• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

So shady the OP had to type the url with a written dot com so it didn't get blocked automatically by GAF.

Yeah, I mean if you see that the website you are linking to is banned you maybe want to rethink posting the thread. Some people ...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nice to see Shardlight in the OP - might end up being the best Wadjet Eye published game yet.

Played 1.5 hours of Outland today - pretty fun action platformer.

I got frustrated around the 2-3 hour mark in Outland and then rage quit in the last quarter. It's annoying.

Uzzy

The first trailer for Copper Dreams, a cyberpunk CRPG from the developers of Serpent of the Staglands, was released a few days ago.

K7pRbKK.jpg

Dumped onto the island world of Calitana, you are one of hundreds drafted to ease the overcrowding that is rapidly miring the citizens of Earth in famine, violence and poverty. Once a beacon of hope, the isolated Calitana quickly devolved from lustrous to disastrous, unable to support its settlers, and overrun with unbridled corruption and lawless syndicates.

From waterways to rooftops, adaptability on the island means scaling the city heights, be it to avoid syndicate eyes or to explore the depths and secrets within. An isometric, fully 3d world allows for vertical freedom and movement. Traverse through districts by vaulting through windows, grappling hook to decks above, or jumping building to building. There's no way off Calitana, but there are a myriad of ways through it.

Looks promising. There's a thread about it on gaming side here.

AHA-Lambda

yeah...no glitches or price errors coupled with a lot of people actually keeping their codes has kept prices higher than normal for those promo codes

Such a pain, I need it cheap :p

I want to play it cos I enjoyed the beta alot more than I expected, but at the same time I don't know how worthwhile the game is going to end up being for a solo and campaign focused player like myself >_<

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I got frustrated around the 2-3 hour mark in Outland and then rage quit in the last quarter. It's annoying.
Yeah, agreed. Checking out the OT for the game is like viewing some mirror world. Everything people were praising were things I specifically hated. The movement in the game is just terrible.

Tenrius

Holy crap! They've added achievements to the enhanced editions of BG1 and BG2! It's the final push I needed to finally replay those games. I think my original playthrough took like 300 hours, so it's gonna take a long time.

Gotta wrap up Pillars of Eternity first though. I'm done with White March Part 1, only got Part 2 and the finale of the main game to go through. I do believe this game is vastly inferior to the BG trilogy, though (even the first entry). It's still a really decent offering, it just never lived up to my expectations. Then again, the bar was set so high it was probably impossible to reach it at all.

Demon's is the best in the series. Straight up.

Put that first then flip Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne in your line up, and you got it.

That said, it's one hell of a series.
Idk man, I did play a bit of Demons on my friends PS3 but I think it's gotta be really damn good to top DkS1.

Can't wait for 3, just waiting for GMG to up their coupons.

Eila

One day I'll finally get myself a DS for 1-3 (and a few other games).
One day.

Not 3DS tho, fuck region-locked consoles.

Well, 3DS can play japanese DS games. And 3DS was also hacked a while back so it's region free now I guess.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Super Splatters -- MB-C2247A9CC63D3DF8 - Taken by Purkake4
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-35D9EEAB5FADAEB1 - Taken by UnderWaterTree

Doomedfool

Woot. A time travel thread! Someone call the Doc and Marty!

Holy crap! They've added achievements to the enhanced editions of BG1 and BG2! It's the final push I needed to finally replay those games. I think my original playthrough took like 300 hours, so it's gonna take a long time.

Bums me out a little that I bought it from Beamdog when it first came out. I still haven't played the enhanced edition yet, and I wouldn't mind playing through with some chievements.

Yeah, agreed. Checking out the OT for the game is like viewing some mirror world. Everything people were praising were things I specifically hated. The movement in the game is just terrible.

Okay, there's two confirmations.

I can be prone to calling shit mechanics or story or design, but also I can be weirdly forgiving, so I never trust myself.

This game had the chops at first, sort of oblique in its dual worlds. But man, it just fucking sucked.

Volimar

Guess I'm probably gonna be a sucker and buy The Division.

It looks really good, but I'm not a very social person, so teaming up with folks isn't really my thing (don't even have a mic). Still, I might get it later on a hopefully deep discount.

Tenrius

Woot. A time travel thread! Someone call the Doc and Marty!

Bums me out a little that I bought it from Beamdog when it first came out. I still haven't played the enhanced edition yet, and I wouldn't mind playing through with some chievements.

Well, me too, and I've been putting off my playthrough because I thought they might add them. Same thing with Wasteland 2. It all paid off in the end! I wonder if they are going to add achievements into Icewind Dale. I never finished that game and was thinking about playing it next.

On topic of achievements: PoE DLC ones are atrociously rare. I mean, look at this:

You get it by unlocking the companion from the second DLC. You literally just have to go to Stalwart and speak to her (she's standing in the street).

Only 1.7% of player finished the first DLC which has been out for a while. Just 8.7% beat the main game. Fascinating stuff, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom