• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
So, uh, can we still send a recommendation for March since technically isn't March yet?

No HITMAN or Alekhine's Gun recommendation is pretty sad :(

Who is he?
image.php

He has incited the wrath of the Bloodborne Defense Force. Also I hate the Souls fanbase.

Uraizen

Banned
Oh, forgot to mention for BlazBlue:

Time Limited Discount
Additional 10% loyalty discount is available for those who own 'BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger' or 'BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend' in their Steam Library on top of the 10% launch discount offered for the first week of release, adding up to max 20% discount! [※ SRP : 29.99 USD]

So 23.99 USD after loyalty discounts if you own both.

ArjanN

well the story mode is pretty decent , theres a story mode for each character and a final chapter that unlocks after completing the rest, about the other question the game thats missing on steam is Blazblue Continuum Shift but Continuum Shift Extend is basically the same game with some extra content ( this one also has a short version of the story mode of Blazblue Calamity Trigger so you only need that for the story )

Yeah, as far as I know BCS Extend has all the content regular BCS had, plus extra stuff, so I wouldn't really say BCS is missing at all.

God, that Shardlight's screenshot (and Wadjet Eye's games in general, I guess) is hard to look at.

Not really, they have pretty good pixelart and art design generally.

rtcn63

DS/Bloodborne is the true successor to Zelda, combat-wise. Relatively simple (in a complex sort) but enjoyable, also no sailing.

So when I upgraded to Windows 10, even though I chose to keep my files, and made a backup of my "Documents" folder just in case, my save got deleted. Fuck. This.

Anyone know if there might be a way to recover it?

You should have a Windows old folder or something on C. It contains everything your previous system had in order to roll back if you are not happy with the upgrade or if something goes wrong. Try to search there.

DS/Bloodborne is the true successor to Zelda, combat-wise. Relatively simple (in a complex sort) but enjoyable, also no sailing.

Dark Souls and Zelda are complete polar opposites of design. They have nothing at all in common. On one end you have a game that explains nothing and expects players to understand, and on the other you have a game that explains everything and expects players to understand.

Unless you mean Zelda 1 and the Adventures of Link. Then I guess you might be onto something.

inm8num2

Nice to see Shardlight in the OP - might end up being the best Wadjet Eye published game yet.

Played 1.5 hours of Outland today - pretty fun action platformer.

Dr Dogg

I get the feeling that thread is about one more post that goes against the grain until someone erupts in a fit of rage "don't you dare try to ruin my game you filthy casuals".

anyone know of a good budget laptop? looking for one for school, looking to spend no more than $350 not including tax. not that chromebook nonsense tho

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

I would argue King's Field/Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/BloodBorne is closer to being the successors of Castlevania (prior to Igavania) than I ever would Legend of Zelda/Adventure (by extension).
Controlled movement, slower than average action games for the time, "stiff" weapons behaving exactly the same way and asking you the player to learn their movements well for best results, giant towers of evil, turning to stone, medieval Europe design influence, etc.

That said, still not successors to either of them as they all stand quite well on their own separate cliffs facing a vista of unimaginable horror awaiting the players should they screw up. Though or Zelda these days it's just more tutorials.

Phawx

ASTROKILL is pretty cool. It looks really impressive and the movement for a space fighting game is pretty good. Have to spend some more time with it.

If there was a dog fighting game that incorporated some Swat Kats-esque maneuvering I think I'd be all over that.

BuS7OQi.gif

ArjanN

Dark Souls and Zelda are complete polar opposites of design. They have nothing at all in common. On one end you have a game that explains nothing and expects players to understand, and on the other you have a game that explains everything and expects players to understand.

Unless you mean Zelda 1 and the Adventures of Link. Then I guess you might be onto something.

I'd say it's more like modern Zelda explains everything and then still expect players to not understand. :p

Rashid(o) is easily the best newcomer in SFV, if only for his music. So good.

His music is great, but I find his design a bit bland visually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom