

Dusk Golem

Just a quick reposting to give people on this page a chance to knab bundle goodies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

RUSH -- MB-98AFA4FD21DAEBE1 - Taken by astrogamer. 2 entrants total.
World War 2 Time of Wrath -- MB-E601F252E83074BB - Taken by Kaper. 3 entrants total.
Deadly 30 -- MB-1EA4D7D081DF8FE1
Gun Metal -- MB-DB57DA18DA89C458
Subject 9 -- MB-6862EAAED2C68C2D - Taken by PunishedSnake. 3 entrants total.
Creeper World 3 Arc Eternal -- MB-0ADB6C2C2D07B0A2 - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.
QuestRun -- MB-EF28B4FF8567E359 - Taken by liezryou. 3 entrants total.
Metal Planet #2 -- MB-CC6FAF7513A38F98
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-F450DE52946FF50E - Taken by Madridista. 1 entrants total.
Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-EFD3D68A919E2DAD - Taken by Toki767. 3 entrants total.
Soulbringer -- MB-F6D0F26881DE2E6A
The Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-FD2C8FDB1724B581 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Jet Set Radio -- MB-7AB5C4C64EFAC5F6 - Taken by someguyinahat. 11 entrants total.
Metal Planet -- MB-C032DF8FE8F29370
Overcast Walden and The Werewolf -- MB-1D43E4D9D9E1E65B - Taken by Leila. 1 entrants total.
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-E324C988E378E84C
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-9DC0A4192996FEA7 - Taken by Yrael. 2 entrants total.

t1404174201z1.png

Mono

Alright guys, what was your best purchase from the sale?

Mine was defintiely The Wolf Among Us. 10 hours well spent! I can't wait for the last episode to come out in a month or so.

Oh boy. Shouldn't I be able to get a refund from GMG, because it shows the Windows logo as well?

5B3pjJg.png

:(
Man you should've waited for our answers!
Just picked up for a new season by Yahoo!

It's getting a season on yahoo.
So Yahoo bought the show?

So Divinity would be so much more awesome if my laptop could actually run it. Can't wait to get my GPU back....
New GPU died?

L.O.R.D

i was going to post this is Sonic transformed OT , but its dead
maybe i'll post it later

ThNBY03.jpg

ALL STAR , 232 STAR

YES
freakinawesome.gif

fucking finally
those Drift , Ring and Traffic attack are insane
its near impossible to not get hit for seconds

Sumo Digital need to tune things down little bit in the next game ( i hope )

some screenshots
frnxxym1.gif

Finally , an screenshot for all the characters i have

leveling them up one by one is a chore

dani_dc

Guys, I just bought Call of Duty: Black Ops from GMG and I know it says Mac sale, but I thought it would also work on Windows since it has the Windows logo and shouldn't it be Steamplay?

Black Ops is one of the few (might be the only one really) Windows/Mac game that isn't Steamplay. Really disappointed that Valve allowed that to begin with.

Sofa King

Just got into PC gaming (I guess I have a 3 year account, but haven't used it much until now). Impressed with the community here in the SteamGaf world. Looking forward to a regular discussion thread, and thanks to the generosity of all those who made the Summer threads such a fun time!

I've never played the Mount & Blade games, I think I had one of them wishlisted back in the day, but took it off after finding out my then-current PC couldn't run it. I think.

Any good?

Mount & Blade: Warband is a super awesome game. I've put just over 200 hours into it. One of my personal GOAT.

In Mount & Blade, you can:
recruit men into your warband
be a bandit and raid villages
be a mercenary to a kingdom and help lay waste to its foes
be a vassal to a kingdom and own a castle
do horse archery
run down guys with a lance while on horseback
siege and defend castles and large castle towns
enter tournaments and dedicate your victory to a lady in waiting
marry said lady or elope with her
talk ill of a lord and challenge him to a duel
start your own kingdom and conquer everyone else

Then there's multiplayer, where you can line up with your team and do a coordinated lance charge and fight dudes.

And there are a ton of mods for the game, including a Game of Thrones mod called "Clash Of Kings."

I totally recommend it.

Mine was defintiely The Wolf Among Us. 10 hours well spent! I can't wait for the last episode to come out in a month or so.

I didn't buy much, but probably Tomb Raider. It's not very tomb-y, or raidy, but it's pretty well done as a whole.

That said, I haven't really given Shadowrun a fair shake yet. I might change my mind once I get more hours into it.

maybe i'll post it later

ALL STAR , 232 START

YES

fucking finally

some screenshots

Congrats on the achievement!

Pachimari

Well, I had already bought it when I asked you, because I got confused by the whole "- OS X" thing on my library list.

Oh well, I have sent them a support ticket and kindly asked for a refund, as I feel I were lead to believe, that it would also work on my Windows computer.

rtcn63

I spent 2+ years in community college. A somewhat depressing and lackadaisical place, especially if you were around during night classes. And very easy to get sidetracked because of bad habits from high school, and well, life being life.

Did I just lose Fable 3 out of my inventory? I kept it there to gift to my wife for when she had a PC able to run it. Now, I can't seem to find it in my inventory at all, I'm positive I bought it. Anyone know about Fable 3? Kind of annoyed, that I bought it and can't even access it at all, and there seems to be no proof that I even bought it aside from having to dig through some emails.

Panda Rin

Wolfenstein is without a doubt my favorite game of this year...possibly the best shooter I've ever played. don't remember the last time I enjoyed a game for its shooting mechanics.

world is chuck full of goodies too.

Even after all the Bad Rats roulettes in the last thread, I've still managed to avoid it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before my luck runs out...
My Broken Bad giveaway was too much fun. I'll be sure to do something again next sale but make it even more sinister.
Ya creep you following me! \(^w^)/
Are you sure it's not the other way around? "whatatwist.gif"

Dusk Golem

Stupid question, REALLY stupid question, but I am new to key purchasing. Just to confirm, you just trade normal TF2 keys, right? And what was the best site to trade them for.

Looking to get Cryostasis and Witcher 3 for my RPG Maker Game Development Contest.

Tizoc

maybe i'll post it later

ThNBY03.jpg

ALL STAR , 232 START

YES
freakinawesome.gif

fucking finally

some screenshots

frnxxym1.gif

Nice!

Og8ruDK.png

What is "Underpants"? I can't find it in my Steam Library, nor is it under my store transactions.

EDIT: Wait, it was an item from the summer adventure. LOL Nevermind!

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Great thread!

And Revengeance at 1080p and 60(stable)fps with MSAAx4 is so awesome. It's 2AM in the morning here, so I couldn't blast it from my HT, but tomorrow I'll have some fun.

I'm loving it as well, from the information I got from the OT, the finale will be released in July.
Just got into PC gaming (I guess I have a 3 year account, but haven't used it much until now). Impressed with the community here in the SteamGaf world. Looking forward to a regular discussion thread, and thanks to the generosity of all those who made the Summer threads such a fun time!
Welcome to steamgaf!

Did I just lose Fable 3 out of my inventory? I kept it there to gift to my wife for when she had a PC able to run it. Now, I can't seem to find it in my inventory at all, I'm positive I bought it. Anyone know about Fable 3? Kind of annoyed, that I bought it and can't even access it at all, and there seems to be no proof that I even bought it aside from having to dig through some emails.

Check your store transactions on Steam? Should be there.

SEGIII

Neo Member
So I just encountered my first Steam glitch.
I had purchased a game during the sale as a gift, and sent it to my inventory to be given/traded/activated later. Despite the fact that I received a receipt and the order was listed under the transactions section of my account, the game was not in my inventory.

I searched the issue, and it turns out that I had to remove a "gift" (Steam Community Beta) from my inventory for the game to appear. Has this happened to anyone else?
EDIT: I think this is the problem you had.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Wolfenstein is without a doubt my favorite game of this year...possibly the best shooter I've ever played. don't remember the last time I enjoyed a game for its shooting mechanics.

world is chuck full of goodies too.

Someday... after I beat Dark Souls 2 maybe.

I do love shooters!

Must.... resist.... lol

Mine was definitely BattleBlock Theater. I have 12 hours in it though most of that was idling while browsing GAF.

Yrael

I haven't played all my purchases yet, but I've already finished The Cat Lady. It's a wonderfully eerie and thoughtful horror game.

Stupid question, REALLY stupid question, but I am new to key purchasing. Just to confirm, you just trade normal TF2 keys, right? And what was the best site to trade them for.

Looking to get Cryostasis and Witcher 3 for my RPG Maker Game Development Contest.
SteamTrades, TF2 Outpost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom